Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 187834 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: President Trump
« Reply #500 on: April 20, 2017, 08:17:29 AM »
By riding roughshod over other people.

Yes, I find it quite astonishing that a good Christian woman like Sassy would be endorsing the pussy handler.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #501 on: April 20, 2017, 09:09:39 AM »
Sassy

I know that you are, at heart, a christian, but all too often your posts show a misunderstanding about the nature of behaviour expected of christians.

Perhaps if I said that Trump has made money a false god, and has coveted his neighbour's ass (and pussy) among other varieties of "shalt not"s, would that make it easier for you to understand the viewpoints of other posters?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Robbie

« Reply #502 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »
if I remember rightly Sass defended that pervert Saville. :o

Citation needed! That's quite a serious allegation, you need to be certain of what you are saying.I wonder ifyou misread one of her posts from way back.

Meh - Trump is a failed Businessman prone to multiple bankruptcies. In fact, he's not quite the self-made mogul he makes himself out to be.

For a start, he got considerable assistance in his business ventures thanks to his real-estate developer father; whose name helped open many doors for the young Trumpster when he began his career in real estate, after all his father was one of the richest individuals in America at the time with a net worth of roughly $200 million. (The equivalent of $1 billion today.)

His early success was ultimately depended on many important privileges that were obtained with his father's extensive support, including having a name that opened doors to banks and insurance companies and New York City Hall, Trump also benefited from financial assistance from daddy that was worth many times more than $1 million he claims he started out with.

In fact, he and his businesses have also enjoyed public help in the form of tax breaks, loans from his siblings, and protection from bankruptcy courts worth well in excess of $100 million.

So it was his father who made sure Donald got a big head start in life and really not anything to do with his so-called acumen!!

That is all true. In fact Trump is not known to be an especially clever businessman, he's lost money. It is merely the fact that he had a big head start that has ensured his success. I've no quarrel with anyone who has a fortune handed to them and then tries to make it work, fails, has another go, but Trump lacks humility.

Rose said - "He fails because he doesn't know how to treat other people, especially people he considers beneath him. Vulnerable people."

That is evident.

Trump is not stupid but he lacks the intellect necessary to be a politician. He just has a lot of front.

It's frightening that someone like himself is in charge over the pond.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Robbie

« Reply #503 on: April 20, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »
You haven't responded to the first part of my post floo.

Robbie

« Reply #504 on: April 20, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
I know that floo but earlier you said ":-
"if I remember rightly Sass defended that pervert Saville. :o"

and in the post to which you responded to the last bit, I said :-
"Citation needed! That's quite a serious allegation, you need to be certain of what you are saying.I wonder ifyou misread one of her posts from way back."

I don't want to derail the thread or go on about this but if you make an accusation like that you do need to back it up or say you got it wrong & then we'll move on.  So please respond.

Robbie

« Reply #505 on: April 20, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
OK but I don't know why you said it off the top of your head, it was a vile accusation.
I won't say any more about it, back to Trump.

Sassy

« Reply #506 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »
if I remember rightly Sass defended that pervert Saville. :o

You remembered WRONG!
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #507 on: April 22, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
Sassy

I know that you are, at heart, a christian, but all too often your posts show a misunderstanding about the nature of behaviour expected of christians.

Perhaps if I said that Trump has made money a false god, and has coveted his neighbour's ass (and pussy) among other varieties of "shalt not"s, would that make it easier for you to understand the viewpoints of other posters?

Trump took derelict buildings and built skyscrapers.The truth is that others just did not get in before he did.
AS FOR the rest of the down trodding.... Banks are just as much responsible
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #508 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
Bad Eggs!

What ever money he used. His investments proved good.
He bought up all the old buildings and turned them into something new and made a lot of money doing so.
The fact his Father helped him up the ladder is neither here or there.He succeeded.
His businesses have gone bankrupt five times. He frequently strong arms subcontractors into accepting much lower fees than they contracted for. Trump is a vile businessman and a vile president.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SusanDoris

« Reply #509 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
Apparently, when Trump met Angela Merkel on the subject of trade, she had to explain eleven times that it was not possible to trade direct with Germany, it had to be done through the EU. (I saw this subject on IS this morning.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:50:16 AM by SusanDoris »
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Sassy

« Reply #510 on: April 24, 2017, 05:08:36 AM »
His businesses have gone bankrupt five times. He frequently strong arms subcontractors into accepting much lower fees than they contracted for. Trump is a vile businessman and a vile president.

What is the difference between companies charging the public high costs and the businessman charging each other lower fees?

Sassy

« Reply #511 on: April 24, 2017, 05:09:57 AM »
As well as being a vile human being who likes to touch up women.

Is that slander?  You need to be careful Floo,
We don't know because we never witnessed it.
Mud throwing is something the USA do very well.

Owlswing

« Reply #512 on: April 24, 2017, 05:33:35 AM »

Is that slander?  You need to be careful Floo,
We don't know because we never witnessed it.
Mud throwing is something the USA do very well.

We never witnessed the resurrction of Christ . . . but you KNOW thgat it happened . . .
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #513 on: April 24, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
Sassy

You seem to have a great admiration for Donald Trump, why is this?

As far as his business methods are concerned, he ensured that risk was borne by people working for him and not by him. He ensured that he did not suffer at the expense of others: this was theft.

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL

Among other things, he tried to get Barack Obama unseated from the presidency by stating that he was not born an American citizen. This was a lie.

THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS

There is a well-aired recording of him boasting that he could get women by "grabbing their pussy".

THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY
THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOUR'S WIFE

You are the one who parades nuggets of "wisdom" from the Old Testament in the apparent belief that it portrays you as a biblical scholar. Have you come across the Ten Commandments? If you examine Donald Trump's behaviour using these commandments for reference, does he come across as someone to be admired? If so, why?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Robbie

« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »
We never witnessed the resurrction of Christ . . . but you KNOW thgat it happened . . .

Why bring that up on a thread about Trump in the Politics section? It has no relevance at all, you're just trying to score points without making any points of your own.

I dislike Trump, the puffed up buffoon, and agree with Harrowby's post above mine which does outline salient points. Nevertheless Trump does have supporters, he tapped into the mood of some sections of American society but they aren't all blue collar. We may wonder why they can't see the bigger picture but it's a fact so not surprising tht a few people over here approve of him too, like sassy.

Robbie

« Reply #515 on: April 24, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »
I don't see how unless she's an American citizen with voting rights & don't think she is, she'll correct me if i;m wrong. We can laugh at him & say what we like about him over here but won't affect him being president. Only the Americans can change that eventually.

There's a programme hosted by Jeremy Paxman on BBC1 at 9pm tonight about Trump's first hundred days as president, might be interesting. He travels across America interviewing people trying to make sense of the man & his policies.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »
What is the difference between companies charging the public high costs and the businessman charging each other lower fees?

Huh? That doesn't make sense as a response to my post.

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Bubbles

« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »

No you haven't got it Sassy, Trump refused to pay what he had agreed.
He broke promises.

Almost lost some small business men their livelihood

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/13/politics/trump-small-business-owners/

Small businessmen can't afford not to be paid.

3500 claims of him not keeping promises and not paying people, is a lot.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-lawsuit-contractors

He thinks he can do what he wants, to anyone.

Including women.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:05:29 PM by Rose »

Ricky Spanish

« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »
Good piece in the Slate yesterday:

Donald Trump has just three months in office, but even now, we can see what he brings to the White House. Not the strength or mastery he works to project with every public appearance, but its opposite: insecurity. As president, Trump is profoundly insecure: insecure about his electoral victory, insecure about his public standing, and insecure about his progress as chief executive.

President Trump’s smothering insecurity is evident in his recent interview with the Associated Press. Throughout the long and meandering exchange, Trump repeatedly turns from questions of policy and program to the obsessions and insecurities that seem to consume his attention. When asked, for example, if he’ll reject a bill to fund the government if it doesn’t include funding for a border wall, Trump pivots from the issue at hand to a discussion of the Electoral College. “You know, it’s funny. The Democrats, they have a big advantage in the Electoral College,” said Trump, later adding that “the Electoral College is very difficult for a Republican to win.”

This focus on the Electoral College—and how difficult it’s supposed to be for Republican presidential candidates—is a regular tic for Trump. “You know, look, the Democrats had a tremendous opportunity because of the Electoral College, as I said, is so skewed to them,” said Trump in response to questions about his White House team. “The Electoral College is so skewed in favour of a Democrat that it’s very, very hard.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/04/donald_trump_s_defining_trait_his_insecurity.html

I have to add I find it really difficult to listen to him on any form of media, he has the attention span of a dead goldfish and the mental capacity of a puppy.

He seems incapable of stringing his words together to create any coherent sentences; he strings sentences together that seem totally unrelated to each other.. [see here for example. https://youtu.be/2E2vLjJOig0]

He is the supreme definition of a Nobber!!
UNDERSTAND - I MAKE OPINIONS. IF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKE ME QUESTION MY OPINION THEN I WILL CONSIDER THEM.

Robbie

« Reply #519 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »
Silly wotsit!

I wondered about the Christian enthusiasm in the USA for Donald Trump and googled - Is Trump a Christian?

Loads of stuff came up, too much to pick one to post here. One talked about his recent conversion, another said he is quiet about his faith because if he talks about it it comes out wrong.

Catholic Herald went on a bit and ddin't reach a point.

Hey ho.

Jack Knave

« Reply #520 on: April 28, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »
Good piece in the Slate yesterday:

I have to add I find it really difficult to listen to him on any form of media, he has the attention span of a dead goldfish and the mental capacity of a puppy.

He seems incapable of stringing his words together to create any coherent sentences; he strings sentences together that seem totally unrelated to each other.. [see here for example. https://youtu.be/2E2vLjJOig0]

He is the supreme definition of a Nobber!!
I agree. He's falling apart and that won't do his ego any good which, for people like him, is very dangerous and explosive.

SusanDoris

« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2017, 01:52:08 PM »
On the News Quiz yesterday, there was an American comedian (actually, I don't think he was very funny!) who said that Trump has a wooden box on his desk with a red button in it which he presses to call a member of staff. The implication was that he had It made to resemble the nuclear button box so that he could pretend to , or practise?!, pressing it. I wouldn't be surprised!!

The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Robbie

« Reply #522 on: April 29, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »
Me neither. What Susan said is alarming!
(Is there really a nuclear button though?)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #523 on: April 29, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »
Whether the so called 'nuclear button' is real or apocryphal, I have no idea.
It's called the nuclear football but it's actually a briefcase containing the launch codes and the procedures for launching various kinds of nuclear strike. I don' suppose it is a button as such, it's probably some sort of secure telephone.

Robbie

« Reply #524 on: April 29, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
Me neither. Hope not! One can imagine an idiot being drawn towards it....reminds me of a Father Ted episode in which Frs Ted and Dougal were on a plane. Fr Dougal saw the red 'Mayday' button and couldn't take his eyes off it, it seemed to pulsate and glow in his sight. Of course he had to press it, can't remember what happened.
I digress, apologies.
PS Saw your post,thanks. Nuclear football - 'spect they call it 'nuclear soccer ball' in USofA.