Author Topic: What do you enjoy?  (Read 2404 times)

Brownie

• Faith evolves
Re: What do you enjoy?
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2016, 11:33:55 AM »
Hopefully many more years to enjoy Sassy, especially if you keep well.  You is one young little girl, girl!

I don't do that much these days and am very conscious of it.  Only a few years ago I did a lot of walking, loved it, read a great deal, listened to music, went to concerts and the theatre, sometimes film.  I also liked drawing and painting.  I don't have health problems but lack motivation these days.  Ah well, maybe it will come back.

Bramble, loved the talk about your lawn and garden.  I have to tell you my husband mowed the back lawn yesterday morning as he had a day off from work.  He put the grass cuttings in green garden waste bags and was bringing one through the house to put in the green bin when I heard a loud exclamation.  I went into the hall and the bag had burst.  Honestly, what is compacted into a bag becomes an enormous pile when it is released!  It was everywhere, grass, leaves, weeds and probably loads of insects.  Anyway we got it cleared up quickly enough but when I first looked at it, it seemed overwhelming.  Quite miraculously, I didn't get bitten which usually happens to me so am grateful for that.  After we cleaned the carpet I sprayed some fly spray on the floor, just in case.
Then he went back into the garden to put the mower away, slipped on the path and fell over, bruising himself.  It was one of those days........
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Samuel

• geology rocks
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2016, 06:47:26 PM »
I wouldn't say I have any passions as such. Not like shakers books or those wonderful scythes everyone is talking about. But, I am a gamer I suppose. That is video games. I own an Xbox one and a laptop that can just about manage some newer titles.

It used to be that I liked nothing more than to sit for most of the day and get absorbed in a new game. That was when I did shift work and before I had children though... these days I'm lucky if I get a couple of hours here and there.

I recently joined a story telling group and last week told my first tale! It was my own invention and although nervous I really enjoyed the telling. It my firsts time showing off anything truely creative of mine in public. Anyway I have a taste for it now and am already cooking up my next one... a rather dark story that runs as a sort of sequel to the elves and the shoemaker.
A lot of people don't believe that the loch ness monster exists. Now, I don't know anything about zooology, biology, geology, herpetology, evolutionary theory, evolutionary biology, marine biology, cryptozoology, palaeontology or archaeology... but I think... what if a dinosaur got into the lake?

Rhiannon

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2016, 08:53:00 PM »
Eventually we'll have our creative writing board up and running, Sam...

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2016, 01:21:28 PM »
That is an excellent idea Rhi.
We could have a funny one too, where anyone can add a short paragraph, a never ending story (until everyone is fed up with it  :D).

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »
Darts
Guinness
Dominos
More Guinness.
(...falling down, bonus hobby  :-[ )
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »
We could have a funny one too, where anyone can add a short paragraph, a never ending story (until everyone is fed up with it  :D).

Always failed elsewhere. A few pages and then it goes off.
Been a good idea in the past but never lasts.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2016, 04:47:05 AM »
Very true, people do get fed up with it but it would be fun for a while.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:40 AM »
Very true, people do get fed up with it but it would be fun for a while.
Very true, like all threads it will have a self-life. How long that is will depend on the contributers.
Sassy needn't join in!  ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Leonard James

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 07:23:13 PM »
I enjoy sitting in the garden drinking a glass of Muscatel and looking at the fruits of my labour.  ;D

Bubbles

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 07:41:37 PM »

A bit like the music one  ;)

Genial Harry Grout

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 10:21:04 PM »
Pipe smoking, cycling, fruit and veg. gardening, cider making, drinking real ale and cider, reading poetry, litererchewer, popular science, lit. crit., and history.  I used to write poetry, and had some modest success in getting some of it published, but I don't really write it any more.
Drink up thi cider, drink up thi cider,
For tonight we'll merry be!
Well knock the milk-churns over,
And roll 'em in the clover -
The corn's half-cut, and so be we!
Adge Cutler and the Wurzels.