Author Topic: The Sun Will Be Darkened  (Read 20096 times)

ippy

Re: The Sun Will Be Darkened
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
Its not even a literalist approach, Floo.  If it was, he would at least be taking the context into account to some degree - which his OP markedly fails to do.

All of this was predicted in an early edition of Star Trek, so I wouldn't think it's a good idea to not take NM seriously; can't remember whether it was Jim or Spock that spoke about it? Or was it Scottie? I think Mr Sulu was on leave?

ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
ippy, Hope, Sebastian Toe, On stage before it wore off, Rose, Outrider, Floo, Spud, bluehillside:

Gravity works the way I describe because it is the result of two distinct and separate dimensions that mass distorts. You can't distort empty space so we must look for the property that is being distorted. It is certainly invisible, it is without doubt superabundant and other than the need to implode it is hardly detectable...Put all this together and we get a force that is able to be manipulated and the first man to walk on water claims the prize for being the most advanced among us...and that was/is Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:45:19 AM by NicholasMarks »

Outrider

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
Gravity works the way I describe because it is the result of two distinct and separate dimensions that mass distorts.

Better. Which 'dimensions' - gravity, according to the current understanding, distorts four dimension as a result of the interactions of fundamental particles with the background Higgs field, why would you think only two of these dimensions were involved? Which two - the simple fact that the Earth is a three-dimensional object and no-one falls off of the side that isn't covered by your interaction suggests a short-fall in your theory.

You can't distort empty space so we must look for the property that is being distorted.

Actually, it's been adequately demonstrated that gravity distorts empty space - that's why satellites don't fly away, it's why  the planets orbit the sun, it's why the sun orbits the galactic core...

It is certainly invisible, it is without doubt superabundant and other than the need to implode it is hardly detectable...Put all this together and we get a force that is able to be manipulated and the first man to walk on water claims the prize for being the most advanced among us...and that was/is Jesus Christ.

Given that your predicates are all somewhere in the range between 'wrong' and 'not even wrong', I'm afraid I have to reject your conclusion. You're welcome to distribute to others in the scientific community - that's the point of peer review - but I suspect you'd get a similar response if you got one at all.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

floo

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »
ippy, Hope, Sebastian Toe, On stage before it wore off, Rose, Outrider, Floo, Spud, bluehillside:

Gravity works the way I describe because it is the result of two distinct and separate dimensions that mass distorts. You can't distort empty space so we must look for the property that is being distorted. It is certainly invisible, it is without doubt superabundant and other than the need to implode it is hardly detectable...Put all this together and we get a force that is able to be manipulated and the first man to walk on water claims the prize for being the most advanced among us...and that was/is Jesus Christ.

Cloud cuckoo land and then some!  ::) Blimey NM your imagination is so remarkable you could find yourself being featured in the Guinness book of records! ;D

NicholasMarks

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 12:34:56 PM »
Floo, Outrider:

The two dimensions I refer to are indisputable. One existed before the big-bang and is the background dimension that housed all the 'dark matter' (the static universe) that still exists today in the form of mass, energy and the second dimension which is the high-speed universe, triggered by the big-bang and which overlays the first dimension which still exists beneath it.

Now, regardless of all your insults and statements of rejection, you cannot alter the simple facts that Holy Bible...and in particular the Gospels...were written with a full knowledge of these facts and that the entire scientific network must take it into account to get to the true nature of the universe.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:37:21 PM by NicholasMarks »

floo

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »
Floo, Outrider:

The two dimensions I refer to are indisputable. One existed before the big-bang and is the background dimension that housed all the 'dark matter' that still exists today in the form of mass, energy and the second dimension which is the high-speed universe, triggered by the big-bang and which overlays the first dimension which still exists beneath it.

Now, regardless of all your insults and statements of rejection, you cannot alter the simple facts that Holy Bible...and in particular the Gospels...were written with a full knowledge of these facts and that the entire scientific network must take it into account to get to the true nature of the universe.

NM the people who wrote the documents making up the Bible so very long ago had NO knowledge of science and how the universe works. To state as fact they did, is a porky! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 01:09:10 PM »
NM the people who wrote the documents making up the Bible so very long ago had NO knowledge of science and how the universe works. To state as fact they did, is a porky! ::)

I do of course mean the author of the Holy Bible and not the scribes who had the full knowledge of how the universe works...Sorry if I didn't make that clear...but a Bible student would have realised that.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
Cloud cuckoo land and then some!  ::) Blimey NM your imagination is so remarkable you could find yourself being featured in the Guinness book of records! ;D

It's almost as bad as people seeing visions. isn't it!    :)
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

floo

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »
I do of course mean the author of the Holy Bible and not the scribes who had the full knowledge of how the universe works...Sorry if I didn't make that clear...but a Bible student would have realised that.

There were many authors of the documents making up the Bible! 

