Author Topic: Resurrection  (Read 22114 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Resurrection
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »
I am also quoting a few famous people in my own little post...

You're not quoting, you're referencing at best, paraphrasing at least, and just plain misunderstanding in some parts.

...not the least being that the scientist who said that  the first law of energy conservation is that it can neither be made or lost only changed into another equal energy when put to work...

That sounds like Liebnitz to me, but I suspect that's not who you mean.

Well that is where all scientists seem to be in argument with themselves...contrary to Almighty God, Jesus Christ, Newton, and me, who say that this 'dynamic energy' that built the universe existed before the big-bang and created it...and there is no escape from this fact which science dodges with a palpitating sweat.

I suggest you read Krauss' 'A Universe From Nothing: Why there is something and not nothing' for a scientific account of what it seems likely, according to current scientific understanding, led to the Big Bang. You can try to hijack that for your faith system if you'd like, but I don't think you're fooling anyone. Even if you choose that particularly loose translation of the Old Testament, it still lacks the rigourous description that would make it an actual account and not just vague waffle.

O.

I'm sorry Outrider that your mind is closed to a new way of looking at a teaching which has excited the thinking of many many people over many many generations and which is supported by all known science and takes us into a deeper science which promises resurrection and everlasting life.

A closed mind is the first problem with the phenomena that allows the annals of the mind to absorb and enjoy the various forms of nourishment that feed it and open up all the pathways that control the whole body, not the least being the electric/nervous/spiritual pathways...Still, we are moving too far ahead of ourselves here and you are not interested anyway.

Best to just follow Jesus Christ...accurately.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:54:16 PM by NicholasMarks »

Outrider

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »
I'm sorry Outrider that your mind is closed to a new way of looking at a teaching which has excited the thinking of many many people over many many generations and which is supported by all known science and takes us into a deeper science which promises resurrection and everlasting life.

If it has done this for many generations how is it a new way of looking? That it has excited people doesn't make it true, just look at 'The Fast and the Furious' to see that. As to your contention that I'm closed-minded, you've not given anything to open it. You claim science, but have no science to offer: no model, no hypothesis, no data, no explanatory mechanisms. You just have an assertion - Jesus/God - and a pseudo-scientific catchphrase - 'dynamic energy'. There is much in Jesus' teachings that is worth repeating, I don't pretend for a moment that's not the case, but you do it and yourself a disservice when you try to pretend that it's science.

It's been explained to you many, many times why it isn't science, by me and by others.

A closed mind is the first problem with the phenomena that allows the annals of the mind to absorb and enjoy the various forms of nourishment that feed it and open up all the pathways that control the whole body, not the least being the electric/nervous/spiritual pathways...Still, we are moving too far ahead of ourselves here and you are not interested anyway.

I'm always interested in science, you aren't offering any.

Best to just follow Jesus Christ...accurately.

I'd rather follow Jesus judiciously - I have a mind of my own, and whilst I'll listen to the messages he had, I'll decide for myself what I think is right and wrong in life.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

NicholasMarks

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2015, 08:34:48 PM »
Outrider:

We'll try it another way just for you Outrider...I like testing out new insights which deliver the overwhelming message that Jesus wants to save all those who can show that they can obey a few simple rules.

The sun is a massive ball of energy which is a small part of a huge field of energy. All that energy through the atomic crashing of forces begins to breakdown and when they hit us this energy is just many many photons...so we can see that this energy is reverting back to its meagre original form...an invisible, hardly detectable, superabundant form of energy which God calls his Mighty Power...His dynamic energy, His fountain of living waters...Now, we can reverse engineer all this meagre energy and make many millions of galaxies all with trillions of stars comprising of many many trillions of atoms, exactly as science portrays them...Some might think this adequate proof that Jesus Christ is the son of Almighty God and that resurrection a simple property of this indestructible energy if we follow his righteous teaching.

Outrider

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »
We'll try it another way just for you Outrider...I like testing out new insights which deliver the overwhelming message that Jesus wants to save all those who can show that they can obey a few simple rules.

New hypotheses are the essence of scientific enquiry.

The sun is a massive ball of energy which is a small part of a huge field of energy.

Broadly speaking, yes.

All that energy through the atomic crashing of forces begins to breakdown and when they hit us this energy is just many many photons...so we can see that this energy is reverting back to its meagre original form...

What makes you think this is the 'original form'?

an invisible, hardly detectable, superabundant form of energy which God calls his Mighty Power...His dynamic energy, His fountain of living waters...

