Author Topic: Topic for going off topic  (Read 99219 times)

SusanDoris

Re: Topic for going off topic
« Reply #1125 on: January 14, 2020, 08:37:54 AM »
Glad you had a lovely birthday, LR!

Isn't it wonderful how small children walk! After swimming on a Monday afternoon, I wait for my taxi home in the reception area of the Recreation Centre and many children come in for various activities. They add little skips and jumps and various arm waving to their progress from the door to the gate through to the pool etc. A joy to see.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

ippy

« Reply #1126 on: January 14, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »
If you dislike baked potatoes, fair enough, but I doubt that being forced to eat them as a child is the reason. We all have our food likes and dislikes, and they seem to be arbitrary, with no obvious reason for them. I detest apricots, and am not keen on carrots or broccoli, as I've just said on the sprout thread. Sprouts are okish.

Apricots if you ever have reason to wire brush a piece of rusty iron the smell of the brushed iron reminds me of apricots they even taste a bit like rusty tin must taste like.

I think it's the favour of the jam to put atop a cake before icing, UG.(rusty tin flavour).

I try to make my wife put anything apricot away in the shed at the bottom of the garden.

ippy

Oliphant Chuckerbutty

« Reply #1127 on: January 14, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
Apricots if you ever have reason to wire brush a piece of rusty iron the smell of the brushed iron reminds me of apricots they even taste a bit like rusty tin must taste like.

I think it's the favour of the jam to put atop a cake before icing, UG.(rusty tin flavour).

I try to make my wife put anything apricot away in the shed at the bottom of the garden.

ippy
Someone who detests apricots can't be all bad, even if they are a brexiter!
Un petit d'un petit s'étonne aux Halles
Un petit d'un petit ah! degrés te fallent
Indolent qui ne sort cesse indolent qui ne se mène
Qu'importe un petit tout gai de Reguennes.

ippy

« Reply #1128 on: January 14, 2020, 12:29:19 PM »
Someone who detests apricots can't be all bad, even if they are a brexiter!

Can't think why you think I don't like Apricots?

ippy.

Robbie

« Reply #1129 on: January 15, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
I like apricot jam on croissants and apricot crumble from tinned apricots; when I've bought fresh apricots they didn't taste nice,interesting what you've said on here, I thought I probably bought them out of season which is why the taste was odd, but maybe they are always like that. Dried ones are lovely chopped up and put on cereal& porridge.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

ippy

« Reply #1130 on: January 16, 2020, 06:50:07 PM »
I like apricot jam on croissants and apricot crumble from tinned apricots; when I've bought fresh apricots they didn't taste nice,interesting what you've said on here, I thought I probably bought them out of season which is why the taste was odd, but maybe they are always like that. Dried ones are lovely chopped up and put on cereal& porridge.

Don't let it worry you too much Robbie there must be a treatment centre somewhere that'll have a cure for this dreadful affliction of yours!

Chopping them up must involve handling the blasted things, is there anywhere you can chop them up away from everybody else so that you don't spread any of the side affects or fumes of them effect anyone that has to live in the same house as your otherwise good self.

ippy

Robbie

« Reply #1131 on: January 17, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
You alright L'lR?
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest