Author Topic: The Electric/Spiritual Universe of Jesus Christ  (Read 184683 times)

BashfulAnthony

Re: The Electric/Spiritual Universe of Jesus Christ
« Reply #475 on: September 22, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
If you believe the book of fantasy, Revelation, has any relevance that is very sad indeed. What is also sad is that you seem to be spending your days concocting your posts, which appear to be the product over an overactive imagine and have no basis in reality.

I don't know your personal circumstances, and of course it isn't my business, but if you do have family and friends I wonder what they think of your stance on faith and how posting on this forum is taking up quite a lot of your time? Don't you have any hobbies, or aren't you able to get out and about and try to enjoy the life you have? I am not saying this to be unpleasant but because I am genuinely concerned.

"...but if you have family and friends I wonder what they think of your stance on faith and how posting on this forum is taking up quite a lot of your time."  Wow!! What a grotesque piece of hypocrisy! 
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #476 on: September 22, 2016, 10:02:06 AM »
Nick

Actually I have taken a course in Jesus accurate teaching and I now know that you are wrong.

You have been fooled by the devil.

What would that be BR: "The do it yourself book of Jesus;  for complete beginners,"   by A.Theist.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:22:15 AM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2016, 10:12:36 AM »
Have you got viable evidence that I use that term every week B A?

ippy

I forgot to add, as part of the challenge, can you also not deny that you do it?
BA.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »
If you believe the book of fantasy, Revelation, has any relevance that is very sad indeed. What is also sad is that you seem to be spending your days concocting your posts, which appear to be the product over an overactive imagine and have no basis in reality.

I don't know your personal circumstances, and of course it isn't my business, but if you do have family and friends I wonder what they think of your stance on faith and how posting on this forum is taking up quite a lot of your time? Don't you have any hobbies, or aren't you able to get out and about and try to enjoy the life you have? I am not saying this to be unpleasant but because I am genuinely concerned.

I have a strong suspicion that you wont be ready in time, Floo. That is a blow to me but you must understand that without the appropriate mind-set you would just be a huge burden upon those who will be thanking Jesus for their salvation and working incredibly hard towards the righteous repair of their health and their planet.

In Revelation we are told of those who wont make it...many you will agree deserve it, but I'm afraid that the Judgement is the same for all, regardless. A fiery lake of sulphur, for all eternity...or eternal damnation.

The Holy Bible, including Revelation exists...it is a part of the thinking of many beings not of this world and certainly part of the thinking of millions on this planet...it...therefore...should be read as a point of evidence to our past, present and our future...and in this terrible world, hell bent on destroying itself...Biblical teaching is a refreshing alternative to the unreserved brain-washing which is wildly dominating all existence today.

Go with your heart Floo...and good luck.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:23:28 AM by NicholasMarks »

Sassy

« Reply #479 on: September 22, 2016, 10:22:25 AM »
Have you got viable evidence that I use that term every week B A?

ippy

I think Ippy that the evidence shows your atheism is a belief which requires more faith than Christianity, given that God sent Christ and we have evidence Gods words do come true.

I believe evidence which is viable is the faith required by atheists in the theory of evolution.

Malcolm Muggeridge
I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially the extent to which it's been applied, will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future. Posterity will marvel that so very flimsy and dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it has.

What evidence do you personally have that the theory of evolution is, if at all true?
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »
I have a strong suspicion that you wont be ready in time, Floo. That is a blow to me but you must understand that without the appropriate mind-set you would just be a huge burden upon those who will be thanking Jesus for their salvation and working incredibly hard towards the righteous repair of their health and their planet.

In Revelation we are told of those who wont make it...many you will agree deserve it, but I'm afraid that the Judgement is the same for all, regardless. A fiery lake of sulphur, for all eternity...or eternal damnation.

The Holy Bible, including Revelation exists...it is a part of the thinking of many beings not of this world and certainly part of the thinking of millions on this planet...it...therefore...should be read as a point of evidence to our past, present and our future...and in this terrible world, hell bent on destroying itself...Biblical teaching is a refreshing alternative to the unreserved brain-washing which is wildly dominating all existence today.

Go with your heart Floo...and good luck.

My heart tells me that my position on matters of religion is right for me.

BeRational

« Reply #481 on: September 22, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »
What would that be BR: "The do it yourself book of Jesus;  for complete beginners,"   by A.Theist.