And here's where you start to veer away from science. God is not a testable hypothesis, and therefore not part of science. That, in itself, doesn't mean that gods don't exist, but it does mean that you need to do something to demonstrate a reason to include them in a scientific account of anything.

Now, we can reverse engineer all this meagre energy and make many millions of galaxies all with trillions of stars comprising of many many trillions of atoms, exactly as science portrays them...

I don't think you mean reverse engineer. I think you mean that from that study of the way energy and matter interact we can deduce physical laws which explain the existence and origin of the billions and billions of stars in billions of galaxies that we can observe in the known universe, and which scientific theories suggest are made of atoms.

Some might think this adequate proof that Jesus Christ is the son of Almighty God and that resurrection a simple property of this indestructible energy if we follow his righteous teaching.

Some might think that, but that's an assertion and a preconception. There's nothing in the evidence provided which makes it clear that Jesus or God actually exist or have anything to do with the operation of the natural laws of the universe.

O.

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

jjohnjil

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »
Outrider:

The sun is a massive ball of energy which is a small part of a huge field of energy. All that energy through the atomic crashing of forces begins to breakdown and when they hit us this energy is just many many photons...so we can see that this energy is reverting back to its meagre original form...an invisible, hardly detectable, superabundant form of energy which God calls his Mighty Power...His dynamic energy, His fountain of living waters...Now, we can reverse engineer all this meagre energy and make many millions of galaxies all with trillions of stars comprising of many many trillions of atoms, exactly as science portrays them...Some might think this adequate proof that Jesus Christ is the son of Almighty God and that resurrection a simple property of this indestructible energy if we follow his righteous teaching.

Hi Nick

I can't quite follow your equation ... I'm okay up to what is currently termed dark matter, that you call Dynamic Energy, and how the trillions of stars are formed out of this substance, but for the life of me I can't see why this equals Jesus being the son of God and the Resurrection!  Have you missed out something somewhere?

It's a  bit like me saying there are millions of tons of snow in the Antarctic and therefore Hillary climbed Mount Everest!  There may be some connection but I just don't see it.

Please explain.   

floo

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
Outrider:

Goodness only knows how you come up with that assertion! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2015, 09:34:15 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

I can't quite follow your equation ... I'm okay up to what is currently termed dark matter, that you call Dynamic Energy, and how the trillions of stars are formed out of this substance, but for the life of me I can't see why this equals Jesus being the son of God and the Resurrection!  Have you missed out something somewhere?

It's a  bit like me saying there are millions of tons of snow in the Antarctic and therefore Hillary climbed Mount Everest!  There may be some connection but I just don't see it.

Please explain.

Sorry for that jjohnjil...My route to Biblical teaching is through looking at the teaching of Jesus Christ and taking his word and the OT as statements of fact and the overwhelming fact here is that Jesus wants us to embrace this energy via the laws that he guides us to. This means that Jesus and Almighty God are also made of this righteous material which brings the entire teaching of the Holy Bible and science into one unified science...Now nothing can prove the existence of Jesus Christ and the truth of his entire righteous teaching better than it all being part of one unified science...and that is the substance behind my reasoning.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:36:46 AM by NicholasMarks »

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
What does that mean?
Over the years, you have started a considerable number of posts on the subject of Chriostianity and almost all of them have included factual errors - errors such as assuming that getting a 13-year old girl pregnant in 1st century Palestine would be tantamount to child abuse (an error that you compound by using the same argument thread after thread).
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Outrider

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »
Over the years, you have started a considerable number of posts on the subject of Chriostianity and almost all of them have included factual errors - errors such as assuming that getting a 13-year old girl pregnant in 1st century Palestine would be tantamount to child abuse (an error that you compound by using the same argument thread after thread).

You keep making that deduction, and I don't understand. Do you really think that 13 is an appropriate age for a girl to be getting pregnant? I appreciate that it was the cultural norm, but we now know the sort of psychological and physical harm that it causes - and presumably God would know that too.

Either it is wrong to get a 13 year old pregnant, or it isn't: if it isn't, just say so, but if it is why is an error to call that out?

O.

jjohnjil

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Sorry for that jjohnjil...My route to Biblical teaching is through looking at the teaching of Jesus Christ and taking his word and the OT as statements of fact and the overwhelming fact here is that Jesus wants us to embrace this energy via the laws that he guides us to. This means that Jesus and Almighty God are also made of this righteous material which brings the entire teaching of the Holy Bible and science into one unified science...Now nothing can prove the existence of Jesus Christ and the truth of his entire righteous teaching better than it all being part of one unified science...and that is the substance behind my reasoning.

