Author Topic: The Electric/Spiritual Universe of Jesus Christ  (Read 186899 times)

Gonnagle

Re: The Electric/Spiritual Universe of Jesus Christ
« Reply #650 on: September 27, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »
Dear jj,

You really do your cause no favours when you focus on such nonsense as dynamic energy and righteousness.  Instead, come on here and preach goodness and justice for all and forget the scientific nonsense because it makes you look stupid and asking to be bullied.

It may seem nonsense to you but to Nicholas it probably is very serious, he is an old school Christian ( heaven or hell ) but with a twist, and if you are a certain type of Christian you may just feel that you are preaching goodness and justice, and by the way!! no one should be bullied on this forum, and jj, if you think someone is being bullied then you must report it to the Mods.

This is why I keep an wee eye on our Nicholas's threads, he is a nice guy, different but nice, mannerly with a slightly dry humour.

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #651 on: September 27, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »
Dear jj,

It may seem nonsense to you but to Nicholas it probably is very serious, he is an old school Christian ( heaven or hell ) but with a twist, and if you are a certain type of Christian you may just feel that you are preaching goodness and justice, and by the way!! no one should be bullied on this forum, and jj, if you think someone is being bullied then you must report it to the Mods.

This is why I keep an wee eye on our Nicholas's threads, he is a nice guy, different but nice, mannerly with a slightly dry humour.

Gonnagle.

He seems quite intent on saving us (which is nice), but I like to think that his detractors actually have his best interests at heart.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

jjohnjil

« Reply #652 on: September 27, 2016, 05:56:29 PM »
Dear jj,

Gonnagle.

Hi Gonners,

I agree with you re-bullying, and that is why I said he should stop posting stuff that invites it.  He is certainly always polite and never nasty, but if you keep saying the same things over and over again and not just ignore the arguments against your assertions but repeat them as if they were undisputed facts, people get annoyed and that leads to bullying (from the recipient's POV).

As you are president of the Sparky fan club, Gonners, I think you should at least drop a few subtle hints to him to either answer questions or stop repeating assertions - that's the way to put an end to any perceived bullying.

(A bottle of 12 year old malt will do nicely for that advice, old mucker ... Next patient please!)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #653 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:37 PM »
Hi Gonners,

I agree with you re-bullying, and that is why I said he should stop posting stuff that invites it.  He is certainly always polite and never nasty, but if you keep saying the same things over and over again and not just ignore the arguments against your assertions but repeat them as if they were undisputed facts, people get annoyed and that leads to bullying (from the recipient's POV).

As you are president of the Sparky fan club, Gonners, I think you should at least drop a few subtle hints to him to either answer questions or stop repeating assertions - that's the way to put an end to any perceived bullying.

(A bottle of 12 year old malt will do nicely for that advice, old mucker ... Next patient please!)
Bullying is the responsibility of the person doing that. This idea of 'invites bullying' is the same meretricious nonsense that says 'But she was wearing a short skirt'

Gonnagle

« Reply #654 on: September 27, 2016, 06:08:08 PM »
Dear jj,

See Sanes reply ;)

And I would never mess with the magic that is, NicholasMarks :P

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

jjohnjil

« Reply #655 on: September 27, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
Bullying is the responsibility of the person doing that. This idea of 'invites bullying' is the same meretricious nonsense that says 'But she was wearing a short skirt'

I agree but no one is bullying Nick.  He perceives people getting annoyed with his constant assertions as bullying.  I don't think he should have to feel that way.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #656 on: September 27, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »
I agree but no one is bullying Nick.  He perceives people getting annoyed with his constant assertions as bullying.  I don't think he should have to feel that way.
There have been a number of issues with the treatment of Nick which have led  to clear warnings on threads and posts removed.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #657 on: September 27, 2016, 06:21:03 PM »
Nick, according to the Bible, Jesus helped others as best he could.  In that respect he was a good man   Of course we should all do our best for others and if he taught that, we should applaud his memory for it.

Nelson Mandela too was a good man. He forgave his enemies, he helped the downtrodden and fought injustice and for freedom for his people.  It should be enough to follow their example without worshipping them or pretending they were fantastic scientists when they weren't.