Do not mock my calculations as they are accurate and you will be in trouble if you ignore them.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

BeRational

« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2016, 11:12:16 AM »
As you will have already realised then BeRational...The course is open to everyone. It simply means implementing the word of Jesus Christ accurately. Sadly, many, even with good intent, think they are following Jesus but are actually following a misrepresentation of his word. This is where understanding the electric nature of the universe comes in and why few there are that find that path.

Still...as long as you are trying to follow his teaching, more and more will be made known to you.

On the other hand...you might just be saying that, tongue in cheek, for a laugh...and this is my take on your post.

Part of the mechanics of Jesus' teaching is to lift us out of brain-washing...wherever it springs from...and the science says this is a huge problem in the health of this world's populations today...it can even get you crucified.

Yes you are right, and you are following the wrong track. You calculations are NOT accurate and you are doomed to hell unless you change.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »
Yes you are right, and you are following the wrong track. You calculations are NOT accurate and you are doomed to hell unless you change.

But my calculations are spot on...they are constantly checked and rechecked...they have provided all we know about science today...but I have put those calculations into a new order...prompted by the Holy Bible....and I think you know what they are telling me and that is the same as I am telling you. That beneath all this visible stuff is an invisible material that drifted around an invisible dimension before it all erupted and created everything we now accept as reality.

It's best to simply accept that Almighty God is the owner of all this material and all this science because Jesus Christ is our only salvation...Now Satan avoids Jesus like the plague so I suggest he doesn't loiter anywhere near Jesus' accurate teaching though he fuels his Rolls Royce at the pumps of iniquity.

BeRational

« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2016, 01:39:01 PM »

But my calculations are spot on...they are constantly checked and rechecked...they have provided all we know about science today...but I have put those calculations into a new order...prompted by the Holy Bible....and I think you know what they are telling me and that is the same as I am telling you. That beneath all this visible stuff is an invisible material that drifted around an invisible dimension before it all erupted and created everything we now accept as reality.

It's best to simply accept that Almighty God is the owner of all this material and all this science because Jesus Christ is our only salvation...Now Satan avoids Jesus like the plague so I suggest he doesn't loiter anywhere near Jesus' accurate teaching though he fuels his Rolls Royce at the pumps of iniquity.

You think they are correct, but my superior calculations show that you are completely wrong.
You have been led astray by the deceiver who has simply made you THINK you have correct results.

Your calculation are NOT anything to do with Jesus' accurate teaching, and you have been duped into the teachings of Satan.

Hell awaits if you follow your current path.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2016, 01:52:11 PM »
You think they are correct, but my superior calculations show that you are completely wrong.
You have been led astray by the deceiver who has simply made you THINK you have correct results.

Your calculation are NOT anything to do with Jesus' accurate teaching, and you have been duped into the teachings of Satan.

Hell awaits if you follow your current path.

Hmmm...quite a conundrum...believe BeRational or Jesus Christ...I will have to think about that one.

BeRational denies the calculations of science whilst my calculations have built them into the equation. BeRational has a track record of talking against righteousness whist my calculations, supported by righteousness, tells us the world is in a terrible state and the only way of salvation...even in these terrible times...is in following the loving path of caring for each other and finding peaceful ways to our salvation...because the not so nice, unrighteous crowd, will make every ones life a misery in these last days when the full force of Wormwood is almost upon us.

I have reached my decision...do you mind if I keep it secret for the moment because I am a little timid and don't want to anger the other party.

jjohnjil

« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »

Hmmm...quite a conundrum...believe BeRational or Jesus Christ...I will have to think about that one.

BeRational denies the calculations of science whilst my calculations have built them into the equation. BeRational has a track record of talking against righteousness whist my calculations, supported by righteousness, tells us the world is in a terrible state and the only way of salvation...even in these terrible times...is in following the loving path of caring for each other and finding peaceful ways to our salvation...because the not so nice, unrighteous crowd, will make every ones life a misery in these last days when the full force of Wormwood is almost upon us.

I have reached my decision...do you mind if I keep it secret for the moment because I am a little timid and don't want to anger the other party.

