Author Topic: The 'Truth'  (Read 59563 times)

Shaker

Re: The 'Truth'
« Reply #500 on: May 13, 2016, 11:18:15 PM »
ME.
~TW~
But your opinion means nothing beyond your opinion.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #501 on: May 13, 2016, 11:19:15 PM »
to be fair, Brownie has done the same thing, it seems to be some thing some people who state they are Christian like to do
Well its social like isnt it who wants to be a pagan.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #502 on: May 13, 2016, 11:20:09 PM »
ME.
~TW~
Sorry to hear you are suffering from it, thoughts are with you.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #503 on: May 13, 2016, 11:21:57 PM »
Well its social like isnt it who wants to be a pagan.

~TW~
I am happy to buy you, or donate for you, an apostrophe. Shall we crowd fund for a good suuply?

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #504 on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:40 PM »
I am happy to buy you, or donate for you, an apostrophe. Shall we crowd fund for a good suuply?

I am working 18 keyboards at the same time this key board is older then you so it does well.Anyway must go a early prayer meeting tomorrow to thank God for an amazing answer to prayer in fact nigh on a miracle so must go now.

So to all members of the doom laden club goodnight and thanks to Shaker for 7000 years I just love it you could not make it up.  :) ;) :D ;D Good night.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #505 on: May 14, 2016, 01:09:29 AM »
I just love it you could not make it up. 

~TW~
Well, you do, all the time!  ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #506 on: May 14, 2016, 03:21:52 AM »
Brownie a Christian please dont be silly.
~TW~

I don't know why you have said that TW.  I could easily say the same about you, in fact I have doubted your Christianity because you are often so cryptic, and nasty.  Well, if you are talking about me you are leaving someone else alone so I suppose it doesn't matter too much.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:36:20 AM by Brownie »
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Sassy

« Reply #507 on: May 14, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »
Sass, show us that Jesus really said what he is supposed to have said first. Whether it is 'true' or not comes later.
Truth is if you obey Christ you can find out if his words are true. If he really is the Son of God.
In truth, you don't want to know. Which is totally different for not being able to believe.

As I said... if you obey Christ you can find out if his words are true.

In doing that you will see if Christ said what he said...first..

I am not Christ, I never said those words he did. So it is he whose words you have to obey because it is not about believing me it is about believing him. So either you do as he has told you or admit you just don't want to believe. Jesus told you he was the way, not following us but following him. Ask him to show you the way. Truth is like everything else you choose what you believe.
If sincere you would simply ask Christ to show you and follow him and his words.

Now don't ask things which are not the way of Christ or what he has taught. Obey his words and teachings and you will know if they come from him or God through him. Simple but so far you have displayed only ignorance and lack of wanting or searching for real truth.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #508 on: May 14, 2016, 08:09:27 AM »
You cannot deny basic logical fallacies and then tell people they are being illogical. That is blatant hypocrisy (which makes your god very cross, so I understand).

You have to show that Christ words are basic logical fallacies or shut up.

The blatant hypocrisy in the face of creation is just the same as the basic illogical fallacies you cal logical.

You see Stranger the facts are we exist and in this world no matter what scientist do they cannot create life forms we already have from any of the things/cells elsewhere on the planet. No evolution because we never change. We have had Elephants for thousands of years and they still look the same. We have different breeds of Elephants and some died out.
Same with all the animals but we never and never will find anything new by way of creature evolving.

THINK... Man has never changed for thousands of years. If crops did not exist and fruit trees/bushes we would have died.
The first man and woman had to be created. illogical to believe a bunch of cells which don't exist now created a man and woman from nothing on this planet.

I'll try once more: you demanded that I "PROVE GOD DOES NOT EXIST" - this is a logical fallacy.

Give the above, we see that it is not a fallacy....

Because there is nothing else that would explain our existence.
A fallacy is the use of invalid or otherwise faulty reasoning, or "wrong moves" in the construction of an argument. A fallacious argument may be deceptive by appearing to be better than it really is.

In the case of the evidence it is the only logical truth and therefore NO fallacy by definition looking at the evidence which
shows the earth had to be created.

It is easy to see that it is a fallacy by comparison; I can claim that the universe was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure and we should all live in fear of the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief.