You really do your cause no favours when you focus on such nonsense as dynamic energy and righteousness.  Instead, come on here and preach goodness and justice for all and forget the scientific nonsense because it makes you look stupid and asking to be bullied.

You have the nerve to say we are brain-washed for not believing a lot of  amateurish  videos that my ten-year-old grandson could make with some wax crayons and his leggo set.  Stop acting as if you know even a smidgen of elementary science and promote Christianity for the good it can do  - and does do, in war-torn plces all around the world..

jjohnjil...Jesus taught us to follow him...and those that do will never die. He also said that righteousness was his code of behaviour...it is what Almighty God responds to and it is the direct opposite of evil which uses the same science but in an opposing way. What that means is that in the political mechanics of this planet certain people  are working a corrupt philosophy, hidden from view, which relies on the fact that people can be fooled and manipulated and this is the single reason why this planet is thouroughly wasted.

Have no worries...Almighty God will reintroduce Jesus to you...in a way that will be scientifically solid. You may not be ready but you wont be able to blame me because I am giving you an introduction to his teaching built on top of  modern science, but you can't even grasp what modern science is saying...else you would be able to see this instead of keep saying that God'srighteous science isn't science.

It helps if you read the Holy Bible so that you know what you are disputing...but all you dissenters seem to be able to argue against it without even vaguely knowing what's in it.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #658 on: September 27, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
NS,

There have been a number of issues with the treatment of Nick which have led  to clear warnings on threads and posts removed.

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. I haven't seen any of that here, and would object of course if I did.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

jjohnjil

« Reply #659 on: September 27, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »

Good!  Nick is basically a decent sort of guy, but if he didn't make repeated assertions while ignoring all points put to him, that action would have been unnecessary.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #660 on: September 27, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »
NS,

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. I haven't seen any of that here, and would object of course if I did.
I will stick by my previous statement, and add that the definition is wrong, in my wholely unarrogant opinion, in that it misses out the whole idea of mockery.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #661 on: September 27, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »
NS,

I will stick by my previous statement, and add that the definition is wrong, in my wholely unarrogant opinion, in that it misses out the whole idea of mockery.

Presumably because it depends so much on context. The definition is fine - very little room for ambiguity there. Mockery on the other hand is on an acceptable/unacceptable spectrum depending on who's doing it and how far it goes.

Sheer bloody exasperation sometimes on the other hand...   

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #662 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »
NS,

Presumably because it depends so much on context. The definition is fine - very little room for ambiguity there. Mockery on the other hand is on an acceptable/unacceptable spectrum depending on who's doing it and how far it goes.

Sheer bloody exasperation sometimes on the other hand...
Except you will accept that mockery can constitute bullying? If so the definition is not fine.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #663 on: September 27, 2016, 06:56:04 PM »
NS,

Except you will accept that mockery can constitute bullying? If so the definition is not fine.

No, it's fine because it's unequivocal. That's not to say that - in extreme or exceptional circumstances - there are not other behaviours that could fit that description but that's hard to encompass in a workable definition. Anyways, rather than embark on an endless discussion about it I'm content to say that sometimes mockery is fine (various of us here do it to each other quite often with no harm done) and sometimes it isn't.   

God

ippy

« Reply #664 on: September 27, 2016, 06:58:34 PM »
jjohnjil...Jesus taught us to follow him...and those that do will never die. He also said that righteousness was his code of behaviour...it is what Almighty God responds to and it is the direct opposite of evil which uses the same science but in an opposing way. What that means is that in the political mechanics of this planet certain people  are working a corrupt philosophy, hidden from view, which relies on the fact that people can be fooled and manipulated and this is the single reason why this planet is thouroughly wasted.

Have no worries...Almighty God will reintroduce Jesus to you...in a way that will be scientifically solid. You may not be ready but you wont be able to blame me because I am giving you an introduction to his teaching built on top of  modern science, but you can't even grasp what modern science is saying...else you would be able to see this instead of keep saying that God'srighteous science isn't science.

It helps if you read the Holy Bible so that you know what you are disputing...but all you dissenters seem to be able to argue against it without even vaguely knowing what's in it.