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2015, 05:29:16 PM »
Put all this together and we get a force that is able to be manipulated and the first man to walk on water claims the prize for being the most advanced among us...and that was/is Jesus Christ.
NM, for one thing, Jesus did not claim to be purely man, so that half of your argument is somewhat redundant.  As for the rest, what's your point?
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Outrider

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
The two dimensions I refer to are indisputable. One existed before the big-bang and is the background dimension that housed all the 'dark matter' (the static universe) that still exists today in the form of mass, energy and the second dimension which is the high-speed universe, triggered by the big-bang and which overlays the first dimension which still exists beneath it.

I think you're confusing the scientific use of 'dimensions' with the Marvel Comics use of it, which is more akin to universes. Given that all the available evidence suggests that time, as we understand it, is a facet of this universe in particular, what sense can anyone make of the concept of the other universe being 'faster'? How can things have a greater rate of change of a given quality with respect to a time that doesn't exist there?

Yes I can, watch: I reject the idea that the Bible was written with any significant input (most likely any input at all) from anyone with a grasp of the full knowledge of the facts of any sort of extra-universal physics. See, easy.

It would be harder to reject it if you actually made a guess rather than firing off pseudoscience like a sniper using bollocks for ammunition*.

O.

*copyright of Mr Tim Minchin, I believe...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »
Probably about as big a porky as you have made, Floo.  The basic elements of cosmology (ie the fact that the earth orbits around the sun) and of science - such as the concept behind gravity, were likely known to humanity.  They may well not have referred to such things by the names we use now, but that isn't to say that their existence wasn't appreciated practically.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Shaker

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »
Probably about as big a porky as you have made, Floo.  The basic elements of cosmology (ie the fact that the earth orbits around the sun) and of science - such as the concept behind gravity, were likely known to humanity.
You make this claim on what basis, exactly? Where does this 'likely' come from? You must have had a reason for choosing that word - what is it?
They may well not have referred to such things by the names we use now, but that isn't to say that their existence wasn't appreciated practically.
Bloody Nora, even this is a poorly-disguised appeal to ignorance :;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:46:10 PM by Shaker »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »
Shaker, Hope, Outrider, Floo, BashfulAnthony:

I suppose that one of the things I am saying here is that Jesus Christ taught us about a free energy that is owned by his father and which we could participate in if we followed their rules...in a nutshell...Jesus' laws of righteousness.

Modern science is now saying that there is a zero point energy that is so abundant and is so in our midst that it could resolve all our energy needs. It is clearly an energy that exists because of the clashes between the two dimension I have been telling you about and the evidence is contained within every star, every atom, every galaxy and every item of life...we have just got to come to terms with it...and that is best served by following the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ before the forces that give us zero point energy slip the orbital moorings that are holding planet Earth in its current orbit and, in the process, stop all those who are building their greedy piles in their tracks, giving some of  those alien observers who are waiting with anticipation, a good laugh at our expense...and where resurrection will come into its own.

This isn't what Almighty God or Jesus Christ want but we must face the facts and make alterations in our life styles to cater for the sciences that can either help us or cause our downfall.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:33:50 PM by NicholasMarks »

ippy

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2015, 09:13:38 PM »

I suppose that one of the things I am saying here is that Jesus Christ taught us about a free energy that is owned by his father and which we could participate in if we followed their rules...in a nutshell...Jesus' laws of righteousness.

Modern science is now saying that there is a zero point energy that is so abundant and is so in our midst that it could resolve all our energy needs. It is clearly an energy that exists because of the clashes between the two dimension I have been telling you about and the evidence is contained within every star, every atom, every galaxy and every item of life...we have just got to come to terms with it...and that is best served by following the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ before the forces that give us zero point energy slip the orbital moorings that are holding planet Earth in its current orbit and, in the process, stop all those who are building their greedy piles in their tracks, giving some of  those alien observers who are waiting with anticipation, a good laugh at our expense...and where resurrection will come into its own.

This isn't what Almighty God or Jesus Christ want but we must face the facts and make alterations in our life styles to cater for the sciences that can either help us or cause our downfall.

I couldn't help noticing NM you're telling us , Jesus taught us, something neither you nor anyone else knows that this Jesus taught us anything, all you are doing when you say this is you're making an assertion that this Jesus of yours was teaching us.

There is no way you can prove this Jesus of yours taught us anything and dont forget when you assert something, another assertion can't be used as viable evidence that would in any way support the original assertion, I don't know why but this is something you can't seem to get a handle on.

So remember you to date haven't proved that you know if your Jesus taught anyone about anything but don't let that worry you NM nobody else has either, ever.

ippy

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »

It has nothing to do with a 'free energy' NM.  It is all about being truly human.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »
I couldn't help noticing NM you're telling us , Jesus taught us, something neither you nor anyone else knows that this Jesus taught us anything, all you are doing when you say this is you're making an assertion that this Jesus of yours was teaching us.

