Author Topic: Would the World be better off without religion  (Read 18948 times)

Sebastian Toe

Re: Would the World be better off without religion
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2016, 01:27:44 PM »

You claim not to know about it, but use it as an argument when replying to Leonard.
Explain how you made such a comparison.
Are you really going to make yourself look ridiculous and even worse making replies in ignorance being proved?

PS. Good luck with proving a negative....

Lets try this an baby steps to see if you can grasp anything, anything at all.
Please concentrate.

You claim not to know about it, but use it as an argument when replying to Leonard.

Two parts to this;

1. I claim not to know about the 'negative proof theory'.
You know that which YOU introduced to this thread in post #63 here;
Nah! Not even close. You see the negative proof theory......

(note that several other posters have since said that they also have no knowledge of the 'negative proof theory' (something which you have yet to explain) either, so not just me!)

2. I have not replied to Leonard on this thread - FACT.
(I replied to Hope, who was replying to Leonard and Hope does mention Len by name in his post, maybe that confused you - as you seem to be easily confused!)

Explain how you made such a comparison.

No need, as you were wrong, see above.

Are you really going to make yourself look ridiculous and even worse making replies in ignorance being proved?

I do believe that my reply is sufficient to show that YOU don't check your FACTS before replying and it is you who is showing yourself to be ridiculous by pursuing this matter.
However I shall let others be the judge of that.

PS. Good luck with proving a negative....

Which one?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Leonard James

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2016, 02:54:49 PM »
Lets try this an baby steps to see if you can grasp anything, anything at all.
Please concentrate.

Two parts to this;

1. I claim not to know about the 'negative proof theory'.
You know that which YOU introduced to this thread in post #63 here;
(note that several other posters have since said that they also have no knowledge of the 'negative proof theory' (something which you have yet to explain) either, so not just me!)

2. I have not replied to Leonard on this thread - FACT.
(I replied to Hope, who was replying to Leonard and Hope does mention Len by name in his post, maybe that confused you - as you seem to be easily confused!)

No need, as you were wrong, see above.

I do believe that my reply is sufficient to show that YOU don't check your FACTS before replying and it is you who is showing yourself to be ridiculous by pursuing this matter.
However I shall let others be the judge of that.

Which one?

Seb, whilst I respect your (and most other people's) views on here, you will get nowhere with Sass until you find a way of cleansing her mind of the nonsense about "God" which she regards as irrefutable facts.  :(

trippymonkey

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2016, 09:27:10 PM »
I'm afraid Sass's methodology is the infamous - 'LA LA LA I'm not listening'.

Best not to bother really ?!?!!? ;) ;) ::)

Nick

Sassy

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2016, 09:01:37 PM »
YAWN ZZZZZZZZ
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

trippymonkey

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2016, 10:48:30 PM »
As I said !!!!!!  :) ;) ::)

Sassy

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2016, 12:10:57 AM »
As I said !!!!!!  :) ;) ::)

Jesus Christ is the Son of God, prove he isn't to win your argument.

We will be waiting till the RETURN of Christ.

Guess what is coming? ::)
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2016, 02:20:05 AM »
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, prove he isn't to win your argument
Is this an example of your mysterious 'negative proof theory '?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

trippymonkey

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2016, 08:20:45 AM »
Sass must prove He IS, not us to prove Him NOT. SHE is the one making the claims & this is how she thinks she gets out of it ?!!?!?
Christians have been waiting for Christ for centuries & He's not arrived yet !!!! ;) ::)

Nick

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »

Tomorrow.  ::)
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2016, 08:53:32 AM »
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, prove he isn't to win your argument.

We will be waiting till the RETURN of Christ.

You have no evidence that is true, so to state it as a positive FACT, rather than a belief, is a porkie.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 08:55:38 AM »
You have no evidence that is true, so to state it as a positive FACT, rather than a belief, is a porkie.
Do you have any evidence for the primacy of science, Floo?  Remember that using science to prove itself is no different from using religion to prove itself.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

floo

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »
Do you have any evidence for the primacy of science, Floo?  Remember that using science to prove itself is no different from using religion to prove itself.

Science has more credibility because it doesn't take things at face value as religion appears to do!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:19:12 AM by Floo »

BeRational

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »

It works!

I see gullible people, everywhere!

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »
Then using one religion to prove itself is no different than using another religion to prove itself. But they can't all be correct though Hope, can they?
Albert Einstein

trippymonkey

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
I suppose it really depends on what each religion states.
As far as I know, Hinduism doesn't seem to have the arrogance of, say, Islam, in stating there's NO other faith acceptable to God - THEIR god anyway.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »
Science works, as demonstrated by your ability to post messages on a message board and have other people who are miles away see them.

That's all the evidence science needs.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2016, 11:24:28 AM »
As far as I know, Hinduism doesn't seem to have the arrogance of, say, Islam, in stating there's NO other faith acceptable to God - THEIR god anyway.
to paraphrase Religions don't state things, people do. Religions don't have anthropomorphic qualities and are observably not monolithic.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »
But it does require its adherents to follow the diktats of the various deities (all 3 million of them) at the risk of suffering horrendous consequences.  Hindu thought and adherence is fatalistic, which - as far as I am aware - neither Islam nor Judaism are, and Christianity certainly isn't.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2016, 01:20:02 PM »
Science works, as demonstrated by your ability to post messages on a message board and have other people who are miles away see them.

That's all the evidence science needs.
And the evidence that this is science and not merely the way in which God created the world to develop, is what?  Where is the independent evidence that doesn't use science to prove itself?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
And the evidence that this is science and not merely the way in which God created the world to develop, is what?  Where is the independent evidence that doesn't use science to prove itself?

The computer you type your posts at would be completely impossible without science. The fact of its existence is evidence that science works.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

floo

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2016, 01:38:40 PM »
Without the miracles of modern science we would be back in the dark ages. So many medical breakthroughs are thanks to science. Things which were deadly not that long ago can be cured now. Or would you prefer to rely on the hit and usually miss of prayer to get you well, Hope?

trippymonkey

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »
But it does require its adherents to follow the diktats of the various deities (all 3 million of them) at the risk of suffering horrendous consequences.  Hindu thought and adherence is fatalistic, which - as far as I am aware - neither Islam nor Judaism are, and Christianity certainly isn't.

What on earth have you read & do you know Hinduism is actually a collection of religious thought & certainly is NOT a monolith such as Islam etc ???

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2016, 09:39:02 PM »
What on eatth have you read & do you know Hinduism is actually a collection of religious thought & certainly is NOT a monolith such as Islam etc ???
Islam and etc aren't either

Sassy

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:49 PM »
Sass must prove He IS, not us to prove Him NOT. SHE is the one making the claims & this is how she thinks she gets out of it ?!!?!?
Christians have been waiting for Christ for centuries & He's not arrived yet !!!! ;) ::)

Nick

What the bible foretold did arrive... Jesus Christ.

What Christ foretold and the Prophets have been happening....

It is you who have not arrived at the truth yet! All excuses and huff and puff on your part.
You don't know the bible or the teachings of the Prophets just rubbish and boring repetition of what other atheists have taught you.
At least God and Christ are original...

john

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2016, 07:47:48 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zcnm82p#zct79qt

The poll now stands at 84% who think the world would be more peaceful without religion.

Just saying!!!!
"Try again. Fail again. Fail Better". Samuel Beckett