Author Topic: The Highest Jew  (Read 64553 times)

Shaker

Re: The Highest Jew
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »
Where will it be next time?
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
There is no "next time". If I ever came to the conclusion I was wrong then the only option left would be atheism.
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

Shaker

« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2015, 10:37:20 PM »
There is no "next time". If I ever came to the conclusion I was wrong then the only option left would be atheism.
Why? You don't strike me as the type to give up on the narrow, inflexible, dogmatic religions that tell you what to believe and how to think and what to eat and not to eat and when to do it or not do it, of which there are plenty more.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2015, 10:42:22 PM »
You really have no clue, do you!
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

Owlswing

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2015, 11:21:05 PM »
On the contrary, there can be no other way. If I didn't think Christianity was the one true way I simply wouldn't be a Christian and if I didn't think that the Orthodox Church was the one true Church I simply wouldn't be an Orthodox Christian. Only one can be right. If I didn't think that I'd be an atheist. It's the only coherent way. That you're so touchy betrays the insecurity of your own beliefs.

WRONG - it is your insistance that there is only oine way - your way - that shows the insecurity.

I am prepared to consider that I may be wrong and willing to accept, upon the return of one of either ours or yours from the other side to concede defeat - you are not, you are going to be the one who is going to suffer the pain of error not I as I can accept error as a possibilty, but only a possibility until that return.

Until then I am convinced that MY way is the right way but I do not try to convince everyone that I am the only right one as your arrogance and insecurity demand that you do.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Shaker

« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
You really have no clue, do you!
About what specifically? You didn't say.

Bubbles

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2015, 07:16:08 AM »

Why?

You haven't explored every philosophy of life and religion.

There might be something better, another way of looking at life.

Rhiannon

« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »
Eh? You'll need to explain that one. Unity isn't optional. The Church is Christ's body, the only ark of salvation. It cannot be divided.

Your focus is on something man-made to the point where you appear to have faith in man-made constructs above all else. That's idolatry - worshipping the created and not the creator.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2015, 10:10:50 AM »
Your focus is on something man-made to the point where you appear to have faith in man-made constructs above all else. That's idolatry - worshipping the created and not the creator.

The Church is not man-made. It is a divine institution, founded by our Lord himself.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
Why?

You haven't explored every philosophy of life and religion.

There might be something better, another way of looking at life.

Here is a better way of looking at life...through the eyes of Jesus Christ.

He knows that when we abandon his righteous teaching we look at things differently and many times our thinking is being directed by unhealthy forces. We only have to look at the power of advertising to know that we can be induced to believe anything and devious forces can ensure a luxurious life style by suppressing the Christian message.

So...what's in it for us to abandon evil and start living the way we should...well...the end to war would be nice but the best is the end to war inside our own flesh and blood...largely because there is a pair of glands secreted within our own bodies that yield a vital substance. Glands which are crushed out of existence at an early age...generally in our teen years though sometimes before and sometimes after...and when it is lost we begin to demolish our own inner reserves until that is gone as well.

Well...there is only one answer and that is to follow the science as accurately as possible and when we talk about science here we are talking about the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ...

...whilst I continue to track and explore this science, which is showing great potential, for those chosen to participate in it.

Rhiannon

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2015, 10:17:29 AM »
The Church is not man-made. It is a divine institution, founded by our Lord himself.

You're doing a good job of demonstrating the point.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »
You're doing a good job of demonstrating the point.

Demonstrating what? That the Church is a divine institution for our Lord and God, Jesus Christ, is both it's founder and head.

Rhiannon

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
Demonstrating what? That the Church is a divine institution for our Lord and God, Jesus Christ, is both it's founder and head.

That you are putting your faith in a very narrowly defined concept of 'the Church' rather than in God.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2015, 10:50:07 AM »
That you are putting your faith in a very narrowly defined concept of 'the Church' rather than in God.