No problem with your post Nick, other than you've forgotten to put the words "I believe", at the beginning.

ippy

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #665 on: September 27, 2016, 07:04:51 PM »
No problem with your post Nick, other than you've forgotten to put the words "I believe", at the beginning.

ippy
  I believe you missed them from your post

NicholasMarks

« Reply #666 on: September 27, 2016, 07:42:02 PM »

Bullying, you see, follows a science..and as one who has studied bullying in a very raw environment...a working environment where vile management tactics were used, I think I am an authority on bullying.

Bullying relies on people being forced out of their nervous strength...a method bordering on hysteria which drains people of their emotional health. When their emotional health begins to fail so does their general health and some horrible distresses result. I lifted this pattern and dropped it into the pattern whereby we are all abusers of our own nervous health and I saw the victim clearly...it is the living cell being deprived of its emotional support and just as those workers, the living cell can rebel. It will cease to be healthy and will wildly start ignoring the genetic pattern of good order it would otherwise follow.

Well...all science has to start somewhere and I know your responses before you give them...but it wont alter, one iota, this scientific truth.

What is even more amazing is that Jesus Christ knew of this style of oppression and showed us, by righteous laws, how to defeat that cancerous state of affairs. It's just that some of you prefer it that way.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:00:53 AM by NicholasMarks »

NicholasMarks

« Reply #667 on: September 27, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »

Sebastian Toe...

Here's one for you Seb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyZZigE7_I

ippy

« Reply #668 on: September 28, 2016, 10:18:51 AM »
  I believe you missed them from your post

To simple and straight forward for you N S?

ippy

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #669 on: September 28, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »

If these guys who constantly challenge NM don't like what he says, and disagree,  then just leave him.  It is unacceptable to constantly ridicule or call to account someone who is expressing his heart-felt beliefs.  I repeat:  walk away and do the decent thing.  I think the fact that he refuses to respond to levels of ridicule merely leads the bullying instinct to thrive.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

NicholasMarks

« Reply #670 on: September 28, 2016, 10:57:34 AM »
Moving on...

Now we have introduced cancerous groups and societies into the equation we can start answering serious questions...like...how could Jimmy Savile walk around various branches of our caring institutions for so long...or indeed...other people in similar situations...doing the things he was doing...it is because of this cancerous effect on society if we abandon upright righteous principles.

There is no need to labour the point too much...it's all so obvious. Jesus Christ taught us to cancel cancerous behaviour by first canceling it within ourselves and it is all extremely beneficial because the Holy Bible teaches us that it will put an end to wars, pain, suffering, ill health and eventually death...but it is down to whether we believe the author of that Holy book, which includes Jesus Christ and which tells us about the true, electric/spiritual nature, of the universe.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #671 on: September 28, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »
If these guys who constantly challenge NM don't like what he says, and disagree,  then just leave him.  It is unacceptable to constantly ridicule or call to account someone who is expressing his heart-felt beliefs.  I repeat:  walk away and do the decent thing.  I think the fact that he refuses to respond to levels of ridicule merely leads the bullying instinct to thrive.

Agreed.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #672 on: September 28, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
Sebastian Toe...

Here's one for you Seb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyZZigE7_I

Thanks Nick, I'll have a look.
Can I just check that this is one with which you agree with its findings and or conjectures?
Ta.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

ippy

« Reply #673 on: September 28, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »

I have a certain amount of sympathy for your point of view B A, but I don't see N M is any more extreme than religious believers that use a more gentle approach when expressing their views.

In general I would find religious believers much less of a target if they didn't keep on targeting the young, the next generation with their unsupported ideas, insomuch because older people can deal with challenging ideas and taking them up freely if they wish to do so, or dismissing them.

ippy

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #674 on: September 28, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
I have a certain amount of sympathy for your point of view B A, but I don't see N M is any more extreme than religious believers that use a more gentle approach when expressing their views.

In general I would find religious believers much less of a target if they didn't keep on targeting the young, the next generation with their unsupported ideas, insomuch because older people can deal with challenging ideas and taking them up freely if they wish to do so, or dismissing them.

ippy

We can all agree that targeting the young is not on, and some religionists do that;  but, I'd say, not with malicious intent - unless we're talking about the likes of Daesh.  That doesn't apply to NM, so what  I said about his treatment here still applies.  It is uncomfortable to see some one repeatedly taken to task for beliefs, sometimes derisively, sometimes aggressively, and just too often.  Some just use him as an easy target for some very negative posts.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."