Author Topic: Searching for GOD...  (Read 3390025 times)

Khatru

Re: Searching for GOD...
« Reply #13050 on: May 11, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »
John 13:34
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

That's the best your deity can come up with?

He was way too late with tnat command........ the Jains and Hindus beat him to it by thousands of years.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

Gonnagle

« Reply #13051 on: May 11, 2016, 01:03:35 PM »
Dear Khatru,

the Jains and Hindus beat him to it by thousands of years.

And!

Great advice is always worth repeating. ;)

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Khatru

« Reply #13052 on: May 11, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Dear Khatru,

And!

Great advice is always worth repeating. ;)

Gonnagle.

It certainly is, Gonners.

Although I do find that many Christians are somewhat reluctant to credit another religion just as AB failed to do.

Dorothy Parker

Sassy

« Reply #13053 on: May 11, 2016, 02:17:38 PM »
That's the best your deity can come up with?

He was way too late with tnat command........ the Jains and Hindus beat him to it by thousands of years.

Wrong... Christianity, throughout the history of Monotheism has been the ONLY religion ever to come up with a God of love and forgiveness.

Read your history properly. I suppose in time everyone will eventually tire of your constantly getting things wrong.

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #13054 on: May 11, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »
It certainly is, Gonners.

Although I do find that many Christians are somewhat reluctant to credit another religion just as AB failed to do.

They did not have a saviour in those other religions and anything resembling Christ was added later after Christ in those religions. Just as Pagans changed their religion to omit the bad bits like making sacrifices of children to their idol gods.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #13055 on: May 11, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »

Wrong... Christianity, throughout the history of Monotheism has been the ONLY religion ever to come up with a God of love and forgiveness.

'come up with'?
Makes it sound just a bit made-up doesn't it?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Khatru

« Reply #13056 on: May 11, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »

Read your history properly. I suppose in time everyone will eventually tire of your constantly getting things wrong.

Love and forgiveness?

That explains why he created Hell to torture people for all eternity.

Torturing people with unimaginable pain has nothing to do with love and forgiveness.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 05:40:21 PM by Khatru »

Dorothy Parker

Khatru

« Reply #13057 on: May 11, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »
They did not have a saviour in those other religions and anything resembling Christ was added later after Christ in those religions. Just as Pagans changed their religion to omit the bad bits like making sacrifices of children to their idol gods.

Saviour?

Who saves us from what?

From himself?

What's the point in having a saviour when your god wants to burn us anyway?

Dorothy Parker

wigginhall

« Reply #13058 on: May 11, 2016, 04:35:00 PM »
You have to be saved from the wrath of God.   Other religions are available.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

horsethorn

• Anomalographer
    • "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)
« Reply #13059 on: May 11, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »

Wrong... Christianity, throughout the history of Monotheism

You know that's not really a very long time, don't you? Maybe around 3000 years.

has been the ONLY religion ever to come up with a God of love

Nope: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_love_and_lust_deities

and forgiveness.

Until sin was invented, that wasn't necessary, so why would they?

However...

"Nusemnee - Nusemnee was the daughter of Zehir. When she failed to assassinate a high priest of Pelor, she was abandoned and then mortally wounded by a paladin’s holy blade. Expecting only death, she was surprised when the high priest healed her, showing her compassion and forgiveness. Intrigued, she decided to honor a promise to the high priest and aid him in his holy quest until a time that she could save his life in turn. Nusemnee thus became a symbol of redemption. When she finally died at the end of the high priest’s quest, she rose again, this time as a minor goddess. In this form, she opposed her father by offering redemption to all who would turn away from evil. She was later killed by a poison that could kill anything—even a deity—that was distilled from Zehir’s blood."

Good to see you still have a strong sense of irony :)

ht
Darth Horsethorn, Most Patient Saint®, Senior Wrangler®, Knight Inerrant® and Gonnagle of the Reformed Church of the Debatable Saints®
Steampunk Panentheist
Not an atheist
"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)

horsethorn

• Anomalographer
    • "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)
« Reply #13060 on: May 11, 2016, 04:48:48 PM »
Just as Pagans changed their religion to omit the bad bits like making sacrifices of children to their idol gods.