Thanks for that, Nick, but can you point me to the part of the Bible where his actual wording mentions dark matter (or dynamic energy) as I have never seen it myself.  Unless of course there is something he said where you assume he means dynamic energy?  Pointing me to that would be very helpful, as it's all a bit baffling at the moment..

Thank you.   

ippy

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
Funny how the mind works every time I write anything to, for or read about Nick, I've got this picture of Monty Python's "Bicycle Repair Man" in my head and it wont go away.

No I can't explain and have no excuses and as I've said it just wont go away.

ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Thanks for that, Nick, but can you point me to the part of the Bible where his actual wording mentions dark matter (or dynamic energy) as I have never seen it myself.  Unless of course there is something he said where you assume he means dynamic energy?  Pointing me to that would be very helpful, as it's all a bit baffling at the moment..

Thank you.

You may have noticed I used God's 'Mighty Power' as well as God's 'Dynamic Energy' this is to cover me for your next counter claim jjohnjil. You see 'dynamic energy' in all its superabundance is referred to in Isaiah 40:26 NWT and 'Mighty Power in the KJV'...In both instances Almighty God calls our attention to all the stars in the heavens and tells us he used the superabundance of his...mighty power/dynamic energy to make them all with...No one can deny that there is an awful lot of 'dynamic energy' involved in every star...no matter which side of the righteous argument you prefer.

jjohnjil

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2015, 11:39:27 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Thank you.

You may have noticed I used God's 'Mighty Power' as well as God's 'Dynamic Energy' this is to cover me for your next counter claim jjohnjil. You see 'dynamic energy' in all its superabundance is referred to in Isaiah 40:26 NWT and 'Mighty Power in the KJV'...In both instances Almighty God calls our attention to all the stars in the heavens and tells us he used the superabundance of his...mighty power/dynamic energy to make them all with...No one can deny that there is an awful lot of 'dynamic energy' involved in every star...no matter which side of the righteous argument you prefer.

Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
    Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
    and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
    not one of them is missing.

This tells us God made all the stars - presumably using some sort of energy - but no mention of dark matter and still nothing to suggest the missing bit of the equation I asked you about :
 All the stars = Jesus resurrected ... ..... Snow in Antarctica = Hilary climbed Everest. Where's the connection?

floo

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Thank you.

You are not comparing like with like NM! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Thank you.

Who created all these?

This tells us God made all the stars - presumably using some sort of energy - but no mention of dark matter and still nothing to suggest the missing bit of the equation I asked you about :
 All the stars = Jesus resurrected ... ..... Snow in Antarctica = Hilary climbed Everest. Where's the connection?

Your not even trying now jjohnjil. If you cannot stretch your mind around such a profound and wonderful understanding which brings the Holy Bible into the highest scientific dimension without ridicule then you will have a hard job convincing Almighty God that you can comply with a few simple laws that will ensure your salvation, resurrection and everlasting life...but I can only try and show you that an old teaching is in fact far ahead of modern science.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Thank you.

You are not comparing like with like NM! ::)

Reading the Holy Bible and allowing its righteous messages to come alive is the only way forward here Floo. The stuff that stars are made of is the same stuff that you and I are made of so an expert in this knowledge might also be an expert in science, in resurrection and an expert in everlasting life. A one and only son of God might just fit that profile.

floo

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2015, 11:57:11 AM »
Goodness knows how you make that out NM?

Outrider

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »
Reading the Holy Bible and allowing its righteous messages to come alive is the only way forward here Floo. The stuff that stars are made of is the same stuff that you and I are made of so an expert in this knowledge might also be an expert in science, in resurrection and an expert in everlasting life. A one and only son of God might just fit that profile.

They might. All you need do now is back that 'hypothesis' with some sort of evidence that there is an 'expert in this knowledge' somewhere and that the New or Old Testaments are in some way a distillation of that knowledge.

You've got a lovely idea, and absolutely no reason for anyone to think it's anything more than just a nice idea.

O.

jjohnjil

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »
Outrider:

Hi Nick

Please explain.

Thank you.

Who created all these?

Your not even trying now jjohnjil. If you cannot stretch your mind around such a profound and wonderful understanding which brings the Holy Bible into the highest scientific dimension without ridicule then you will have a hard job convincing Almighty God that you can comply with a few simple laws that will ensure your salvation, resurrection and everlasting life...but I can only try and show you that an old teaching is in fact far ahead of modern science.

