Author Topic: Topic for going off topic  (Read 113149 times)

Littleroses

Re: Topic for going off topic
« Reply #1350 on: August 28, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
I don't think I have ever seen such a large house spider as the one I came across on the hall ceiling this morning. It was as large as the tarantula spiders I used to own, although not hairy like them.

Blokey McBlokeface

« Reply #1351 on: September 02, 2020, 07:40:03 AM »
Headlines on ''Microsoft News' this morning: "PM to face MPs at PMQs", and "[Tom] Cruise rents cruise ship for filming". Are they having a laugh?
Quhen Rigour sittis in the Tribunall,
The equitie of Law quha may sustene?
Richt few or nane, but mercie gang betwene.
Robert Henrysoun.

SusanDoris

« Reply #1352 on: September 08, 2020, 12:30:42 PM »
This morning I have spent 35 minutes in the gym just testing out my fitness. Because of the more or less daily walking I've been doing, treadmill and reclined bike no problem. Ad and abductor - resistance one notch lower, but it was really nice to be back.

The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Trentvoyager

• Administrator
« Reply #1354 on: October 02, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
SO you will all know the clickbait that appears on your screen to lure you into advertisements.

You know the type "Last photos of people before they die horribly" or "50 starlets you've never heard of - then and now pictures". Well one lure keeps cropping up on my feed regularly, saying "Last tragic picture of Dusty Springfield" this appears below a photograph of the very much alive Petula Clark.

Somebody on the interweb doesn't know their British Divas very well >:(
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 06:45:15 PM by Trentvoyager »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1355 on: October 02, 2020, 04:27:27 PM »
There's a great programme to be made about British Divas.

Blokey McBlokeface

« Reply #1356 on: October 03, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »
There's a great programme to be made about British Divas.
Starting with Tom Daley?
Quhen Rigour sittis in the Tribunall,
The equitie of Law quha may sustene?
Richt few or nane, but mercie gang betwene.
Robert Henrysoun.

SusanDoris

« Reply #1357 on: October 17, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
The strip light in the kitchen half of my kitchen/dining room stopped working this morning. I phoned the local builder (who actually lived in this close when younger)  and left a message asking what he could suggest.
Knoing that he is a very kind man, I was not surprised when he called round about an hour-and-a-half later, saw the problem, went off to get two new strips, came back and fitted them and has just gone. Wwe are so fortunate here to know people like that. He knows how much I rely on good light and put things right for me for which of course I am most grateful.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

ippy

« Reply #1358 on: October 17, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »
The strip light in the kitchen half of my kitchen/dining room stopped working this morning. I phoned the local builder (who actually lived in this close when younger)  and left a message asking what he could suggest.
Knoing that he is a very kind man, I was not surprised when he called round about an hour-and-a-half later, saw the problem, went off to get two new strips, came back and fitted them and has just gone. Wwe are so fortunate here to know people like that. He knows how much I rely on good light and put things right for me for which of course I am most grateful.

Good P R is one of the best ways of getting more work, staying in business, fortunately it comes naturally to the larger number of people in this line of work.

All the best to you SD, ippy.