Author Topic: Prayers asked for retired lady  (Read 1375 times)

Robbie

Prayers asked for retired lady
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:00:04 AM »
I know someone, woman on her own, who has had severe mental health problems for years. She is fine to talk to one to one but has struggled for a long time to keep independent which on the whole she has achieved. She had a responsible job.

Looks as though she will lose a large chunk of her benefts which will make her more isolated and desperate than ever. She's appealing. She was interviewed and it's obvious to those who know her that her honesty & fact that she is articulate doesn't help her case.

Please pray the DWP/Benefits Agency will reconsider their decision favourably, otherwise her health will deteriorate drastically.
Add- she is a lovely person & tries so hard. If all goes wrong i can see her going to bed and not getting up again.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:58:04 PM by Robinson »
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Robbie

Re: Prayers asked for retired lady
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »
Thanks to all who have prayed for L (29 views up until now).
There is some hopeful progress but no word on one particular aspect of her problem which is causing her anxiety.
Please continue to pray and I will keep you up to date.

Thank you again.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »
Moderator Note this thread is on the Prayer board and as such posters should follow the guidelines for this board. Posts that are not in line with those guidelines will be removed.

Sassy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
I know someone, woman on her own, who has had severe mental health problems for years. She is fine to talk to one to one but has struggled for a long time to keep independent which on the whole she has achieved. She had a responsible job.

Looks as though she will lose a large chunk of her benefts which will make her more isolated and desperate than ever. She's appealing. She was interviewed and it's obvious to those who know her that her honesty & fact that she is articulate doesn't help her case.

Please pray the DWP/Benefits Agency will reconsider their decision favourably, otherwise her health will deteriorate drastically.
Add- she is a lovely person & tries so hard. If all goes wrong i can see her going to bed and not getting up again.
will remember in prayers.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Robbie

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 07:35:49 PM »
Thank you.

Sassy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 01:05:55 AM »
Robinson,

Heard anything yet?
 :)
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Robbie

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 10:49:45 PM »
Kind of you to ask.
We are just waiting on one thing,quite important.
Thanks for your prayers and please keep them up.

I'll let you know as soon as i know myself.

Robbie

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 11:55:11 PM »
Not much of an update but a letter went off to the people concerned today in support of previous. I posted it myself.

Ms L is worried they may already have made a decision regarding PIP before that letter arrives on Monday. Not much we can do about that unless the decision is in her favour. We hope so, if not she will appeal.

Thanks again for support.

Sassy

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 04:02:01 AM »
I am sure everything will work out okay.xx

Robbie

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Thanks Sassy. It's understandable that she's worried. I made a call on her Friday evening & took the letter to post next day, they should receive it on Monday. Everything that can be done has been done. Now we wait. Like you I have faith it will turn out alright in th endbut the waiting game is hard for someone like her.

Robbie

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »
Had message this morning at work that L had been turned down for PIP. I spoke to her briefly on 'phone & it would appear she received the letter on Saturday just as I was posting her additional letter! My main impression is that L is deeply humiliated by this, I said I'd try to pop in around lunch time in between my appointments but I got no answer when I rang the doorbell so I've come home for a little while.

When I've had a bite to eat I'll call again on my way back to work. This can be taken further, i have all the necessary info but also have a feeling L won't want to appeal again.

She's not destitute by any means but the 176 a month made a signficant difference, meant she didn't have unnecessary anxiety or panic if she had to go out to buy food or to appointments.

Thanks for prayers.
Just had text, she says she's fine. Good.
--------------
Tuesday - Liz has a positive attitude, is reorganising things to make life easier without transport -  she's very impressive. Does not want to try further appeal at present. I & others will be keeping an eye  on her.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:17:02 AM by Robinson »

Sassy

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 03:22:14 AM »
I have won a number of appeals. Tell her not to give up. To go and ask for help. They will ensure she gets the right help.xx
Friends of ours who took their appeal for their adult son to the courts, and included medical evidence didn't even have to speak.
She was awarded the highest rate of both having received lower and middle rate for years in the past.
Tell her NOT to give up but to see a welfare rights adviser .

Robbie

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 02:49:43 PM »
I can't tell her what  to do Sassy, the decision is hers. She has been very well advised. She also seems particularly well & positive  at the moment, I was worried her mental health would take a down turn.
So I  bow out  for now except for the odd visit, she knows how to reach me if I'm needed. 

I see a lot of people in comparable and worse situations, she's in a better  position than many especially  if she keeps well.

I'm grateful for your prayers and will  ask again if thingsch ange.