Author Topic: Wackiest conspiracy theories  (Read 185 times)

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
Wackiest conspiracy theories
« on: July 05, 2023, 01:46:48 PM »
I spend a lot time online, especially on social media, and you see a lot of wacky stuff on there. I thought I'd seen it all but on Twitter this morning I stumbled upon this: nukes are fake (link below). What's thw wackiest conspiracy theory you've ever seen?

https://twitter.com/OwenBenjamin/status/1676079422489890816?s=19
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

SteveH

• From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!
Re: Wackiest conspiracy theories
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 04:44:19 PM »
My favourite pre-dates social media by decades, originating in the 60s: the theory that Paul McCartney was killed in a road accident in about 1964, and replaced by a look-alike. Its proponents claim that there are all sorts of clues in the band's later songs and albums. The twist is that they are probably right about the clues: The Beatles were well aware of the theory, and may have mischievously added them.
As for the link's claim that the cameras survived the nuclear explosions they were filming, it is noticeable that all the films suddenly cut out just as the debris cloud gets to them, so no doubt the camera was destroyed, but transmitted its film to a distant recording facility first.
True godliness don't turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it, and excites their endeavours to mend it.
William Penn