There is no way you can prove this Jesus of yours taught us anything and dont forget when you assert something, another assertion can't be used as viable evidence that would in any way support the original assertion, I don't know why but this is something you can't seem to get a handle on.

So remember you to date haven't proved that you know if your Jesus taught anyone about anything but don't let that worry you NM nobody else has either, ever.

ippy
I think you may have slipped into your own error, ippy, by asserting that no-one knows what 'this Jesus taught us'.  Do you have any evidence for this assertion?

ippy

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »
I think you may have slipped into your own error, ippy, by asserting that no-one knows what 'this Jesus taught us'.  Do you have any evidence for this assertion?

"Here We Go Again Happy As Can Be".

ippy

Shaker

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2015, 01:04:19 AM »
He loves asking others for evidence, ipster - but just you try asking for evidence for his claims and see how far you get ...
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

floo

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2015, 08:41:06 AM »
Probably about as big a porky as you have made, Floo.  The basic elements of cosmology (ie the fact that the earth orbits around the sun) and of science - such as the concept behind gravity, were likely known to humanity.  They may well not have referred to such things by the names we use now, but that isn't to say that their existence wasn't appreciated practically.

I thought it was Isaac Newton who discovered gravity?

floo

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2015, 08:45:55 AM »

So the deity and Jesus are in communication with you, and tell you exactly what their thoughts are? How do they communicate, mobile phone, computer, Facebook, Twitter? ::) 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:14:19 AM by Floo »

Outrider

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »

Your first problem is that you are just telling us, you aren't showing us any data to support your claim or any explanatory mechanisms that would give us reason to accept what you're saying. Your second problem is that you are claiming science regularly, but then using scientific terms like 'energy' out of context.

Modern science is now saying that there is a zero point energy that is so abundant and is so in our midst that it could resolve all our energy needs.

At the expense of generating hugely destructive anti-matter which would need to be controlled and somehow stored or neutralised, at an exactly equal energy cost to the creation.

It is clearly an energy that exists because of the clashes between the two dimension I have been telling you about and the evidence is contained within every star, every atom, every galaxy and every item of life...

Again, what evidence? You've made an assertion, but you haven't backed it up with anything except a misrepresentation of what dimensions are (a misrepresentation that you have repeated after having had it pointed out to you).

and that is best served by following the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ before the forces that give us zero point energy slip the orbital moorings that are holding planet Earth in its current orbit and, in the process, stop all those who are building their greedy piles in their tracks, giving some of  those alien observers who are waiting with anticipation, a good laugh at our expense...and where resurrection will come into its own.

How will people's behaviour - social and cultural activity - result in particle physics reactions? How will the division of zero-point potential into matter and anti-matter result in a gravitational shift outside of the Earth to effect orbital change?

If you have science, present science. If all you have is poetic accounts of why you think we should be nice to each other - a creditable sentiment - then own up to that.

O.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
Outrider, Floo, Shaker, ippy, Hope:

Everything I say is built on top of modern science so that every science beneath it is supported by it, but it also exposes the fact that the Holy Bible is brought to us from the same route as this unifying science which tells us how the universe came into existence, how atoms and atomic forces were born, how gravity works and how electromagnetism is the kicking force that is exposed when we jiggle around with these dimensional forces that hold the atomic particles together..i.e. the Higgs (imploding force) bosun.

So…via the Holy Bible and in particular the Gospels we are guided into this science via the most important aspect that it offers us. The emotional state of the human being…What drives it and how it can work without injury and how it can recover from injury to such an extent that everlasting life becomes possible…all achievable by the taking in of the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

So, where’s the argument??

floo

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
Outrider, Floo, Shaker, ippy, Hope:

Everything I say is built on top of modern science so that every science beneath it is supported by it, but it also exposes the fact that the Holy Bible is brought to us from the same route as this unifying science which tells us how the universe came into existence, how atoms and atomic forces were born, how gravity works and how electromagnetism is the kicking force that is exposed when we jiggle around with these dimensional forces that hold the atomic particles together..i.e. the Higgs (imploding force) bosun.

So…via the Holy Bible and in particular the Gospels we are guided into this science via the most important aspect that it offers us. The emotional state of the human being…What drives it and how it can work without injury and how it can recover from injury to such an extent that everlasting life becomes possible…all achievable by the taking in of the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

You have been asked before, what scientific qualifications do you have? I suspect most scientists would think you are talking gobbledegook, as you are equating the Bible with science, when many of the stories therein defy science, like the resurrection, as they are not credible!

Outrider

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »

How is that with no apparent understanding of conventional science you can suggest this? You obviously have no understanding of physics, of the scientific method or of the conventions of scientific communication and technical terminology. This isn't 'built upon science', it's built upon faith and assertion and is attempting to co-opt science's successes.

No, we aren't.

That's what we asked you to provide, and instead you just made more assertions. I can't argue anything you say here because you don't really say anything here.

O.