Author Topic: I Am Not of This World (John 18:36)  (Read 12721 times)

NicholasMarks

I Am Not of This World (John 18:36)
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »
I Am Not of This World  (John 18:36)

Jesus is telling us here that he was from another world…Heaven…and ‘world’ always means a planet and so we can deduce that 2000 years ago Jesus was part of a knowledge base that knew how to travel through space…a knowledge that we are becoming only too aware of now.

It seems everyone has seen UFOs and are now taking them very seriously. A glance through YouTube will bring this home in no uncertain terms. Official bodies are exploring them and organising welcoming committees to sit down and exchange ideas with them. Even, as one internet source states, the pope will introduce Christianity to them. But here is the rub…They are obviously far more advanced than us, and, it seems, some are not as nice as others, so we need to be very careful.

It is foolish to think they would even deem to sit down with us and go through all the claptrap that we spin out to any we want to take advantage of. But, perhaps, they, or at least the highest authority that they represent, have already spoken to us in a timeless language. In a language that will echo through all eternity. In a language that reverberates around the thinking of many people, many nations, many languages and many kings. Perhaps the ‘little scroll’ of Revelation 10:11 is a reiteration of Jesus Christ’s life, death and resurrection, in a more modern and accurate context.

It makes sense to me. 

Outrider

Re: I Am Not of This World (John 18:36)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 10:44:16 AM »

Jesus is telling us here that he was from another world…Heaven…and ‘world’ always means a planet and so we can deduce that 2000 years ago Jesus was part of a knowledge base that knew how to travel through space…a knowledge that is becoming only too aware of now.

It seems everyone has seen UFOs and are now taking them very seriously. A glance through YouTube will bring this home in no uncertain terms. Official bodies are exploring them and organising welcoming committees to sit down and exchange ideas with them. Even, as one internet source states, the pope will introduce Christianity to them. But here is the rub…They are obviously far more advanced than us, and, it seems, some are not as nice as others, so we need to be very careful.

It is foolish to think they would even deem to sit down with us and go through all the claptrap that we spin out to any we want to take advantage of. But, perhaps, they, or at least the highest authority that they represent, have already spoken to us in a timeless language. In a language that will echo through all eternity. In a language that reverberates around the thinking of many people, many nations, many languages and many kings. Perhaps the ‘little scroll’ of Revelation 10:11 is a reiteration of Jesus Christ’s life, death and resurrection, in a more modern and accurate context.

It makes sense to me.

To quote one of the great philosophers: "Oh, good grief.."

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Shaker

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »
I couldn't agree more with the title of your OP, Nicky ;)
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »

Jesus is telling us here that he was from another world…Heaven…and ‘world’ always means a planet and so we can deduce that 2000 years ago Jesus was part of a knowledge base that knew how to travel through space…a knowledge that we are becoming only too aware of now.

It makes sense to me.

Christ is saying he is not of creation, he is not saying he is from another planet.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:01:02 PM by ad_orientem »
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

floo

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »
I couldn't agree more with the title of your OP, Nicky ;)

You got in first Shaker! ;D

ippy

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »
You got in first Shaker! ;D
Yer the rat.  :) :) ;D

What on Earth gets people so into this nonsense, it's so weird it's facinating.

ippy

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
Yer the rat.  :) :) ;D

What on Earth gets people so into this nonsense, it's so weird it's facinating.

ippy

There are plenty of things going on around here that are nonsensical!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 04:00:29 PM »

After your telling us some time ago that you approved of the JW's 'New World Translation', it would now appear that you're moving off to join the fundamentalist Mormons, Nicky. "The Pearl of Great Price" tells us that God (and Jesus) dwell out in space near a star called Kolob.
Spell that backwards and make it plural.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

floo

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 04:09:14 PM »
I can't make up my mind which way NM swings religion wise.

Outrider

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
I can't make up my mind which way NM swings religion wise.

I don't think he swings, I think he oscillates at a high frequency with barely suppressed dynamic energy...

O.

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

floo

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »
I don't think he swings, I think he oscillates at a high frequency with barely suppressed dynamic energy...

O.

;D

ippy

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »

O.

Would that be at the standard UK 50 bicycles, they have dynamicos?

ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
Floo. Shaker, Outrider, Dickie Underpants, Ad_Orientem, ippy:

Sorry about the delay...had to go out.

It certainly puts a new aspect on the raving and all the unpleasantness that a loving God and his much loved son has to endure from those who can't be bothered to look at their written word in the Holy Bible,      with any sincerity, doesn't it.

Remember, Almighty God is the Owner of the whole universe who has promised to return and administer a powerful Judgment upon us all and if we also take on board the immense power of these universal travellers then it seems well with in their grasp, never mind an all powerful God's.

I've said it before and I will say it again...best to follow the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 05:51:07 PM »
Why don't you try doing it then, you know, orthodoxy; not the Mormon, Scientologist, whatever crazy stuff you're writting here.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:32:00 AM by ad_orientem »
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »
Floo. Shaker, Outrider, Dicky Underpants, ad_orientem, ippy:

It certainly puts a new aspect on the raving and all the unpleasantness that a loving God and his much loved son has to endure from those who can't be bothered to look at their written word in the Holy Bible, with any sincerity, doesn't it???

Remember, Almighty God is the Owner of the whole universe who has promised to return and administer a powerful Judgment upon us all and if we also take on board the immense power of these universal travellers then it seems well with in their grasp, never mind an all powerful God's.

I've said it before and I will say it again...best to follow the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:57:16 PM by NicholasMarks »

floo

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »
Floo. Shaker, Outrider, Dickie Underpants, Ad_Orientem, ippy:

It certainly puts a new aspect on the raving and all the unpleasantness that a loving God and his much loved son has to endure from those who can't be bothered to look at their written word in the Holy Bible,      with any sincerity, doesn't it.

As I have said before, you have no idea if what Jesus is quoted as saying was actually said by him, and if so it wasn't all good or sensible, imo.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
 ;D Just for floo  :o        I've said it before and I will say it again...best to follow the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.So says Nick.

;D~TW~ ;)
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

floo

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
;D Just for floo  :o        I've said it before and I will say it again...best to follow the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.So says Nick.

;D~TW~ ;)

Blimey, if both of you are singing from the same hymn sheet I KNOW my view on the topic must be the correct one! ;D

Jack Knave

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »

It makes sense to me.
Well, you aren't of this world NM!!!

St. John ate the little scroll and it didn't agree with him!!! ;D

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
Blimey, if both of you are singing from the same hymn sheet I KNOW my view on the topic must be the correct one! ;D

An interesting answer but wrong again,Nick is correct you need Jesus but not the one he has.
~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Bubbles

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »
I don't see there is much difference between believing God is outside time altogether and believing Jesus ( if you believe he was God) wasn't from this planet.

One is just claiming his origins are just a bit further away.

Perhaps I missed something!

;D

Bubbles

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 11:20:03 PM »

It makes sense to me.

It doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid 🌹

UFO's just means unidentified flying objects.

Have you been reading Erich von Däniken? Or something?

Outrider

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 11:24:52 PM »
Floo. Shaker, Outrider, Dicky Underpants, ad_orientem, ippy:

No problem - every now and then I find that I've contracted a life and have to pop off to do other things :)

I remember you asserting something along these lines. I remember it being challenged as an assertion. I must have missed the bit where you supplied any sort of rationalisations for why I might want to accept this notion as valid.

You keep saying. You keep failing to explain any basis for accepting these claims rather then equally unvalidated claims of, say, Islam or Scientology or Hinduism.

Tolkien created a fairly robust and internally consistent cosmology, but I have no reason to think that I can sail away to join Bilbo and Elrond in the Grey Havens, why should I accept your perfectly well-constructed theology as any more real?

O.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:22 AM »
Tolkien created a fairly robust and internally consistent cosmology, but I have no reason to think that I can sail away to join Bilbo and Elrond in the Grey Havens, why should I accept your perfectly well-constructed theology as any more real?

Ahem! They did not sail to the Grey Havens, they sailed from the Grey Havens!

(Yes, I know, I'm a LOTR geek)

Outrider

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
Ahem! They did not sail to the Grey Havens, they sailed from the Grey Havens!

(Yes, I know, I'm a LOTR geek)

+1 pedant points for A_O :)

O.