Author Topic: Where is god?  (Read 21739 times)

bluehillside Retd.

Re: Where is god?
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
Sparky,

I know because it is in the Gospels.

But how do you know that the Gospels are infallible rather than just some ancient folk tales? You seem to have a serious Messiah complex here - essentially anything you care to spout must be true because you've spouted it, rather than because it's supported by any sort of argument or evidence. It's all madder than a box of frogs, yet you expect others just to take your word for it. Why?

Incidentally, evolutionary theory does not posit our species "springing from the loins of a monkey" at all. Rather the evidence shows that we and monkeys share a common ancestor. If you want to critique something, you need to have at least a rudimentary understanding first of what it actually entails.   
"Don't make me come down there."

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2016, 09:57:17 AM »
Sparky,

It is the product of a very advanced authority because it tells us so.

Well that's a slum dunk then.

Did you know that Harry Potter can fly on a broomstick by the way? I know this because the HP books tell us so.

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2016, 10:01:10 AM »
You really need to do some reading into what evolutionary theory says based on that comment.

Evolution will be a valid science when we are in receipt of the wonderful electric forces that are involved. There is a terrific leap between righteous man and the monkey. Here is how it goes..planet Earth became void and all life lost but Almighty God wouldn't leave it that way. Knowing all the key elements were alreay within the planet he restarted it then reached into the dirt and took a hand full of dna already in the earth...doctored it and started a new era..a new beginning...you must read the Holy Bible.

ippy

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »
It is the product of a very advanced authority because it tells us so. Try reading it sometime ippy and read the very advanced and skillful way it is written. Also realise that the universe is a place that is made from a wonderful dynamic energy such as the stuff that science is just coming to terms with whilst the Bible student has known about for over4000 years.

Harry Potter is very skilfully written book that doesn't make it a factual book, try reading it sometime Nick and read the very advanced and skilful way it is written. Also realise that the universe is a place that is made from a wonderful dynamic energy such as the stuff that science is just coming to terms with whilst the Harry Potter book student has known about for over, does it really matter, it's still fiction even if it were to be 8000 years old.

You keep missing the point Nick, there's no proof this book of yours comes from where you think it does.

By the way Nick, thank goodness the dynamic energy's back.

ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »
Sparky,

But how do you know that the Gospels are infallible rather than just some ancient folk tales? You seem to have a serious Messiah complex here - essentially anything you care to spout must be true because you've spouted it, rather than because it's supported by any sort of argument or evidence. It's all madder than a box of frogs, yet you expect others just to take your word for it. Why?

Incidentally, evolutionary theory does not posit our species "springing from the loins of a monkey" at all. Rather the evidence shows that we and monkeys share a common ancestor. If you want to critique something, you need to have at least a rudimentary understanding first of what it actually entails.

It is a key principle of righteousness that Almighty God and Jesus Christ don"t lie and the profound things they tell us means that they are far superior to you and I. I's good to know that in these terrible times we are forewarned about them and told how to deal with it...and also to warn others so that they can repent...pig headedness isn't doing anyone any favours.

floo

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2016, 10:36:03 AM »
Funny or not...it's a key principle of Jesus Christ's teaching...he tells us that righteousness responds to our attitude towards his teaching and this allows us to reach Almighty God who is in Heaven The electric/spiritual universe works through such radio oscilations so why not in prayer.

What the heck is an electric/spiritual universe when it is at home? Blimey NM your imagination really is something else. :D

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2016, 10:36:47 AM »
Sparky,

It is a key principle of righteousness that Almighty God and Jesus Christ don"t lie and the profound things they tell us means that they are far superior to you and I. I's good to know that in these terrible times we are forewarned about them and told how to deal with it...and also to warn others so that they can repent...pig headedness isn't doing anyone any favours.

Then stop doing it. The question you were asked was about why you think the Gospels are infallible. Just telling us more of what they say ("Almighty God and Jesus Christ don"t lie" etc) is just evasion.

Again, regardless of what they happen to say, why do you think them to be infallible? 

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
I know because it is in the Gospels. Jesus says that when we pray we should find a quiet place out of ear shot...You really should read your Holy Bible, Seb.

Well here is the Bible talking about praying together.
James 5;
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »
ippy:/Floo/bluehillside:

You may have noticed that millions over many generations bave accepted the veracity in righteous teaching even iniquetous leaders have built it into there mode of manipulation in various forms...so to look aghast at someone who tells you things you should already know doesn't cut it with me. Your health, your life-style, your responsible attitude is finely tuned if we take Jesus seriously...the alternative sounds grim and it all seems to revolve around the fast approaching Nemesis solar system
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:01:26 AM by NicholasMarks »

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2016, 11:17:52 AM »
Sparky,

You may have noticed that millions over many generations have accepted the veracity in righteous teaching even iniquetous leaders have built it into there mode of manipulation in various forms...

