Author Topic: flowers of manchester  (Read 597 times)

wigginhall

flowers of manchester
« on: February 06, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
Remembering all the boys who died at Munich, 6 February 1958, players, coaches, and journalists, never forgotten.   #flowers of manchester.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

floo

Re: flowers of manchester
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:35:40 PM »
Remembering all the boys who died at Munich, 6 February 1958, players, coaches, and journalists, never forgotten.   #flowers of manchester.

I was eight at the time, but I remember hearing about it on the news. :( Man U was one of the teams my sports loving father supported.

Sassy

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:43:38 AM »
I wasn't born and my mum expecting one of my older sisters. My grandmother a staunch fan and her mother, brothers and sisters.  My grandmother spent all her savings on flowers for the team and two of my brothers were named after members of the team. Duncan Edwards my middle brother called Duncan Edward. I know in life this is a sad memory for many and it brings back memories from my grandmother an avid paying fan and my uncle. We always remember and my Gran kept the newspaper cuttings from the days. May they rest in peace.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Constable Dogberry

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 11:23:08 PM »
I was six. I dimly remember it.
Si vis pacem, para pacem.