Nick

BeRational is simply making the point that anyone can assert anything at all.  Anyone can threaten and prophesy any terrible disaster they can dream up.   Unless you have more evidence than a story (Revelation), that even the best Biblical scholars think is the work of a psycho, then you are being as laughable as BeRational is being.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2016, 02:58:44 PM »
jj,

BeRational is simply making the point that anyone can assert anything at all.  Anyone can threaten and prophesy any terrible disaster they can dream up.   Unless you have more evidence than a story (Revelation), that even the best Biblical scholars think is the work of a psycho, then you are being as laughable as BeRational is being.

Quite so. Just to note too that he's fond of constructions like, "believe BeRational or Jesus Christ..." rather than the appropriate, "believe BeRational or Nicholas Marks..." as if in some way JC was channeling unmediated through him.

Oh the narcissism, oh the ever-so-'umbleness, oh the persecution complex when his countless mistakes are pointed out!
"Don't make me come down there."

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
Nick

You seem to want to draw a line through Revelation Jjohnjil as if it doesn't exist...yet...in the current climate it is giving us an insight into a profound expectation presented by a phenomenon that is looming over us all today.

I'm not sure how you can dismiss my claim so easily either when it is built on the top of some vigorous scientific facts...duly calculated.

Those facts point to the Holy Bible as a work of outstanding scientific knowledge...that takes our health and welfare as its leading priority...Even now...in these last days...we are receiving a science that can save us...but only if we can comply with that science...else Judgement will be the same farce that you believe the scientifically proven laws of righteousness are...and that will never do.

Jesus Christ is our lead scientist.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2016, 03:10:32 PM »
BeR said: You have been led astray by the deceiver

Who or what do you mean by "the deceiver", or do you mean promptings of our own unconscious mind, rather than a specific person/entity?
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

jjohnjil

« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »
You seem to want to draw a line through Revelation Jjohnjil as if it doesn't exist...yet...in the current climate it is giving us an insight into a profound expectation presented by a phenomenon that is looming over us all today.

I'm not sure how you can dismiss my claim so easily either when it is built on the top of some vigorous scientific facts...duly calculated.

Those facts point to the Holy Bible as a work of outstanding scientific knowledge...that takes our health and welfare as its leading priority...Even now...in these last days...we are receiving a science that can save us...but only if we can comply with that science...else Judgement will be the same farce that you believe the scientifically proven laws of righteousness are...and that will never do.

Jesus Christ is our lead scientist.

Nick

Jesus Christ, if he ever existed, was no scientist.  He was a preacher, a guy who tried his best to make the life of his countrymen easier under Roman rule.  He wasn't interested in all the scientific mumbo jumbo you think he knew and taught 'accurately', it meant nothing to him or to the people he was interested in.

There was a good TV prog on last night in which it was pointing out that the ordinary Romans,  who had a life expectancy of 29, liked the idea of everlasting life and so took up this new cult of Christianity.  When it grew too big to handle, the Emperor made it the official religion.  Otherwise it would have died out just as all the other cults did.

BeRational

« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »

Please keep it a secret if you like.

Just know that your calculations are not accurate, and big trouble awaits!

BeRational

« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2016, 04:00:13 PM »
BeR said: You have been led astray by the deceiver

Who or what do you mean by "the deceiver", or do you mean promptings of our own unconscious mind, rather than a specific person/entity?

I mean Satan of course.

He has deceived Nick into thinking his calculations are correct, when in fact they are wrong.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »
Nick

Jesus Christ, if he ever existed, was no scientist.  He was a preacher, a guy who tried his best to make the life of his countrymen easier under Roman rule.  He wasn't interested in all the scientific mumbo jumbo you think he knew and taught 'accurately', it meant nothing to him or to the people he was interested in.

There was a good TV prog on last night in which it was pointing out that the ordinary Romans,  who had a life expectancy of 29, liked the idea of everlasting life and so took up this new cult of Christianity.  When it grew too big to handle, the Emperor made it the official religion.  Otherwise it would have died out just as all the other cults did.

Oh ye of little faith...I could give you another account...quite different to the Roman regieme of yours which states that the migbty Roman machine persecuted and slaughtered followers of this new teaching, vilifying it and putting followers in the arena in the hope of crushing it. Then, one day, a power hungry Roman  decided he could harness this people by saying he was also one of this movement and secured his own might at the expense of God's righteous teaching...and iniquity was born.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:10:48 PM by NicholasMarks »

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »

. The approach is clearly being felt and observed today...
How - exactly?
Please give examples.
If it is 'clearly' being felt you must be able to clearly show this to be true.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »
How - exactly?
Please give examples.
If it is 'clearly' being felt you must be able to clearly show this to be true.