You are deceiving yourself and fooling only yourself if that is what you think you can compare belief in God to.
It is clear that you are the men who sold the emperor his new clothes. You think you can trick people into believing something
totally illogical. Instead of using the pride and ignorance of others to deceive them, you are simply deceiving yourself.
Lack of honesty is why you write the above. Pride as well, because the truth is you have no logical reason for not believing in God you would rather dishonestly pretend a logical fallacy exist. Because so and so said it.
Where as the bible is clear... you only have to obey Gods word to find out if it is Gods word.

See what I mean... too afraid to really do what it takes to find the truth...
Now: PROVE THE GREAT GREEN ARKLESEIZURE DOES NOT EXIST!

I just did.... he has nothing to support his existence in existence.

We have the Jews, The tribes of Israel, Israel itself, Jesus Christ and millions and billions of followers.

You see logically our God shows himself why he exists... Your god done anything at all..thought not.
Back to the drawing board. Truth alway outways your illogical pattern of thinking.
That which is true cannot be replace with the false can it?
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #509 on: May 14, 2016, 08:11:32 AM »
As English is to you. Rational thought likewise.
Oh how Shaker has fallen....

Put a sock in it... I am sure the devil sent you to bore us.
But it is a good thing we have patience whatever language it is written in....

floo

« Reply #510 on: May 14, 2016, 08:13:41 AM »
As I said... if you obey Christ you can find out if his words are true.

In doing that you will see if Christ said what he said...first..

I am not Christ, I never said those words he did. So it is he whose words you have to obey because it is not about believing me it is about believing him. So either you do as he has told you or admit you just don't want to believe. Jesus told you he was the way, not following us but following him. Ask him to show you the way. Truth is like everything else you choose what you believe.
If sincere you would simply ask Christ to show you and follow him and his words.

Now don't ask things which are not the way of Christ or what he has taught. Obey his words and teachings and you will know if they come from him or God through him. Simple but so far you have displayed only ignorance and lack of wanting or searching for real truth.

I bet Jesus is really grateful to your for your posts on his behalf, NOT! With chums like you, who needs enemies?

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #511 on: May 14, 2016, 08:15:02 AM »
I don't know why you have said that TW.  I could easily say the same about you, in fact I have doubted your Christianity because you are often so cryptic, and nasty.  Well, if you are talking about me you are leaving someone else alone so I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

Good Could you point me to the post where you have defended your Lord.???????????????????????????
~TW~

floo

« Reply #512 on: May 14, 2016, 08:17:01 AM »
Good Could you point me to the post where you have defended your Lord.???????????????????????????
~TW~

I bet Jesus could do without your defence of him that is for sure. Words without deeds are meaningless, what do you do to help others in a practical way?

Sassy

« Reply #513 on: May 14, 2016, 08:18:07 AM »
A lot of people come onto this forum as 'guests', possibly interested in seeing if religion has anything to offer them.  One can only guess how they react towards the posts of TW and Sass who claim to be Christians, but spend their posting time dissing others. I know for a fact that one member, who joined for a short time, was completely disgusted by the sort of behaviour displayed by those two, and that of several other Christian posters who no longer favour us with their presence. Two other people of my acquaintance, didn't even bother to join the forum having viewed it as guests!

Just supposing a god does exist and is half way decent, I doubt it approves of its followers dragging the faith through the mire and bringing it into disrepute. "Depart from me for I never knew you", might be a phrase directed at them one day.

Actually people left because of the atheists and people like you. Including the Moderators.
But this thread is about Truth not the forum.
I have pms which show that the believers who left wished us well and even those banned who wrote before they were banned.
Do you often tell untruths. WE HERE ALL KNOW if such a thing had been true you would have taken great delight at the time to mention it. Oh and what is it you know which you hide about Keturah. If you keep secrets then tell untruths it will come back to bite you on the bum. But God is my witness that some people who left who were believers and people who were banned had sent me pms wishing me well.

I think you wanted to change the subject.  ::)

You are as bad as the others for INSULTING and stalking posters with insults and comments totally unfounded as you did in this post. Look in the mirror if you can see to remove your forest in your eye.

floo

« Reply #514 on: May 14, 2016, 08:21:27 AM »
Sass, I am entitled to challenge your posts, just as you are entitled to challenge mine.