Millions have accepted all sorts of "teachings" from all sorts of faith beliefs. What you're attempting here is a basic mistake in reasoning called the argumentum ad populum

...so to look aghast at someone who tells you things you should already know doesn't cut it with me.

What are you trying to say here? The question concerned why you think stories in a book to be infallible. Why do you keep avoiding it?

Your health, your life-style, your responsible attitude is finely tuned if we take Jesus seriously the alternative sounds grim...

That's called the argumentum ad conseqentiam - another basic failure of reasoning. That you don't like the consequences of something has nothing to do with whether or not it's true.

...and it all seems to revolve around the fast approaching Nemesis solar system

There is no such solar system, "fast approaching" or otherwise. It's just something you or someone you're daft enough to believe has made up.

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2016, 11:24:04 AM »
Well here is the Bible talking about praying together.
James 5;
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

A wonderful Biblical chapter and though it doesn't quite say what I have said on this matter it doesn't say that mass prayer is beneficial either especially those led by iniquity. But Jesus did say what I said and in all instances his accurate teaching is paramount.Meek and righteous prayer as Jesus taught us is essential if we want the tighteous strength he offers us from an indestructible force that can also build stars and atoms.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:26:26 AM by NicholasMarks »

floo

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2016, 11:34:37 AM »
ippy:/Floo/bluehillside:

You may have noticed that millions over many generations bave accepted the veracity in righteous teaching even iniquetous leaders have built it into there mode of manipulation in various forms...so to look aghast at someone who tells you things you should already know doesn't cut it with me. Your health, your life-style, your responsible attitude is finely tuned if we take Jesus seriously...the alternative sounds grim and it all seems to revolve around the fast approaching Nemesis solar system

At one time millions thought the world was flat! Just because a lot of people believe something to be true doesn't necessarily mean it is!

NicholasMarks

« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2016, 12:16:45 PM »
Sparky,

Millions have accepted all sorts of "teachings" from all sorts of faith beliefs. What you're attempting here is a basic mistake in reasoning called the argumentum ad populum

What are you trying to say here? The question concerned why you think stories in a book to be infallible. Why do you keep avoiding it?

That's called the argumentum ad conseqentiam - another basic failure of reasoning. That you don't like the consequences of something has nothing to do with whether or not it's true.

There is no such solar system, "fast approaching" or otherwise. It's just something you or someone you're daft enough to believe has made up.

My strength comes from the fact that Jesus Christ lived, died and was resurrected telling us special things about this universe and when put under the microscope and pitted against modern science we find that science comes a poor second. The mass in the universe must have followed one pattern and one pattern alone to give us what is here now and putting all this together in one understandable teaching requires much of that wonderful strength, exposed by those mechanics, and that Jesus guides us to.

Wormwood and associated stellar bodies are well taught about in Revelation and a strike by such a body is argued to be the reason that governments are building their own protection against it surreptitiously, and at great expense. The Holy Bible tells us to follow Jesus accurately and know that the same mechanics that saved him will also be at our disposal...either with your approval, bluehillside, or without it. 

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 12:20:32 PM by NicholasMarks »

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »
Sparky,

My strength comes from the fact that Jesus Christ lived, died and was resurrected telling us special things about this universe and when put under the microscope and pitted against modern science we find that science comes a poor second. The mass in the universe must have followed one pattern and one pattern alone to give us what is here now and putting all this together in one understandable teaching requires much of that wonderful strength, exposed by those mechanics, and that Jesus guides us to. Wormwood and associated stellar bodies are well taught about in Revelation and a strike by such a body is argued to be the reason that governments are building their own protection from it surreptitiously, and at great expense. The Holy Bible tells us to follow Jesus accurately and know that the same mechanics that saved him will also be at our disposal...either with your approval, bluehillside, or without it. 

That's nice for you. The question though (again) concerned why you think the book that contains these claims is infallible. Rather than just tell us more of what it says, why not finally at least attempt to answer the question?

Your entire position so far is, "because I Nicholas assert it to be so, it must therefore be so" with no effort at an argument or evidence of any kind to take you from assertion to fact. Does that not trouble you at all?

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »
At one time millions thought the world was flat! Just because a lot of people believe something to be true doesn't necessarily mean it is!

