Author Topic: Revelation 1-22  (Read 27049 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Revelation 1-22
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 11:43:33 AM »
I reckon some people will be making 'end times' predictions 2000 years hence assuming Christianity hasn't been dispensed with.

Almighty God isn't slow in how we perceive slowness...it is because he wants everyone who can repent, to do so. The salvation science just wont work if we don't. But you already know this because you have already read what is in the, Holy Bible...haven't you??

floo

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
Almighty God isn't slow in how we perceive slowness...it is because he wants everyone who can repent, to do so. The salvation science just wont work if we don't. But you already know this because you have already read what is in the, Holy Bible...haven't you??

Science doesn't feature in the Bible! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 12:43:24 PM »
Science doesn't feature in the Bible! ::)

I've already explained Floo that it does...it's just overstated by the more important issues pertaining to life. You see, if you want your word to go over the period of say 10,000 years, intended to help people, you play down the bits that people wont understand until they reach an intellectual level where they might understand and at that time they wont tell you in a manner to suit Floo...they will tell us in a manner that suits Jesus Christ...and he told us to expect a powerful Judgment unleashed by a fiery lake of sulphur and I simply want to help you and anyone else who rejects righteousness a helping hand in being saved.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »
Soon...here...means imminently...
Not the question I asked Nick.
Go back and read the question.
If you cannot accurately understand a simple question then I can only conclude that your so called accurate understanding of 'science' is flawed, greatly flawed.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 03:24:30 PM »
Your definition of science is an NM construct. ::)

Any god who would consign people to a lake of fire for mere unbelief is beyond evil. >:(

Your not reading what is written Floo just rebounding back with more of the same antiChristian stuff.

If a planet, Biblically called Wormwood, comes around every few thousand years and you are warned to follow a certain path because you will not be saved from it otherwise, that is down to you. Almighty God and Jesus Christ have done their part...now you must do yours. It's ok to ignore the warning...but it seems such a waste...especially amid all the promises made to those who are saved.

BeRational

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 03:31:33 PM »
Your not reading what is written Floo just rebounding back with more of the same antiChristian stuff.

If a planet, Biblically called Wormwood, comes around every few thousand years and you are warned to follow a certain path because you will not be saved from it otherwise, that is down to you. Almighty God and Jesus Christ have done their part...now you must do yours. It's ok to ignore the warning...but it seems such a waste...especially amid all the promises made to those who are saved.

We know it does NOT come round, otherwise the orbits of the planets would be different to what they are.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Owlswing

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »

If your Almighty God will not initiate the "End Times" until we all repent it ain't gonna happen 'cos I ain't repenting NOTHING! Not nohow!

Tough luck NM - no apocalypse for you!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 04:18:54 PM »

You're alluding to the letter of 2Peter (3:9) where the author tries to save face because he was already, in those decades after the Crucifixion*, being harassed for an explanation as to why God hadn't already wound up 'this system of things' as they'd been told Christ and Paul had said (the text of the NT makes the implication of imminent End quite clear).

Of course, this didn't stop countless 'enthusiasts' throughout history still expecting the End to be "just round the corner". In this sense, Nick, you're just one in a long line of self-styled prophets, though most of the previous crowd have probably been just a little less free in their interpretation of biblical text. Well, they were all wrong. But of course, you're different.....

You might like to take a little instruction from the lessons of history (though the idea of being instructed probably doesn't appeal). William Miller for instance. Miller was a Baptist preacher who predicted the End of the World for certain on various dates between 1843 - 1844, the final fiasco being known as The Great Disappointment. Unfortunately, many of his followers had sold up their businesses and homes in expectation of the End. There is one detail which does have some tangential relevance to yourself, given your enthusiasm for "The New World Translation". Several offshoots of Miller's teaching survived, and continue as sects to this day - particularly the Seventh Day Adventists, who greatly influenced Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses. The JWs, of course, are notorious for their predictions of imminent Armageddon, and have given at least ten dates for the same since their foundation (the last specific and of course fallacious one being 1975). I don't suppose they're likely to clasp you to their bosom, though, despite the good word you put in for them. They're far too authoritarian, and your free-associative ramblings would not be welcome in the headquarters of Watchtower Inc.

*The letter attributed to Peter probably dates from the 2nd century, long after the original Peter was dead, if indeed there was an original Peter in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:22:50 PM by Dicky Underpants »
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

NicholasMarks

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
If your Almighty God will not initiate the "End Times" until we all repent it ain't gonna happen 'cos I ain't repenting NOTHING! Not nohow!

Tough luck NM - no apocalypse for you!

Your twisting words Owlswing...It don't matter...It will come, it will go...and those who are saved will be saved in a new heavens and a new Earth and those that wont be saved...well they wont.

I've just posted this youtube on my other post theme...I advise you to watch it as well as ippy. But we make our own choices on these sensitive issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39a7nbf8ro4

NicholasMarks

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
You're alluding to the letter of 2Peter (3:9) where the author tries to save face because he was already, in those decades after the Crucifixion*, being harassed for an explanation as to why God hadn't already wound up 'this system of things' as they'd been told Christ and Paul had said (the text of the NT makes the implication of imminent End quite clear).

