Author Topic: Mum has terminal cancer  (Read 2634 times)

Sassy

Re: Mum has terminal cancer
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 12:25:37 PM »
Thank you Sass. All is well.

Funny things happen - I've had a bit of a cold, cough and sore throat with mild fever. Nothing much. Would you believe my old dad came round with Night Nurse and home made soup from his freezer! I shrieked that I didn't want him to catch my germs to which he replied, "I've had the 'flu jab". I told him that doesn't protect him from other things but he was unperturbed. The soup was lovely.

I'm off to work now. Thanks for your prayers.
keep wrapped up warm and god bless your dad and tell him the flu jab will just mean his flu is a milder form of it. Look after yourself.x
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Robbie

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »
I'm fine thanks, it was only a mild thing that I had. My dad didn't have 'flu or anything else, bless him. He's alright.

All over now, all went well, thank goodness. Guests gone home.

Thanks for support.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Sassy

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2018, 08:04:40 AM »
I'm fine thanks, it was only a mild thing that I had. My dad didn't have 'flu or anything else, bless him. He's alright.

All over now, all went well, thank goodness. Guests gone home.

Thanks for support.

Just reminded me to get my jab, still not done. Feeling much better. The Ventalin I was on helped with my chest and I am getting back to normal now.  Glad your guests gone home, hope you won't feel too lonely as I did when my mum passed. Nothing seemed the same not even the family home, as if the light had gone out of it. Life is too short Robbie, Live it to the full for yourself and your family. Take Care. xx
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Robbie

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »
Thank you Sassy, we're all fine. Hope you are too.

Sassy

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2018, 10:52:20 AM »
Thank you Sassy, we're all fine. Hope you are too.

Hi Robbie, A lot to catch up on.  How is your dad all these months later and how are you?

Just had a bout of flu and I am wondering if jab necessary now as it is once again due.

Keep safe. x

Robbie

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2018, 06:08:06 PM »
Sorry you've had 'flu, takes a while to recover from that. I last had it nearly two years ago, was horrible. Dunno if you need the flu jab, ask at a pharmacy or your GP practice.

My dad is fine. He was 92 at beginning September. We all went away for a week in May to Filey to see rellies, he stayed with one of my mum's cousins, also a widower & retired teacher. My sister and I & our husbands rented a house nearby, two of our children & partners came up for a few days. We had a great time including swimming, riding, theatre, lots of good food and company.

My husband was 60 last month, we went away for a few days to see our eldest who is working abroad.

I'm alright but v tired.

Sassy

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:27 PM »
Sorry you've had 'flu, takes a while to recover from that. I last had it nearly two years ago, was horrible. Dunno if you need the flu jab, ask at a pharmacy or your GP practice.

My dad is fine. He was 92 at beginning September. We all went away for a week in May to Filey to see rellies, he stayed with one of my mum's cousins, also a widower & retired teacher. My sister and I & our husbands rented a house nearby, two of our children & partners came up for a few days. We had a great time including swimming, riding, theatre, lots of good food and company.

My husband was 60 last month, we went away for a few days to see our eldest who is working abroad.

I'm alright but v tired.

Such good news, ((Robbie)) sounds really idyllic and you had such a wonderful time.  Might rent a house ourselves next year in Devon and get some well earned rest in sea air. :)