Author Topic: Was Jesus gay?  (Read 69328 times)

Brownie

• Faith evolves
Re: Was Jesus gay?
« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »
Yes, I know.

I know you know, I promise I wasn't trying to teach you anything Maeght  :-[, merely thinking out loud.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Maeght

« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2016, 05:45:42 PM »
Okey dokey  :)

Sassy

« Reply #502 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:01 AM »
Venus is the closest I believe, because it's mass is similar.

http://www.universetoday.com/35565/gravity-on-other-planets/

It just has an atmosphere that is poisonous to life ( as far as we know)

:)

I have heard it said that not only is the moon important to life on Earth but Jupiter also is because many meteorites/meteors end up crashing into it instead of the earth.

So I can see why someone could think all these things were arranged just so  :)

Without the sun there would be no life on earth.  So the moon and sun important to life on earth.
Do you think if the earth in constant darkness that Photosynthesis could take place?
The sun gives life to our planet. I do believe that we are the only planet with our gravity and with the gases which enable life.
I feel the heavens do declare the Glory of God and one that cannot be taken away from him. :)
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #503 on: March 16, 2016, 07:33:52 AM »
I was put in mind of the following, a little light relief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ

Bubbles

« Reply #504 on: March 16, 2016, 07:34:12 AM »
Without the sun there would be no life on earth.  So the moon and sun important to life on earth.
Do you think if the earth in constant darkness that Photosynthesis could take place?
The sun gives life to our planet. I do believe that we are the only planet with our gravity and with the gases which enable life.
I feel the heavens do declare the Glory of God and one that cannot be taken away from him. :)

No, you are right, I don't think we could survive without the sun  :)

I think our planet is the only one in our solar system that has the right combination of factors to enable life to flourish as it does  :)

🌹

Sassy

« Reply #505 on: March 16, 2016, 07:34:54 AM »
It's good that you are trying to look into all this Sassy -so please do carry on. I wanted to ask though why you think the Big Bang would produce planets all the same though.
Read this:
(Phys.org) —The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.
The widely accepted age of the universe, as estimated by general relativity, is 13.8 billion years. In the beginning, everything in existence is thought to have occupied a single infinitely dense point, or singularity. Only after this point began to expand in a "Big Bang" did the universe officially begin.
Although the Big Bang singularity arises directly and unavoidably from the mathematics of general relativity, some scientists see it as problematic because the math can explain only what happened immediately after—not at or before—the singularity.
"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there," Ahmed Farag Ali at Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, both in Egypt, told Phys.org.
Ali and coauthor Saurya Das at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada, have shown in a paper published in Physics Letters B that the Big Bang singularity can be resolved by their new model in which the universe has no beginning and no end.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html#jCp

There is no beginning or end to the universe is there. God has no beginning or end. God has revealed the end from the beginning. A God with time or space who is infinite.

So in the beginning was the word and that word came from the mouth of God.
The same word every man should live by. A God whom they can find no beginning or end to.
A little like the universe and the world. In line with the true God which created it.

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Maeght

« Reply #506 on: March 16, 2016, 07:41:44 AM »
I've read that, but nothing I wasn't aware of. It doesn't answer my question though nor does it lead to the statement of your religious belief which followed. So, can i ask again why you think the Big Bang would lead to all planets being the same?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #507 on: March 16, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
I do believe that we are the only planet with our gravity and with the gases which enable life.

In our solar system or in our galaxy or in the universe?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #508 on: March 18, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »
In our solar system or in our galaxy or in the universe?

I feel the heavens do declare the Glory of God and one that cannot be taken away from him.

Isn't the earth orbiting sun in our solar system, the sun being one star of  the many stars in our (milkway) galaxy and one galaxy of the many galaxies in the universe?

If so then God created them all and so far no other life has been found anywhere else, has it?
So all three apply. Like trinity, it appears you need all three...

Stubb your toe, did you? It is early morning been up two hours so will check what I wrote later.

floo

« Reply #509 on: March 18, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »
Isn't the earth orbiting sun in our solar system, the sun being one star of  the many stars in our (milkway) galaxy and one galaxy of the many galaxies in the universe?

If so then God created them all and so far no other life has been found anywhere else, has it?
So all three apply. Like trinity, it appears you need all three...

Stubb your toe, did you? It is early morning been up two hours so will check what I wrote later.

That doesn't follow at all! ::)

As for life on other planets in this vast universe, just because we are in a relative infancy where space exploration is concerned, doesn't mean we won't discover other intelligent life forms one day.

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #510 on: March 18, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
Oh my, we have another believer in Klingons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2bjc6U0tjI

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #511 on: March 18, 2016, 04:03:10 PM »
I've never thought it was impossible for there to be life on another planet, nor did I think it was a 'non-Christian' idea to think so.  Is it?  Nobody ever told me that.

Maeght

« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2016, 04:14:38 PM »
Oh my, we have another believer in Klingons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2bjc6U0tjI

Is it impossible, in your view, that there is life anywhere else in the Universe?

floo

« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2016, 04:16:44 PM »
I think it would be incredible if there wasn't life somewhere out there, but this is far from the topic of the OP. I will start a thread on life on other planets.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:21:52 PM by Floo »

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »
Well done, it's an interesting idea.
To tie in with the topic of this thread, what percentage of Klingons would be gay?

floo

« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2016, 04:53:19 PM »
Well done, it's an interesting idea.
To tie in with the topic of this thread, what percentage of Klingons would be gay?

At least 50% of them, for sure. ;D

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #516 on: March 18, 2016, 04:59:39 PM »

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2016, 05:21:52 PM »
There we have it!  Never watched Star Trek online so not seen that.

Sassy

« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »
There we have it!  Never watched Star Trek online so not seen that.

George Takei - Played  Zulu, is gay...   ;D

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2016, 09:43:01 AM »
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
Zulu

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Zulu-the-Most-Fearsome-Black-Warriors-79804.shtml#sgal_0

Sulu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Takei#/media/File:George_Takei_Sulu_Star_Trek.JPG

Can't you tell the difference Sass?
That explains sooo much!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I got the spelling off a site. I looked up George Takei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQrWHKP_9pw

Hence the reason I used the spelling.  Maybe you could have asked...

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2016, 02:17:15 PM »

George Takei - Played  Zulu, is gay...   ;D

Don't be silly, you are thinking of George Taco who played Napoleon Sulu
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:27:32 PM by jeremyp »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQrWHKP_9pw

Hence the reason I used the spelling.  Maybe you could have asked...

Maybe you could have checked?
... as I said....
That explains sooo much!

Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2016, 03:37:21 PM »
Don't be silly, you are thinking go George Taco who played Napoleon Sulu

No, No, No
it's the Zoo Loo that she means!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shricthism/2561436489
Albert Einstein

Maeght

« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »

Don't believe everything you fnd on the internet Sassy.