However, I believe I must be doing something right if you and your clone, TW, disagree with my POV. The day you both agree with me, is the day I should be seriously worried, LOL!

Sassy

« Reply #515 on: May 14, 2016, 08:25:40 AM »
Then he would be praying to mammon rather than God according to Jesus....
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

Truth is God provides the needs. If he needed the money he would not have to ask for lottery numbers God would provide it.

Matthew 17:24-27.

Matthew 17:24-27King James Version (KJV)

24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

So in life we need many things and as Christ has shown us the money is provided. This time for Christ a fish brought the coins up from the sea to them.

My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in Glory through Christ Jesus our Lord.

A promise of provision and promise that all needs will be met.

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.

What good does it do a man if he gain the whole world and yet loseth his own soul.

Prosperity has always come to the Jews and believers. But in truth they love God more than money.

TW was being put to the test... the person/s showed they have no understanding of God or his words and the believers.

Useless arguments in the face of the known truth,

Sassy

« Reply #516 on: May 14, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
floo:  "TW and Sass who claim to be Christians..."

I know Sass is a Christian but am not sure about TW whose remarks are sometimes so outre.  Makes life interesting!

Inviting people to join a forum is something I no longer do.  Going back several years, which you will remember floo, I invited someone from the old BBC forum to join the original Premier forum (which you invited me to join).  I thought he would find it more his sort of thing than the BBC as practically everyone was a Christian.  I don't want to name names but he was the person whose name began with J, he preached and posted in capital letters!  He lasted a very short while before being banned and seems to have disappeared' I've never invited anyone again, to the best of my memory.

This is quite a good forum imo, something for everyone.

I was a member of Premier and posted with Floo. Not once in all those years did she cotton on to the fact she was talking to me. I know you knew who I was but Floo never did catch on. That was because she was not wearing her prejudice goggles as she did not know it was I.

The forum closed and I think that was sad especially when it was so liked by all. Some good discussions.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #517 on: May 14, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »
Yes it was good on there but there was a Premier forum before that one, way back, maybe thirteen years ago.  Floo and I were members of that.  It closed after a year or so. 
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #518 on: May 14, 2016, 08:54:56 AM »
Sassy, you are so gloriously free of any hint of reasoning or logic - I know it's pointless trying to tell you but here we go, for a laugh...

You have to show that Christ words are basic logical fallacies or shut up.

Please try to concentrate. It is your words that form fallacies, sassy. I didn't mention this Christ character's words.

You see Stranger the facts are we exist and in this world no matter what scientist do they cannot create life forms we already have from any of the things/cells elsewhere on the planet. No evolution because we never change. We have had Elephants for thousands of years and they still look the same. We have different breeds of Elephants and some died out.
Same with all the animals but we never and never will find anything new by way of creature evolving.

THINK... Man has never changed for thousands of years. If crops did not exist and fruit trees/bushes we would have died.
The first man and woman had to be created. illogical to believe a bunch of cells which don't exist now created a man and woman from nothing on this planet.

If I've untangled this incoherent rant correctly, it's an argument from incredulity fallacy aimed at the theory of evolution (with a large helping of ignorance of said theory, thrown in for good measure).

Give the above, we see that it is not a fallacy....

Unfortunately you didn't even attempt to address the "PROVE GOD DOES NOT EXIST" argument from ignorance fallacy, you just added an argument from incredulity fallacy.

Because there is nothing else that would explain our existence.

This is just a different form of argument from ignorance. Even if it were true that we could think of no other explanation - that isn't actually and argument for one somebody made up without any evidence or arguments that positively support it. That's before we get to the fact that there are scientific theories, replete with evidence, for many aspects of how we came to be. There are also many, many other religious 'explanations' apart from your own favourite.

Additionally, of course, you have to face the fact that god doesn't actually explain anything because it could 'explain' anything. It is a conjecture without predictions; an unfalsifiable 'just so' story.

You are deceiving yourself and fooling only yourself if that is what you think you can compare belief in God to.
It is clear that you are the men who sold the emperor his new clothes. You think you can trick people into believing something
totally illogical. Instead of using the pride and ignorance of others to deceive them, you are simply deceiving yourself.
Lack of honesty is why you write the above.

