Author Topic: Please pray for me  (Read 2660 times)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
Please pray for me
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:11:06 AM »
As many of you will remember, I had a minor heart incident at the start of the year, and have been taking a mixture of medication since.  Two of these are blood thinners both of which can irritate the stomach lining creating heartburn.  3 weeks ago I started taking an antacid to reduce the occurence of this new medication.  It appears as if I have had a reaction to this, but one that has manifested itself in a very weird way.  I have partially lost control of my right leg and arm.  I can still walk, but with a heavy limp and not always in a straight line!, and can still carry stuff in my right hand but can't write very well (or type - I keep hitting more than one key, or don't hit the right one hard enough!!).  I also get tired very quickly and suffer from headaches and other aches and pains - all listed as 'uncommon' side effects of the particular antacid I'd been prescribed.  I have been taken off it now, and just hope that the effects are temporary.

Thanks.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Gonnagle

Re: Please pray for me
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:01:36 AM »
Dear Hope,

You are in my thoughts and prayers old chum.

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Rhiannon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »
Sending blessings, Hope. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Trentvoyager

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 10:14:02 AM »
Sorry to hear this Hope - my partner suffers with heart problems and has all sorts of adverse reactions to medication. I'm afraid you just have to keep trying till you find the one that best suits you. I sincerely hope your GP is giving you some guidance and advice about the  temporary nature of the side effects. Best Wishes.
So many homophobes turn out to be secretly gay that I'm nervous I'm secretly a giant spider.

Jeremy Kaplowitz

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 10:14:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Hope, you'll need to do as the medics say and hopefully things will start to improve soon.

Floo

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »
As many of you will remember, I had a minor heart incident at the start of the year, and have been taking a mixture of medication since.  Two of these are blood thinners both of which can irritate the stomach lining creating heartburn.  3 weeks ago I started taking an antacid to reduce the occurence of this new medication.  It appears as if I have had a reaction to this, but one that has manifested itself in a very weird way.  I have partially lost control of my right leg and arm.  I can still walk, but with a heavy limp and not always in a straight line!, and can still carry stuff in my right hand but can't write very well (or type - I keep hitting more than one key, or don't hit the right one hard enough!!).  I also get tired very quickly and suffer from headaches and other aches and pains - all listed as 'uncommon' side effects of the particular antacid I'd been prescribed.  I have been taken off it now, and just hope that the effects are temporary.

Thanks.

I am so very sorry Hope, I do hope you are on the mend very soon.
"When I die I hope I will be remembered with humour by my nearest and dearest."

BeRational

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
Sorry to hear about your illness.

I wish you a quick recovery.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Alan Burns

• I lay it down of my own free will. John 10:18
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
May God bless you with a quick recovery.
The truth will set you free

Leonard James

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »
I sincerely hope that the doctors will sort out your problem soon, Hope.

SusanDoris

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 11:52:19 AM »
Pray for you? Certainly not!! :) However, I do of course hope that the medication problem is sorted out quickly. A good friend of mine has just discovered that some unpleasant aches and pains are because it turns out she is one of those people who suffers rare side effects from a particular pill.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
Thoughts are with you - make sure if you don't feel as if stopping the medication gets rid of teh symptoms that you keep making that clear to your doctor.

Floo

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 02:10:13 PM »
Thoughts are with you - make sure if you don't feel as if stopping the medication gets rid of teh symptoms that you keep making that clear to your doctor.

NS makes a very good point, Hope. Have tests been done to make absolutely certain your symptoms are the result of your meds and don't have another cause?

Owlswing

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 02:28:47 PM »
Whilst I wish you a speedy and complete recovery from you medical privations, as I would to anyone - pray for you?

No way - you have consistently denied the validity of my religious beliefs and the existence of my deities and even I cannot be that hypocritical as to pray to my deities for you.

However, I repeat, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
If there must be trouble let it be in my time that my children may have peace. Thomas Payne

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some do what you must!

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Hope, you'll need to do as the medics say and hopefully things will start to improve soon.
I've also discovered that I have to do as my colleagues at the railway and TWAM tell me - don't push it!!  Along with my family, these folk have been a Godsend - even if it has been a tad frustrating listening to them telling me to be careful of myself!!

Thanks for all the comments.  It is amazing how close a community we are, even when we disagree on some issues.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »

NS makes a very good point, Hope. Have tests been done to make absolutely certain your symptoms are the result of your meds and don't have another cause?
No, Floo, but only because the proximity of the symptoms to starting the new meds seems to be more than just a coincidence.  If they haven't cleared up by next Monday, I've to go back to the doc and they'll do some tests.

Someone at TWAM asked whether it was a TIA and I said that I thought not as it is my right side that is affected and that I understood that TIA's affect the lefthand side.  Am I correct in saying that?  If not, I'm sure that that will be something they will look at.  I also understand that the effects of TIAs tend to last longer than a week.