Your right on the money there Floo. But not everyone lived, died, and was resurrected telling you about it. Now...the enormous following Jesus has had must scientifically have reasoning behind it just as the many other teachings. They can take over the minds of people and are often the result of demands from an iniquitous priesthood...but you will notice there is no such demand from the accurate word of Jesus Christ...you are free to believe or not believe...but it is definitely to our advantage if we follow his teaching accurately because he is the chief scientific officer over all universal mechanics.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »
A wonderful Biblical chapter and though it doesn't quite say what I have said on this matter it doesn't say that mass prayer is beneficial either especially those led by iniquity.
But Nick, it also does not say that it is not beneficial, does it?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
Sparky,

Your right on the money there Floo. But not everyone lived, died, and was resurrected telling you about it. Now...the enormous following Jesus has had must scientifically have reasoning behind it just as the many other teachings. They can take over the minds of people and are often the result of demands from an iniquitous priesthood...but you will notice there is no such demand from the accurate word of Jesus Christ...you are free to believe or not believe...but it is definitely to our advantage if we follow his teaching accurately because he is the chief scientific officer over all universal mechanics.

Why must it, and do you think the same about the millions who have believed in different gods entirely?

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2016, 12:45:39 PM »
Sparky,

That's nice for you. The question though (again) concerned why you think the book that contains these claims is infallible. Rather than just tell us more of what it says, why not finally at least attempt to answer the question?

Your entire position so far is, "because I Nicholas assert it to be so, it must therefore be so" with no effort at an argument or evidence of any kind to take you from assertion to fact. Does that not trouble you at all?

If my strength comes from a science that is built upon truth, righteousness and honesty as delivered to us by Jesus Christ then I would suggest that my enthusiasm and belief is all you really need to believe in a teaching that millions have also found great truth in and circular argument has no place in the teaching by 'the light of the world'.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
Sparky,

Why must it, and do you think the same about the millions who have believed in different gods entirely?

More circular argument bluehillside...anything but accept that a higher authority that has your best interests at heart wants to save you from your own insistence that you want to fry in Wormwood.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »
It is a key principle of righteousness that Almighty God and Jesus Christ don"t lie
But how do you know that - I would assume because you believe they told you so.

In which case how do you tell the difference between someone who doesn't lie and someone who does lie, and one of the lies they tell is that they don't lie?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »

Wormwood and associated stellar bodies are well taught about in Revelation and a strike by such a body is argued to be the reason that governments are building their own protection against it surreptitiously, and at great expense..

Who is arguing it?
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
But how do you know that - I would assume because you believe they told you so.

In which case how do you tell the difference between someone who doesn't lie and someone who does lie, and one of the lies they tell is that they don't lie?

It's a little trick I learned from the Holy Bible...those that don't lie then die to prove their veracity that an indestructible force that created all the stars and atoms and can keep us safe from the worst atrocities is probably telling us the truth...especially when...as if to prove a point...they return and reclaim their mortally damaged body. Of course, if you repent at this late hour you probably wouldn't get your own vessel back because it will be severely in need of repair...but a new vessel as the Holy Bible indicates might be ok. But first you need a righteous spirit that is Wormwood proof...but it is still best to get your information from Jesus Christ's accurate teaching, Prof.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
Who is arguing it?

Arguing is when there is a difference of opinion and the one will not concede to the other even if truth and veracity is on one of the sides. A veracity proven by the faith and dedication over many years by millions of believers...The same is true of any who want to conceal the truth of what should be revealed honestly and openly but use circular argument to conceal that truth.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2016, 01:41:39 PM »
It's a little trick I learned from the Holy Bible...those that don't lie then die to prove their veracity that an indestructible force that created all the stars and atoms and can keep us safe from the worst atrocities is probably telling us the truth...especially when...as if to prove a point...they return and reclaim their mortally damaged body. Of course, if you repent at this late hour you probably wouldn't get your own vessel back because it will be severely in need of repair...but a new vessel as the Holy Bible indicates might be ok. But first you need a righteous spirit that is Wormwood proof...but it is still best to get your information from Jesus Christ's accurate teaching, Prof.
Which is a rather long-winded way of saying that you believe they don't lie because they've told you they don't lie.

So once again I ask how you can tell the difference between:

A) Someone who doesn't lie

and

B) Someone who does lie and one of the lies they tell you is that they don't lie

Maeght

« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »
Evolution will be a valid science when we are in receipt of the wonderful electric forces that are involved. There is a terrific leap between righteous man and the monkey. Here is how it goes..planet Earth became void and all life lost but Almighty God wouldn't leave it that way. Knowing all the key elements were alreay within the planet he restarted it then reached into the dirt and took a hand full of dna already in the earth...doctored it and started a new era..a new beginning...you must read the Holy Bible.

I haven't commented on the Bible. The commented on Evolution and showed a lack of understanding of it. You shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.