Seeing as it is God who instituted the Church and who guides it...I don't understand your point. To trust the Church is to put faith in God.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2015, 11:02:47 AM »
Seeing as it is God who instituted the Church and who guides it...I don't understand your point. To trust the Church is to put faith in God.

Almighty God sent Jesus Christ and no church built upon any other teaching holds any authority except iniqutious authority issued by evil.

floo

« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »
Eh? You'll need to explain that one. Unity isn't optional. The Church is Christ's body, the only ark of salvation. It cannot be divided.

A statement without meaning!

floo

« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2015, 12:02:33 PM »
Almighty God sent Jesus Christ and no church built upon any other teaching holds any authority except iniqutious authority issued by evil.

You forgot the words 'accurate' and 'science'! :D

trippymonkey

« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2015, 12:10:37 PM »
A religious image is not an idol.

So what the H is then? Hindus use religious images in the same way Christians have Christ's image but NO THAT'S idol worship.

Come on - make your bloody minds up, PLEASE !?!?!?

Nick

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
So what the H is then? Hindus use religious images in the same way Christians have Christ's image but NO THAT'S idol worship.

Come on - make your bloody minds up, PLEASE !?!?!?

Nick

Pagans worship the image itself and that it what differentiates it from Christian veneration of sacred images. I would refer you to the seventh ecumenical council against the iconoclasts.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:41:27 PM by ad_orientem »

Rhiannon

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2015, 02:46:04 PM »
Pagans worship the image itself and that it what differentiates it from Christian veneration of sacred images. I would refer you to the seventh ecumenical council against the iconoclasts.

Can you tell me what images I worship?

Owlswing

« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2015, 04:58:12 PM »

Can you tell me what images I worship?

Me too please!

Or are you referring to the Sun and the Moon?

The things natural that are all around us?

The Wind, the rain, that sustain all life?

Ad_O - write a detailed description here on this Forum of the idol or idols that I will worship when, on the night of December 21, I celebrate the winter solstice, Yule.

Please advertise to all here just what a load of nothing that you really know, not guess, not invent, not create out of your book of rubbish, but what you actually KNOW about my beliefs!

Just so that you know - I will not be holding my breath waiting for your response and, when or if, you do post I will have a really good long laugh at your public demonstration of you pathetic ignorance!

And when you do you can deny anything you like but this is a fact:

I KNOW MORE, AND HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE, ABOUT PAGAN BELIEF AND PRACTICE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW FOR I AM THE ONE WHOSE PRACTICES THOSE BELIEFS
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2015, 05:01:56 PM »
Me too please!

Or are you referring to the Sun and the Moon?

The things natural that are all around us?

The Wind, the rain, that sustain all life?

Ad_O - write a detailed description here on this Forum of the idol or idols that I will worship when, on the night of December 21, I celebrate the winter solstice, Yule.

Please advertise to all here just what a load of nothing that you really know, not guess, not invent, not create out of your book of rubbish, but what you actually KNOW about my beliefs!

Just so that you know - I will not be holding my breath waiting for your response and, when or if, you do post I will have a really good long laugh at your public demonstration of you pathetic ignorance!

And when you do you can deny anything you like but this is a fact:

I KNOW MORE, AND HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE, ABOUT PAGAN BELIEF AND PRACTICE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW FOR I AM THE ONE WHOSE PRACTICES THOSE BELIEFS

Well, if you've forgotten so much, then obviously you need the practice!   :D :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:45:30 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
Nature worship is idol worship, for one worships the created thing rather than the creator.

Rhiannon

« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2015, 05:40:05 PM »
And you know that I worship nature how, exactly?

Owlswing

« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »
Well, if you've forgotten so much, then obviously you need the practice!   :D :D

I just knew you wouldn't be able to come up with a response that had anything worthwhile in it!

My comment was a statement to the effect that even if I had forgotten absolutely nothing about my beliefs I would still have forgotten more that you and Ad_o will ever KNOW instead of guess!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:57:10 PM by Owlswing »