Of course, this didn't stop countless 'enthusiasts' throughout history still expecting the End to be "just round the corner". In this sense, Nick, you're just one in a long line of self-styled prophets, though most of the previous crowd have probably been just a little less free in their interpretation of biblical text. Well, they were all wrong. But of course, you're different.....

You might like to take a little instruction from the lessons of history (though the idea of being instructed probably doesn't appeal). William Miller for instance. Miller was a Baptist preacher who predicted the End of the World for certain on various dates between 1843 - 1844, the final fiasco being known as The Great Disappointment. Unfortunately, many of his followers had sold up their businesses and homes in expectation of the End. There is one detail which does have some tangential relevance to yourself, given your enthusiasm for "The New World Translation". Several offshoots of Miller's teaching survived, and continue as sects to this day - particularly the Seventh Day Adventists, who greatly influenced Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses. The JWs, of course, are notorious for their predictions of imminent Armageddon, and have given at least ten dates for the same since their foundation (the last specific and of course fallacious one being 1975). I don't suppose they're likely to clasp you to their bosom, though, despite the good word you put in for them. They're far too authoritarian, and your free-associative ramblings would not be welcome in the headquarters of Watchtower Inc.

*The letter attributed to Peter probably dates from the 2nd century, long after the original Peter was dead, if indeed there was an original Peter in the first place.

Thank you Dicky for your very well thought out post. I realise that there are many confusing issues on the points I make about the end days. We don't know exactly when but the signs are now stronger than ever.

I've enclosed a youtube video on a previous post...I wont do it again, here, but advise anyone interested in what is going on around the world, right now, to have a look...and I can tell you it is being hidden from general view whilst those in the know and have the money to spare are building luxury bunkers for themselves and other nefarious behaviours which is all available for us to view, at the moment, through youtube. A behaviour pattern protecting the few but not many others. In fact, there are stark warnings for those who find themselves in need of help.

I'm saying, no need for all of that...just follow Jesus accurately and leave the rest to the Gospels and the hope in Jesus for his resurrection promises which include all who ever lived. That is the power of this indestructible energy, called here...God' fountain of living waters.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »
We know it does NOT come round, otherwise the orbits of the planets would be different to what they are.

I could go into orbital patterns with you BeRational but I'm not sure you would grasp my point there anymore than you grasp my point here. All the planets are currently showing gravitational distress, according to  many researchers...none more so than planet Earth.

Now, to fit into my understanding there are 3 aspects to orbital motion.

i....pulled to the sun by gravity.
2...then slipping into weightlessness.
3...then expelled away from the sun by centrifugal force.
4...then leaving the sun, creating an elliptical orbit before slipping into weightlessness again so that gravity can take control yet again...pulling the planet back.

So, you see the problem isn't so easy to resolve as you seem to think...but there is no guessing when Wormwood will be at its most dangerous, so I reckon that's just as long as we have to repent effectively.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:17:02 PM by NicholasMarks »

SusanDoris

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »
Nicholas Marks

Two points:
1. You know something? I'll take Prof Brian cox's word over yours every time!!
2. Why don't you come clean, own up, admit, that you know that all this tripe you have been typing for years is just one big wind up, a con, a falsehood, an attempt at world domination, etc?
:)

The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Walter

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »
I could go into orbital patterns with you BeRational but I'm not sure you would grasp my point there anymore than you grasp my point here. All the planets are currently showing gravitational distress, according to  many researchers...none more so than planet Earth.

4...then leaving the sun, creating an elliptical orbit before slipping into weightlessness again so that gravity can take control yet again...pulling the planet back.

So, you see the problem isn't so easy to resolve as you seem to think...but there is no guessing when Wormwood will be at its most dangerous, so I reckon that's just as long as we have to repent effectively.
look Nick, you've got a good gig going on here , don't ruin it . Some of us have studied real science so don't embarrass yourself. You can fool some of the people some of the time......................

NicholasMarks

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »
Name the researchers claiming planets including Earth are suffering from 'gravitational distress'! I looked the term up on google and could find nothing to support your claim.

Here is one account of it all Floo...Gravitational Distress is my term for when things go wrong in the planets because that is usually what causes it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3uhv6oVWg

NicholasMarks

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 07:17:33 PM »
Nicholas Marks

Two points:
1. You know something? I'll take Prof Brian cox's word over yours every time!!
2. Why don't you come clean, own up, admit, that you know that all this tripe you have been typing for years is just one big wind up, a con, a falsehood, an attempt at world domination, etc?
:)

World domination is something we should all have huge concerns about at the moment Susan. But I'm afraid that as many are reading the signs as are reading the Holy Bible. How the Holy Bible can be considered tripe when many many people have found so much truth in it and so many tyrants, with a little alteration, have tried to build it into their systems of oppression, plus the fact that it is currently showing us the birth pains, expressed in Revelation, creeping up on us all, so graphically...let's not forget that the Jews under the direction of Almighty God, started it all.