Actually, what happened was that people found out that christianity had been lying about that. It didn't happen.

ht
Darth Horsethorn, Most Patient Saint®, Senior Wrangler®, Knight Inerrant® and Gonnagle of the Reformed Church of the Debatable Saints®
Steampunk Panentheist
Not an atheist
"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)

trippymonkey

« Reply #13061 on: May 11, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
Oh Flip !?!?
It seems a certain person on here knows less about other religions than she knows about her own - if THAT'S at all possible ?!!? ;) ::) ::)

ippy

« Reply #13062 on: May 23, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »
Has Alan given up and become a secular humanist?

ippy

Sassy

« Reply #13063 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:09 AM »
'come up with'?
Makes it sound just a bit made-up doesn't it?

For it's time it would be impossible to make it up. Christ's suffering on the cross wasn't a work of fiction.

No man is capable of going through all that without God being with him.

Sassy

« Reply #13064 on: May 24, 2016, 08:10:38 AM »
Love and forgiveness?

That explains why he created Hell

He created hell for the devil. The rest is your own imagination and the Roman Catholic Churches imagination.

Those who go there choose to do so.

Forgiveness and love is shown in providing away for you not to go there.

So as you treat others here, is how you will be treated there.

floo

« Reply #13065 on: May 24, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »
For it's time it would be impossible to make it up. Christ's suffering on the cross wasn't a work of fiction.

What a silly comment Sass. Assuming Jesus was crucified he suffered no more than other people who had gone through the same trauma. Lots of people, religious or not, have knowingly given their lives to save others, with no expectation of popping up alive three days later.

Sassy

« Reply #13066 on: May 24, 2016, 12:11:33 PM »
What a silly comment Sass. Assuming Jesus was crucified he suffered no more than other people who had gone through the same trauma. Lots of people, religious or not, have knowingly given their lives to save others, with no expectation of popping up alive three days later.

Your ignorance is shameful.

Why show yourself up as being completely without knowledge of the crucifixion of Christ?
You could have googled it and found yourself to be wrong.
Christ received the full punishment anyone could receive.

Even a spear in his side to check he was dead.... rather than have is legs broken to hurry the process of dying by suffocation.

His wounds were such that he died well before the need to break his legs.

How would you tell Christ in the throws of agony his death did not matter when he was innocent and committed no crime.
That in itself was different from anyone else who died of crucifixion. But why should that matter to you?
Why should a little thing like the fact he was innocent make you look different up on his suffering?

floo

« Reply #13067 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »

Why show yourself up as being completely without knowledge of the crucifixion of Christ?

Even a spear in his side to check he was dead.... rather than have is legs broken to hurry the process of dying by suffocation.

How would you tell Christ in the throws of agony his death did not matter when he was innocent and committed no crime.
That in itself was different from anyone else who died of crucifixion. But why should that matter to you?
Why should a little thing like the fact he was innocent make you look different up on his suffering?

What difference does it make if a person dies for one, or many? Besides which that guy wasn't supposed to have stayed dead, so his death had less merit than those that die for others and stay dead!

trippymonkey

« Reply #13068 on: May 24, 2016, 01:34:23 PM »
YES !!!

So what actually DID Jesus sacrifice & permanently give up for us ???

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #13069 on: May 24, 2016, 02:10:56 PM »
He created hell for the devil. The rest is your own imagination and the Roman Catholic Churches imagination.

Those who go there choose to do so.

What happens if you 'choose' to go there and the devil doesn't want you to stay, it is his place after all?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #13070 on: May 24, 2016, 02:14:06 PM »

I refer you to;

But there is absolutely no proof except the words of others.
Albert Einstein

ippy

« Reply #13071 on: May 24, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »

EVIDENCE Sass?

ippy

Khatru

« Reply #13072 on: May 29, 2016, 09:46:42 AM »

So as you treat others here, is how you will be treated there.

Ah well, that's clear enough then, I won't be going to Hell.

Dorothy Parker

Rhiannon

« Reply #13073 on: May 29, 2016, 10:01:43 AM »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Jesus was the only innocent man to be crucified? IS crucify innocent people now. Or cage them and burn them alive. St Peter was crucified upside down IIRC - what was he guilty of?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #13074 on: May 29, 2016, 02:52:09 PM »

Your ignorance is shameful. When the Romans crucified people, they would normally just nail them up and leave them there. Sometimes the victims would take days to die. Jesus got off rather lightly by the standards of the times.

I didn't ask him to die. It's his own fault.

That in itself was different from anyone else who died of crucifixion.

Nonsense. Thousands of people were crucified. It would be remarkable if Jesus was the only one who was innocent.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply