Author Topic: Urgent prayers for my friend Becky Laird  (Read 19379 times)

Alan Burns

• I lay it down of my own free will. John 10:18
Re: Urgent prayers for my friend Becky Laird
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 07:58:04 PM »
My wife and I visited Becky today in the intensive care unit of Hull Royal Infirmary.  She still has not regained consciousness since the operations, but is being well looked after.  When I read psalm 91 to her, my wife noticed that her heart rate dropped from 135 to 128 while I was reading.  Staff informed us that her heart rate of 135 was a bit too high.  Please keep up the prayers.

thanks
Alan
The truth will set you free

Anchorman

• Ecclesia semper reformanda est
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »
My wife and I visited Becky today in the intensive care unit of Hull Royal Infirmary.  She still has not regained consciousness since the operations, but is being well looked after.  When I read psalm 91 to her, my wife noticed that her heart rate dropped from 135 to 128 while I was reading.  Staff informed us that her heart rate of 135 was a bit too high.  Please keep up the prayers.

thanks
Alan

You can't beat the psalms for getting through when nothing else does!

Saor Alba gu brath!

Alan Burns

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 09:52:58 PM »
Latest news from the hospital is that Becky now has a chest infection, and doctors do not think she will ever regain consciousness.

It looks bleak, but she is still alive, and many people are praying for her.

Lord, we put all our hope and trust in you.

Alan Burns

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 12:41:32 AM »
Just received from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

It is with much sadness and a heavy heart that  I write to you. Today the consultants looking after Rebecca told me in their opinion it’s highly unlikely that Becky will ever wake up due to the damage caused to her brain. In addition to that news,  they also informed me that Becky has picked up a chest infection. They are however, going to continue to give Becky the best care they can. Their advice to me was that I should bring the children to the hospital to see their mummy. Words cannot describe how i am feeling, I’m  just clinging to Jesus and begging him to perform a miracle and save Becky’s life.

Let us all double the prayer efforts and not lose hope. Miracles do happen!

In Christ
Andrew

Anchorman

• Ecclesia semper reformanda est
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 08:40:37 AM »
If Becky's time to be called home has come, Alan, then I pray it might be a peaceful journey.
My thoughts and prayers remain with her and the family.
Saor Alba gu brath!

Floo

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 09:15:38 AM »
Just received from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

It is with much sadness and a heavy heart that  I write to you. Today the consultants looking after Rebecca told me in their opinion it’s highly unlikely that Becky will ever wake up due to the damage caused to her brain. In addition to that news,  they also informed me that Becky has picked up a chest infection. They are however, going to continue to give Becky the best care they can. Their advice to me was that I should bring the children to the hospital to see their mummy. Words cannot describe how i am feeling, I’m  just clinging to Jesus and begging him to perform a miracle and save Becky’s life.

Let us all double the prayer efforts and not lose hope. Miracles do happen!

In Christ
Andrew

How desperately sad. :(

Rhiannon

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm so sorry for Andrew and his family, and for you, Alan, and all who love her.

Sassy

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »
LORD and Loving heavenly Father,

We pray for Alan, Andrew and all caring for Becky.
Yea though they walk through the valley of the shadow of death they shall fear no evil.
It is always your will to heal. Cast out fear and let them only heed your word. Help them to be strong and let your angels watch over them and let the truth of Christ comfort them and bring them healing.
Lord, Becky shall not die but live. Give them the hope and the faith to believe and receive. In Jesus Name and all like them in their position.
Amen.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Rose

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 07:32:50 AM »
Sorry to hear about Becky, my thoughts are with her family and friends, and hope the miracle they hope for happens.
Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown
Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone

Alan Burns

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »
Latest news from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your continued prayers. Yesterday with the 3 older children, Fr Chad from Ampleforth,  Fr Keogh and other family and friends  we prayed with Becky. For the first time we all felt that Becky was aware of our presence. During our time with Becky she opened an eye and half opened the other eye, it was a wonderful thing to witness and it filled us all with such hope.

We must all continue to be strong and Trust in the Lord. I know God works all things for good. His ways are not our ways and He is still the God of miracles.

Becky’s temperature is down and God willing her chest infection will clear.

In Christ
Andrew

Sassy

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »
Thank you LORD and loving heavenly Father... :)
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Alan Burns

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 06:53:31 AM »
latest email from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. Unfortunately Becky has shown no further signs of improvement and is still in an unconscious state. She is breathing on her own and her chest infection has cleared, however the consultants opinion is still the same. The medical team at Hull are continuing to give Becky the best nursing care they can.