I suggest you ask Brian Cox how all this indisputable, dynamic energy, entombed inside every atom and which has a wonderful explanation embodied within Bible teaching, can help you get saved from imminent disaster, if Jesus Christ can't.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 07:23:29 PM »
look Nick, you've got a good gig going on here , don't ruin it . Some of us have studied real science so don't embarrass yourself. You can fool some of the people some of the time......................

It's the only explanation, Walter. This is why space objects can be slung out such great distances and still return. The pendulum uses a similar trick and I have put this knowledge to good use in my own life experiences. There is a moment in orbital motion when a body becomes weightless and this is the signal for centrifugal force to switch to gravity and vice versa.

ps...This why, when the planets were ejected out of our sun they fell into orbital motion and didn't just keep going.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:27:18 PM by NicholasMarks »

Walter

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 07:26:05 PM »
Here is one account of it all Floo...Gravitational Distress is my term for when things go wrong in the planets because that is usually what causes it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km3uhv6oVWg
hahahahahahahaah! you're good.

ippy

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »
Your twisting words Owlswing...It don't matter...It will come, it will go...and those who are saved will be saved in a new heavens and a new Earth and those that wont be saved...well they wont.

I've just posted this youtube on my other post theme...I advise you to watch it as well as ippy. But we make our own choices on these sensitive issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39a7nbf8ro4

Why do you keep banging out such a load of old tosh Nick, all without a shred of evidence that would support the veracity of, up until now, of any of it?

I reckon you're like a few others that post on the forum and unfortunately for all of you, you are more susceptible to childhood indoctrination than most, it must be so or you lot wouldn't keep on with this load of religion based old tripe.

ippy 

Owlswing

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 08:11:28 PM »

NM

I am sorry, but I have just read through all your posts on  this thread and more than a few on others.

I very much regret that there is only one logical conclusion to which I can attribute the things that you write.

You are without doubt one of the biggest, if not THE BIGGEST, WUM ever!

This being the case I can safely ignore you as this is, of course, the only treatment for what you are doing - no audience = no-one to wind up!

One last point - when, or if, you ever find someone else who agres with your version of the was of things get them to join this Forum so we can see that you are not alone.

Farewell  WUM NM 
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 09:34:07 PM »
NM

I am sorry, but I have just read through all your posts on  this thread and more than a few on others.

I very much regret that there is only one logical conclusion to which I can attribute the things that you write.

This being the case I can safely ignore you as this is, of course, the only treatment for what you are doing - no audience = no-one to wind up!

One last point - when, or if, you ever find someone else who agres with your version of the was of things get them to join this Forum so we can see that you are not alone.

Farewell  WUM NM

I'm sorry you see things that way Owlswing but the subject is so deep and intense that without the open mindedness that righteousness induces and occasionally reading the various books in the Holy Bible you become like a little boy, with no musical knowledge, who sits down at a piano for the first time and tries to play Beethoven's 5th...it will not happen...So...get yourself a good copy of the Holy Bible and start the technical detail first...then you may become an accomplished technician in the righteous arts than can save you.

ippy

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 11:23:04 PM »
NM

Farewell  WUM NM

Owl whilst you may have a point, I have to say for N M although his posts might be a bit off key, I'm sure he is a very sincere man and I've never known him to be anything less than polite no matterwhat he has chucked at him.

Regards ippy

BeRational

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 11:24:37 PM »

It is easy to resolve.
The planet's are not in orbital stress.
They are stable.
There is  no evidence for this planet you have been told about.
It is false.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Owlswing

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »

I'm sorry you see things that way Owlswing but the subject is so deep and intense that without the open mindedness that righteousness induces and occasionally reading the various books in the Holy Bible you become like a little boy, with no musical knowledge, who sits down at a piano for the first time and tries to play Beethoven's 5th...it will not happen...So...get yourself a good copy of the Holy Bible and start the technical detail first...then you may become an accomplished technician in the righteous arts than can save you.

I have read the Bible, I was, for the first 15 years of my life, brought up as Hoigh Church Anglican - my father's faith.

Unfortunately, at 15, I grew up and realised the hypocrisy and arrant nonsence that the Bible contains, hence my conversion to Paganism.

Owlswing

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 02:01:09 AM »

Owl whilst you may have a point, I have to say for N M although his posts might be a bit off key, I'm sure he is a very sincere man and I've never known him to be anything less than polite no matterwhat he has chucked at him.

Regards ippy

Ippy

In my view that is precisely why he is so much of a joke - he actually believes the crap he posts.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »
It is easy to resolve.
The planet's are not in orbital stress.
They are stable.
There is  no evidence for this planet you have been told about.
It is false.

The problem is that when a planet becomes distressed its gravity is being altered but its long established gravity patterns maintain the equilibrium and so heat is induced and the various knock on effects that that causes. I have put a youtube video on here recently that scientifically explains some of the many disturbances that are happening in all the planets over recent years but the evidence of what is happening here on planet Earth is undeniable, suggesting what many researchers are saying...that is...that the fact that Wormwood is well on its way is quite true..

ps...busy day today so don't expect any fast responses.