Why is it ridicule, Nick, I am trying to understand how you say X therefore Y.  If neither X or Y are in any way related, how do you square the circle.  As Outrider says, you have a lovely idea and good intentions but if you're going to convince anyone that you are talking sensibly you have to explain your workings and therefore how you get from X to Y.

Nick, I have read your posts for many years, other than your recent break, but so far you have never got beyond asserting this dynamic energy, as though it actually means something.  When you are asked to explain it in understandable language you say it's ridicule.  This can only mean it's just words and you have never thought it through with any sort of critical thinking.

Before repeating it all again, Nick, think about it and see if you can make it sound like something that those you are trying to convince would see real logic in it.

floo

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »
NM's 'logic' appears to be at odds with the logic of others! 

Samuel

• geology rocks
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »

...qualified masseur hands...

You lucky devil
A lot of people don't believe that the loch ness monster exists. Now, I don't know anything about zooology, biology, geology, herpetology, evolutionary theory, evolutionary biology, marine biology, cryptozoology, palaeontology or archaeology... but I think... what if a dinosaur got into the lake?

Outrider

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »

...qualified masseur hands...

You lucky devil

I can heartily recommend that everyone find out where their local Health and Beauty students study, and book themselves in: the students need to practice on members of the public, and you get decent quality massage (and other treatments) at bargain prices. Support people in their learning and benefit yourself - everyone's a winner :)

Unfortunately for me, in the longer term, Mrs O. forwent that direction of study and is now in the last year of a degree in Maths and Statistics with an eye to being a teacher... but it was good while it lasted :)

O.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
Floo, jjohnjil, Outrider:

It's not my lovely idea it is Jesus Christ's or rather his father's who is looking at the overall picture a little differently than we do. He sees all the pain and suffering and has worked out how he is going to deal with it. Reading Revelation and all the other clues interspersed throughout the Holy Bible he is going to allow this planet to tip into absolute chaos caused by the total mismanagement that is now dominating it but those who grasp the 'science of righteousness' before it does will have the chance of resurrection and everlasting life afterwards when it all settles down...It is up to you to decide if this is preferable to the alternative...no pressure.

floo

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2015, 01:59:53 PM »
Floo, jjohnjil, Outrider:

It's not my lovely idea it is Jesus Christ's or rather his father's who is looking at the overall picture a little differently than we do. He sees all the pain and suffering and has worked out how he is going to deal with it. Reading Revelation and all the other clues interspersed throughout the Holy Bible he is going to allow this planet to tip into absolute chaos caused by the total mismanagement that is now dominating it but those who grasp the 'science of righteousness' before it does will have the chance of resurrection and everlasting life afterwards when it all settles down...It is up to you to decide if this is preferable to the alternative...no pressure.

NM you have no evidence to support your statement, the Bible isn't evidence. Revelation is a crazy book which appears to have been written by a guy high as a kite on a substance abuse trip!

Outrider

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2015, 02:02:01 PM »
It's not my lovely idea it is Jesus Christ's or rather his father's who is looking at the overall picture a little differently than we do.

Maybe that's the case, but you seem to think that you understand it. You claim that it's science, I don't recall seeing that claim in the scriptures, so that's not Jesus or God making that claim, that's wholly on you, and you have to justify that.

He sees all the pain and suffering and has worked out how he is going to deal with it.

Yet not all of his lessons will lead to a reduction of suffering and pain. Loving our neighbour, charity, good-will, these are all fine lessons, just as they were fine lessons when they were espoused by all the other people that have suggested them. Accommodating slavery as the New Testament suggests will not reduce pain and suffering; misogyny will not reduce pain and suffering; homophobia will not reduce pain and suffering.

Reading Revelation and all the other clues interspersed throughout the Holy Bible he is going to allow this planet to tip into absolute chaos caused by the total mismanagement that is now dominating it but those who grasp the 'science of righteousness' before it does will have the chance of resurrection and everlasting life afterwards when it all settles down...

So this universal love is to be demonstrated by a trial by fire - only the most faithful survive. Not even the kindest, or the most giving, or the nicest, but those that most steadfastly hold to unjustified claims? That does not come across as the best possible plan from an all-loving, all-powerful being.

It is up to you to decide if this is preferable to the alternative...no pressure.

Actually, no. It's up to me to review your claims and point out that they make no sense. Unlike many other believers of various stripes who struggle with the problem of evil but maintain their faith, you appear to have no real grasp that it's a problem with your argument. It's been raised repeatedly here and you've ignored it or failed to appreciate that it's an argument: you do realise that the misogyny, slavery, racism and homophobia espoused by the New Testament as the will of your God are hateful and evil, right?

O.