Prayer and Trust in The Lord is our hope and this is what we must continue to do. I have taken the step of saying to Our Lord  “ Your will be done”  knowing and trusting that whatever happens He loves us and wants the best for us all.

In Christ
Andrew

Leonard James

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »
latest email from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. Unfortunately Becky has shown no further signs of improvement and is still in an unconscious state. She is breathing on her own and her chest infection has cleared, however the consultants opinion is still the same. The medical team at Hull are continuing to give Becky the best nursing care they can.

Prayer and Trust in The Lord is our hope and this is what we must continue to do. I have taken the step of saying to Our Lord  “ Your will be done”  knowing and trusting that whatever happens He loves us and wants the best for us all.

In Christ
Andrew

Faith doesn't get much stronger than that!

Good luck Andrew, and my sincere hope is that she recovers.

Alan Burns

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »
Another email received from Andrew today:

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers love and support during these incredibly difficult days. I am praying for you as you pray for Becky and our family. Thank you.

I have had various updates from the doctors, all of which do not offer much hope. Brain injuries of the type that Becky has suffered are impossible to predict with certainty but as far as the doctors are concerned, they consider it very unlikely that Becky will wake up, but they don’t know Becky like I do and they are not taking into account all the thousands of prayers being offered up for her throughout the world. We will, however, need a miracle or something very close to  bring Becky back.

I have decided to ask the intercession of two great saints, St Pio (Padre Pio) and Saint John Paul II. Saint John Paul II had a great devotion to Padre Pio and canonised him on 16 June 2002, only 34 years after his death.

I am hoping to obtain the loan of one of his mittens worn by him during his life which have through prayer brought about many healings.

Here are just a few of them

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/features/padre-pio-all-they-needed-was-a-miracle-29572740.html

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/padre-pio-files-my-pregnant-wife-was-clinically-brain-dead-then-we-brought-in-padre-pios-glove-28514667.html

The latter link was a case really quite similar to Becky and completely miraculous.

We will continue to pray for Becky using this novena as well as lots of other prayers. Please pray in any way you prefer but you are warmly invited to join us for this 9 day cycle of prayer  starting on 4 September 2015 using the novena below which will continue until Becky is healed. Padre Pio’s feast day is 23 September and is the day before the feast of Our Lady of Walsingham. Last Saturday, Mass was offered up for Becky at the original site of the shrine to Our Lady of Walsingham founded around 1053 nearly 1000 years ago when over 1000 people gathered at the Youth 2000 festival.

Thank you again

God bless

Andrew

Efficacious Novena To The Sacred Heart Of Jesus
(This novena prayer was recited every day by Padre Pio for all those who asked his prayers)

I. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.’ Behold, I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of…

Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be to the Father…
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

II. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, He will give it to you.’ Behold, in Your name, I ask the Father for the grace of…

III. O my Jesus, You have said, ‘Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away.’ Encouraged by Your infallible words, I now ask for the grace of…

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us poor sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of You, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate heart of Mary, Your tender mother and ours.

Hail, Holy Queen… St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us

Saint John Paul II, pray for us

St Pio, pray for us!

In Christ
Andrew

Sassy

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2015, 11:51:03 PM »
Andrew,

Jesus has already done everything necessary for Becky to be healed.
My prayer is that God will reveal the hope and truth of his word to all at this time.
That you will know that Becky can be completely healed.
She has opened her eyes just wait on the LORD God and trust him.

My faith and prayer are in God and with you and Becky and her family at this time.

Gods words;- I will restore health unto thee and heal they of thy wounds.

For there is nothing impossible for God.

LORD and loving heavenly Father, Please give them a sign so the doctors and family will see Becky is getting well and increase their faith. In Jesus Name, Amen

Alan Burns

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »
 Latest email from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

I am just writing to thank you for all your prayers, love and support and to give you an update. I am so grateful.

Becky has been through some difficult times since I last wrote but has been moved to York hospital Ward 34 which is a great help for visiting. She is currently receiving very strong antibiotics for a chest infection which at times has been a very serious threat, but thank God this appears to be receding. Becky has opened her eyes but her pupils are not responding and the medical team looking after her say it’s a reflex. We are therefore still in the same place as when I last wrote to you. We are now in the last 9 days before Padre Pio’s feast day on 23 September so if you are able to join us in the novena, I would be so grateful. We need a miracle to bring Becky back.

Padre Pio, pray for us! Saint John Paul II, pray for us!

