Author Topic: Happy 100th Birthday Auntie Myra  (Read 165 times)

Floo

Happy 100th Birthday Auntie Myra
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:30:18 AM »
Myra Gallienne  is 100 years old today. :) As I have mentioned before, she saved my life from a bolting horse and cart when I was 2 years old in 1952. She was packing tomatoes at my father's vinery in my home island when she heard a commotion. I was walking up the long drive on which a horse and cart were standing, a low flying aircraft frightened the horse and it ran in my direction. Auntie Myra ran towards me and the bolting horse, picked me up and ran with me to our house. We both fell in through the door, which my mother had just opened as the horse and cart ran passed, with very little room to spare. Without Auntie Myra's very brave action I would not be here today to tell the tale.

She phoned me yesterday, and I said I was going to put her birthday notice in as many places as I can on the NET. I think that made her quite pleased even though she is a very self-effacing little lady.

I hope Auntie Myra has a FANTASTIC birthday she is the only one of her large family (10 siblings) to reach this great age. I have been telling her for ages that I would be most annoyed with her if she didn't make it, which made her laugh. :D I am only sorry I can't fly over to join her celebrations but I can't leave my brain damaged husband alone. Still I shall phone her this evening to see how it all went.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:38:05 AM by Floo »
“The wise recognise their failings and laugh at their idiosyncrasies” RJG

Robbie

Re: Happy 100th Birthday Auntie Myra
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:05:21 PM »
Congratulations to Auntie Myra!
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Floo

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:26:56 AM »
I phoned Auntie Myra last night, she had a FANTASTIC birthday party. :) There was a write up about her in the local paper, she had her letter from The Queen, and also The Governor (The Queen's rep) and The Bailiff (the head of the judiciary).

I am so very glad it went off well. I have told her that her next goal is her 110th birthday. ;D
“The wise recognise their failings and laugh at their idiosyncrasies” RJG

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:47:11 PM »
Good for her - glad she had a great day.

Sassy

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »
Hope she got her card from the Queen and it would be a good idea to let HM know that she saved your life.x
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."