Trentvoyager

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 03:16:33 PM »
Hi Hope

the effects of TIA's are relatively short lived. Usually 24 hours. See here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Transient-ischaemic-attack/Pages/Introduction.aspx
So many homophobes turn out to be secretly gay that I'm nervous I'm secretly a giant spider.

Jeremy Kaplowitz

Floo

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »

No, Floo, but only because the proximity of the symptoms to starting the new meds seems to be more than just a coincidence.  If they haven't cleared up by next Monday, I've to go back to the doc and they'll do some tests.

Someone at TWAM asked whether it was a TIA and I said that I thought not as it is my right side that is affected and that I understood that TIA's affect the lefthand side.  Am I correct in saying that?  If not, I'm sure that that will be something they will look at.  I also understand that the effects of TIAs tend to last longer than a week.

I must admit I did think of a TIA when you mentioned your symptoms. My husband's brain haemorrhage affected the left side of his brain, but it was the right side which was paralysed. I would have thought a TIA could affect either side of the brain. I think it depends on the severity of the TIA how long the symptoms last. It is most likely your meds caused the problem, but if you have any doubts whatsoever, I would see the doctor again before next Monday, if only to put your mind at rest.

Bubbles

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »

Thanks.

Sorry to hear you are unwell and I hope you resolve the issues and make a speedy recovery.

🌺💐🌸

I'll pray for you  ;)

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »
I must admit I did think of a TIA when you mentioned your symptoms. My husband's brain haemorrhage affected the left side of his brain, but it was the right side which was paralysed. I would have thought a TIA could affect either side of the brain. I think it depends on the severity of the TIA how long the symptoms last. It is most likely your meds caused the problem, but if you have any doubts whatsoever, I would see the doctor again before next Monday, if only to put your mind at rest.
Hi Floo, talking over it again with my wife, who was a nurse before she turned to chiropody, she also suggested that a TIA might have been immediate cause.

As you say, you can have one on either side of the brain.

I've already decided that, if it isn't a lot better by Friday, I'll go back then

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
Hi Hope

the effects of TIA's are relatively short lived. Usually 24 hours. See here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Transient-ischaemic-attack/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Thanks for that, Trent

enki

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »
Hi Hope.
I hope that you get the right type and strength of medications and that your symptoms soon disappear. Thinking of you. Best wishes,

Enki
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

SusanDoris

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 05:58:51 AM »
 Hope

Re TIAs: Last year I had one (I'd had a couple during the previous three years) and called the paramedics. The following day I was given an appt at the local Stroke Clinic and as a result of that was thoroughly checked out and sent to Southampton's  clinic where I was told that if I had an endarterectomy within 10-14 days , this would be very affective. This op cleared out the accumulated plaque (or whatever it is!) from my right carotid artery and I've had no further problems. I really recommend finding out more. The Stroke Clinic also immediately put me on Clopidogrel blood thinner which, they said, is the best after TIAs. So what with my new aortic valve (2013), I feel extremely well.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Sassy

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »

Thanks.

LORD, and loving heavenly Father,

We life hope before you and these worrying times and symptoms from his illness.
We ask for healing and we ask the doctors will intervene and get his symptoms under control.  That he will be fully healed and medication not necessary any longer. We ask for immediate affect and all these things in Jesus Name. Amen.

Hope...
Some medications can have initial side affects. However you need to see your doctor. Go back and be reassessed.
Hope add some ginger, parsley,lemon and garlic to your diet.
The ginger and parsley will help your stomach and the lemon and garlic will help with your blood and pancreas.

If you want any private prayers please pm...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Floo

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »
Hi Floo, talking over it again with my wife, who was a nurse before she turned to chiropody, she also suggested that a TIA might have been immediate cause.

As you say, you can have one on either side of the brain.

I've already decided that, if it isn't a lot better by Friday, I'll go back then

Good lad, :) I think it is wise to see the doctor sooner rather than later, if there are any doubts about the cause of your symptoms. We don't see eye to eye about matters of faith, and probably never will, but I do think you are one of the good guys on this forum, and I am concerned about you.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 10:15:41 AM »
Hope

Re TIAs: Last year I had one (I'd had a couple during the previous three years) and called the paramedics. The following day I was given an appt at the local Stroke Clinic and as a result of that was thoroughly checked out and sent to Southampton's  clinic where I was told that if I had an endarterectomy within 10-14 days , this would be very affective. This op cleared out the accumulated plaque (or whatever it is!) from my right carotid artery and I've had no further problems. I really recommend finding out more. The Stroke Clinic also immediately put me on Clopidogrel blood thinner which, they said, is the best after TIAs. So what with my new aortic valve (2013), I feel extremely well.
Hi Susan, I'm already on Clopidogrel (probably the cause of the original heartburn!!) as a result of the stent they put in earlier in the year.  I'm due off it at the end of the year, but I suppose this may change that.

Last night, my wife noticed that my right arm and leg were much colder than myn left, and I have managed to get an appointment with the doc I saw on Monday at 11 this morning for further investigations.

If I don't reappear here for a while, you'll all know why!!