Thank you again

Yours in Christ

Andrew

My wife and I visited Becky today in York hospital.  She is opening her eyes more than previously.  We hope and pray that this is a good sign.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:24:04 PM by Alan Burns »

Sassy

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 09:29:20 AM »
Alan, don't doubt just believe...
thank you for the update.

Alan Burns

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 10:43:01 PM »
This is the latest news from Andrew:
Dear Friends,

I am writing to you yet again to thank you for all your prayers, support and love. We are so grateful to everyone during these incredibly difficult times.

Since writing last time, Becky has been through some very bad patches but is much better now. She has recovered from her chest infection and is now off antibiotics which is very positive. She has also started to open her eyes and blink and really seems much more present and aware. She is appearing to respond to voices and the swelling has reduced and her pupils are now responding to light. All of this seemed virtually impossible when I last wrote. On top of this, the doctors have reduced the oxygen levels to the tracheotomy to quite a low level and her statistics are stable. They are going to try to take Becky off oxygen during the week and have already tried once.  All in all this is such good news, although there is still a very long way to go.

We are continuing to pray for Becky’s complete recovery to full health and warmly invite you to join us. We are still using the Novena to the Sacred Heart asking the intercession of Padre Pio and also St John Paul II as well as many other saints.

Thank you again

God bless you

Andrew

My wife and I visited Becky in York and were pleased to see her opening her eyes.  We continue to pray for her full recovery.  We discovered that the photograph Andrew sent (see link on earlier posting) was taken in July, just days before she went into hospital.  The photograph is now by her bedside, together with photos of her five lovely children.  She is a beautiful person, with an inner beauty that has inspired the faith of many people including myself and her husband Andrew.  We hope and pray that she will live to inspire many more people in the future.  Please continue to pray for her full recovery.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:39:47 PM by Alan Burns »

Rhiannon

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »
I've been thinking of Becky and her family often.

Sassy

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 10:51:13 AM »
GOD

Answers the prayers.It may be difficult for you to understand but God is taking care of Becky not any single person or organisations prayer.

Becky in my thoughts alot and when talking with God I have prayed about you too, Alan. You need to realise God is not a respector of persons he responds to faith and truth.

It is his faithfulness, love and care we have to thank.  :) As Becky grows stronger and improves I am sure you will also see the truth of Gods goodness and promises in action. Thank you for letting us know.

Alan Burns

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
Recent email received:

Thanks be to God! Come back to us Becky and be a light to the world and a living miracle.

Paul Moore

Founder: Moore Carter and Associates

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:13:10 PM by Gordon »

Alan Burns

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2015, 10:59:48 PM »
Just heard wonderful news that Becky is now able to move her hand when asked.

Rose

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2015, 07:20:35 PM »
Just heard wonderful news that Becky is now able to move her hand when asked.

That's good news  :)

I hope she makes a full recovery 🌹
Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose
Why you ramble, no one knows
Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown
Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?

Ramble on, ramble on
When your ramblin' days are gone

Alan Burns

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 08:08:28 PM »
My wife and I and our daughter visited Becky today in York.  We met up with her husband Andrew and her five children by her bedside, and we all said prayers for her.  Becky opened her mouth when asked so that my daughter could run a swab round her teeth.  She kept her eyes closed while we were there.  We left the room to allow nurses to attend to her, and the nurses reported that Becky was moving her foot in time to music that was playing, and she then opened her eyes when asked.  Earlier the nurses said she was trying to move her mouth to the words of a song that was playing.  This is great progress, and we continue to pray for her full recovery.

Alan Burns

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2015, 07:07:16 PM »
Latest news from Andrew:

Dear Friends,

Thank you for all your prayers, love and support - the family and I could not have come this far without it.

Becky has recently shown some significant signs of recovery including responding to requests to open her mouth, put out her tongue(!), blink and squeeze a holding. She has also appeared to try to talk in response to conversation and appears frustrated when she can't do this. These signs have been witnessed and relayed to me by her consultant who having given a very bleak prognosis has now said that he thinks that Becky is waking up. Praise God this is amazing news!!

She still need prayers for DVT and that her chest remains clear of infection. There are many mountains left to climb but this is a huge milestone in her recovery journey.

The next stage is to try to move her to James Cook University Hospital where there is a specialist neuro rehab unit and Becky has many friends who work there. This was unthinkable a few weeks ago and I really thank you for all your prayers which have made this possible.

We are also looking at ways in which visitors can help to support Becky's recovery and we will be in touch about this soon.

Thank you again so much for everything.

God bless

Andrew