I am listing global warming, severe climate change, the secret preparations of powerful governments, the earthquakes, the mass death of various creatures, the numerous sightings which indicate something enormous is in our midst, the Holy Bible that tells us about it coming, describing it as like a woman who goes into labour and progressively the pains get worse until the climax of that activity presents itself...I don't need to go into heavy debate about this...the proof will be be with you shortly.

Oh, no, how long is shortly??

Well, longer than soon, but, perhaps, not as long as it will take for you to adequately repent, Seb...and that isn't good.

jjohnjil

« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2016, 05:13:28 PM »
Oh ye of little faith...I could give you another account...quite different to the Roman regieme of yours which states that the migbty Roman machine persecuted and slaughtered followers of this new teaching, vilifying it and putting followers in the arena in the hope of crushing it. Then, one day, a power hungry Roman  decided he could harness this people by saying he was also one of this movement and secured his own might at the expense of God's righteous teaching...and iniquity was born.

You are right, He of inaccurate Faith, the Romans did slaughter the early Christians for refusing to worship their gods.  They caused trouble and the Romans didn't like rebellions.  It wasn't until their own citizens changed over to a god who promised them a Heaven instead of oblivion that the Emperor tagged along too. 

To them it was like choosing between Asda and Tesco..

NicholasMarks

« Reply #497 on: September 22, 2016, 05:23:19 PM »
You are right, He of inaccurate Faith, the Romans did slaughter the early Christians for refusing to worship their gods.  They caused trouble and the Romans didn't like rebellions.  It wasn't until their own citizens changed over to a god who promised them a Heaven instead of oblivion that the Emperor tagged along too. 

To them it was like choosing between Asda and Tesco..

You've forgotten Sainsbury's Jjohnjil...but like much of their advertising it's all part of brainwashing their customers.

Constantine wanted to brain-wash those in his circle of influence by subterfuge and your television prog wants to lure viewers to his conflicting claims under the influence of, say, Dawkins, or other dis-creditor of righteousness.

You see...righteousness cannot lie, or deceive and this is tough on those who want to oppress the public by twisting their thinking...or...as I often call it...brain-washing...or...the first fault in our ill health.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #498 on: September 22, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
Then, one day, a power hungry Roman  decided he could harness this people by saying he was also one of this movement and secured his own might at the expense of God's righteous teaching...and iniquity was born.

Ah yes, the old saw about the birth of the Catholic Church under Constantine, proclaimed as the start of the perversion of Christ's teaching by numerous Protestant sects (and also by apparently your own favourite sect, the Jehovah's Witnesses). I notice you often quote from their 'New World' "translation" (very much in inverted commas). However, you seem to have departed dramatically from their teaching on hell, since the JWs have always insisted that 'hell' is not a place of eternal torment - one of the few good things that the JWs have come up with, and which accords well with what is evident from the Old Testament scriptures, at least. (Those of us who have actually read the OT will know this. Others prefer to make extrapolations, because God is not always portrayed as particularly 'righteous' there)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:41:14 PM by Dicky Underpants »
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #499 on: September 22, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »

BeRational denies the calculations of science whilst my calculations have built them into the equation.

In the gospels, Jesus makes only one statement which could possibly construed as science, and that is where he gives his own version of "Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky at morning, shepherd's warning"*. That of course is an ancient saying of country lore, but in fact does have a fair amount of scientific data to explain why this is very often true. That is the limit of Jesus' science.

You often make some bizarre assertions about the correlation between applying what you consider "biblical science" and a person's bodily health, by which I can only assume that you are making the outrageous suggestion that if a committed Christian becomes ill, then their understanding of the Bible is somehow in error. If this is the case, the implication is monstrous; perhaps you should read the Book of Job again. The latter is an attempt to explain (a failed attempt in my view) undeserved human suffering. As I say, it is a failed attempt at an explanation, but it is at least an earnest attempt by the ancients to grapple with the problem.

*Matthew 16:2,3
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:43:30 PM by Dicky Underpants »
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David