By a staggering coincidence, that is pretty much my reaction to your stories about your god.

Pride as well, because the truth is you have no logical reason for not believing in God you would rather dishonestly pretend a logical fallacy exist. Because so and so said it.

I suggest you try to address the fallacies I have pointed out instead of adding to them and ranting. Perhaps you could get somebody to help you?
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Sassy

« Reply #519 on: May 14, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
Sass, I am entitled to challenge your posts, just as you are entitled to challenge mine.

However, I believe I must be doing something right if you and your clone, TW, disagree with my POV. The day you both agree with me, is the day I should be seriously worried, LOL!

And there ends the first lesson of how Floos reasoning is tragically flawed.

Any Christian would disagree with an atheists point of view on God and Christ.
If you cannot accept Christ you will never accept Christians or God. Simple really nothing you say contains truth full stop when it comes to Christians and Christ. Light and darkness do not mix and in this case you will always be the darkness.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #520 on: May 14, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »
Sassy, you are so gloriously free of any hint of reasoning or logic - I know it's pointless trying to tell you but here we go, for a laugh...

Please try to concentrate. It is your words that form fallacies, sassy. I didn't mention this Christ character's words.

If I've untangled this incoherent rant correctly, it's an argument from incredulity fallacy aimed at the theory of evolution (with a large helping of ignorance of said theory, thrown in for good measure).

Unfortunately you didn't even attempt to address the "PROVE GOD DOES NOT EXIST" argument from ignorance fallacy, you just added an argument from incredulity fallacy.

This is just a different form of argument from ignorance. Even if it were true that we could think of no other explanation - that isn't actually and argument for one somebody made up without any evidence or arguments that positively support it. That's before we get to the fact that there are scientific theories, replete with evidence, for many aspects of how we came to be. There are also many, many other religious 'explanations' apart from your own favourite.

Additionally, of course, you have to face the fact that god doesn't actually explain anything because it could 'explain' anything. It is a conjecture without predictions; an unfalsifiable 'just so' story.

By a staggering coincidence, that is pretty much my reaction to your stories about your god.

I suggest you try to address the fallacies I have pointed out instead of adding to them and ranting. Perhaps you could get somebody to help you?

Far to much in one post stranger that is your first mistake,secondly does god exist ,does yes DOES Jesus exist.Well a big question but over the years we have 2016 for a reason and as Shaker says the Jewish people have 7000 years so being as people say cryptic,then I go along with Sassy.And leave you with your home work.

~TW~

floo

« Reply #521 on: May 14, 2016, 09:07:27 AM »
Far to much in one post stranger that is your first mistake,secondly does god exist ,does yes DOES Jesus exist.Well a big question but over the years we have 2016 for a reason and as Shaker says the Jewish people have 7000 years so being as people say cryptic,then I go along with Sassy.And leave you with your home work.

~TW~

You believe god and Jesus are floating around somewhere in the ether, an opinion to which you are entitled. However, you are not entitled to state that assertion as a fact when you have no evidence to support it.

Sassy

« Reply #522 on: May 14, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
Yes it was good on there but there was a Premier forum before that one, way back, maybe thirteen years ago.  Floo and I were members of that.  It closed after a year or so.

I do remember when the new one set up you pm'd me to ask which person I was from the old site.
The new site didn't last long it has been some years since that closed.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #523 on: May 14, 2016, 09:16:13 AM »
You believe god and Jesus are floating around somewhere in the ether, an opinion to which you are entitled. However, you are not entitled to state that assertion as a fact when you have no evidence to support it.

I see so you  are against free speech as well you are a regular dictator.We cannot talk about God on a so called Christian Topic Board.

Gordon could you make a note of that comment from floo.
~TW~

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: May 14, 2016, 09:26:51 AM »
I see so you  are against free speech as well you are a regular dictator.We cannot talk about God on a so called Christian Topic Board.

Gordon could you make a note of that comment from floo.
~TW~

Moderator:

TW

If I require your assistance on Modding matters I'll be sure to ask, so perhaps you'd concentrate on your own posting.