Author Topic: French Gendarme  (Read 859 times)

enki

French Gendarme
« on: March 24, 2018, 11:11:15 AM »
Just a tribute to the French gendarme, Arnaud Beltrame, who died after swapping himself for a hostage in the supermarket siege. It was an act of selfless courage on his part, and France are, I'm sure, justifiably proud of what he did.
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

Gordon

• Administrator
Re: French Gendarme
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »
Indeed: an astonishing act of selflessness.

We should spare a thought too for the lady he replaced as a hostage, since I'd imagine she must be especially distraught at this outcome.

floo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 03:30:02 PM »
Indeed: an astonishing act of selflessness.

We should spare a thought too for the lady he replaced as a hostage, since I'd imagine she must be especially distraught at this outcome.

Good point.

Rhiannon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 09:33:23 PM »
So courageous.

Gabriella

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »
Very brave, selfless and tragic. I feel for his family. He was due to get married in June and the wedding ceremony took place in the hospital hours before he died. 

Mr Beltrame’s mother told RTL radio that, for her son, ‘to defend the homeland’ was ‘his reason to live’. ‘He would have said to me, ‘I’m doing my job, Mom, nothing more’,’ she said.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/27/hero-arnaud-beltrame-throat-slashed-french-hostage-taking-trebes-carcassone-attack-7419539/?ito=cbshare
“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

Sassy

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »
Very brave, selfless and tragic. I feel for his family. He was due to get married in June and the wedding ceremony took place in the hospital hours before he died. 

Mr Beltrame’s mother told RTL radio that, for her son, ‘to defend the homeland’ was ‘his reason to live’. ‘He would have said to me, ‘I’m doing my job, Mom, nothing more’,’ she said.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/27/hero-arnaud-beltrame-throat-slashed-french-hostage-taking-trebes-carcassone-attack-7419539/?ito=cbshare

It was more than his Job.  How sad in this day and age such awful things can happen. No greater love can a person have than to lay down their life for another. I am sure he has the rest his courage has deservedly earned. His family can be proud and the woman he saved should mourn but be grateful and live everyday to the fullest in the memory and honour of what he did.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."