Author Topic: The Sun Will Be Darkened  (Read 20004 times)

NicholasMarks

The Sun Will Be Darkened
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:57:31 AM »
Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Matthew 24:29          Isaiah 13:10          Revelation 6:13.

To the franchise holder of God’s ‘Grand Unification of All the Universal Forces’ this line from the Holy Bible can only mean one thing…The planet Earth is going to break out of its gravitational moorings. Due to all the abuses inflicted upon it the planet will suddenly, and without warning, centrifugally lurch beyond its normal orbit and pass to a new orbital position leaving the moon and the sun behind, and giving the impression that the stars are falling to the Earth.

The clues are all around us…global warming…the global, atmospheric, trumpet sounds, that have no apparent cause…the earthquakes and sink-holes that spring out of nowhere…all given adequate account of on YouTube and are telling us of the stresses and strains the world is having to resist.

The trauma is well recorded in the surrounding Biblical verses giving us the indication that those who are well prepared for it in a righteous and enduring way will be able to cope best and will survive especially with the mechanics of resurrection in their favour.

Sebastian Toe

Re: The Sun Will Be Darkened
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 10:37:32 AM »

To the franchise holder of God’s ‘Grand Unification of All the Universal Forces’ this line from the Holy Bible can only mean one thing…The planet Earth is going to break out of its gravitational moorings. Due to all the abuses inflicted upon it the planet will suddenly, and without warning, centrifugally lurch beyond its normal orbit and pass to a new orbital position leaving the moon and the sun behind, and giving the impression that the stars are falling to the Earth.

How will the centrifugal force 'suddenly' force the earth from it's position?

Do you know what centrifugal force actually is?

Is the Earth still going to remain as part of the solar system when it reaches it's new position?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »
Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

The clues are all around us…global warming…the global, atmospheric, trumpet sounds, that have no apparent cause…the earthquakes and sink-holes that spring out of nowhere…all given adequate account of on YouTube and are telling us of the stresses and strains the world is having to resist.

The trauma is well recorded in the surrounding Biblical verses giving us the indication that those who are well prepared for it in a righteous and enduring way will be able to cope best and will survive especially with the mechanics of resurrection in their favour.

Oh dear, LA, LA LAND NM! ::) I don't remember sink holes being recorded in the Bible! Sink holes are often caused by disused underground mines. Global warming has a known cause, earthquakes are due to seismic activity! 'Trumpet sounds? If you are hearing trumpet sounds in your head, get medical help!

NicholasMarks

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
How will the centrifugal force 'suddenly' force the earth from it's position?

Do you know what centrifugal force actually is?

Is the Earth still going to remain as part of the solar system when it reaches it's new position?

Orbital  motion comprises of three separate forces each playing their part.

Pendulum motion explains it best whereby gravity gives way to centrifugal force which continues until a weightless force allows gravity to return. This is why our orbital path is elliptical. So the nasty disturbances we are creating on this planet will certainly put this planet under a great load...and WW3 will probably be the last straw.

The Holy Bible does indicate that the planet will remain part of the solar system but much further away from the sun and life will be very different.

It seems that the planet is now struggling to maintain the status quo hence all the unexpected and unusual global disturbances which, it seems, has aroused the interest of scientists from other worlds.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:13:25 AM by NicholasMarks »

floo

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 11:49:13 AM »

Pendulum motion explains it best whereby gravity gives way to centrifugal force which continues until a weightless force allows gravity to return. This is why our orbital path is elliptical. So the nasty disturbances we are creating on this planet will certainly put this planet under a great load...and WW3 will probably be the last straw.

The Holy Bible does indicate that the planet will remain part of the solar system but much further away from the sun and life will be very different.

It seems that the planet is now struggling to maintain the status quo hence all the unexpected and unusual global disturbances which, it seems, has aroused the interest of scientists from other worlds.

Chapter and verse?

Outrider

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »

I'll presume that the idea of the moon giving off light is poetic. Whilst the moon does emit radiation of its own, that radiation tends to be in the infra-red range, and certainly isn't in the visible spectrum: the visible spectrum radiation that appears to come from the moon is almost entirely reflected sunlight.

To the franchise holder of God’s ‘Grand Unification of All the Universal Forces’ this line from the Holy Bible can only mean one thing…The planet Earth is going to break out of its gravitational moorings.

Whilst there is a slim chance that might happen due to impact from another celestial body, the impact required to shift Earth out of it's orbit is such that there wouldn't be anyone left alive to notice the lights going out.

Due to all the abuses inflicted upon it the planet will suddenly, and without warning, centrifugally lurch beyond its normal orbit and pass to a new orbital position leaving the moon and the sun behind, and giving the impression that the stars are falling to the Earth.

That's absolute nonsense. Humanity lacks the capacity to harness enough energy in any one place to seriously affect the orbit of the Earth. If the Earth were dislodged from its orbit by such a gradual means there's no reason to think the moon would not shift with it.

Global warming is a pressing social issue, but of the likely impacts it has a sudden gravitational lurch that throw the Earth out of its orbit isn't one of them. This sort of deluded stupidity is part of what's undermining coherent, consistent action on the causes of climate change.

I have no idea what the 'global, atmospheric trumpet sounds that have no apparent cause' you are referring to might be. I've no idea, in fact, if they actually exist at all, I've never heard of them - could you perhaps give a link or a reference?

Fairly rigorous investigation shows that there is no apparent change in the overall frequency or intensity of earthquakes over the last few centuries. As mankind has spread there have been more human effects, and as global communications have improved there has been more popular awareness of their existence, but that doesn't change the actual incidences.

Sink-holes do not 'spring out of nowhere', their causes are pretty well understood. That we aren't particularly good at identifying the warning signs - when there are warning signs that we could see - does not mean that they are some sort of mystic occurrence.

Finally, whilst YouTube is an interesting and thought-provoking community, it's not renowned for its peer-review process or editorial ethics - I'd suggest if you hear claims on there you find a reputable source to verify the claims before you go and regurgitate them in public.

There are traumas that are well-recorded in any number of works of heroic fiction, from the Belgariad through Harry Potter to the Lord of the Rings, and all of them could be poetically or allegorically read to reflect reality - that doesn't make Kal-Torak, Voldemort or Sauron or their alleged threats a reality.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Outrider

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 12:00:14 PM »

A pure orbital motion actually involves no forces at all - if it did, work would be being done by the orbit, and that system would have run out of energy and collapsed an awfully long time ago.

Orbits are purely - entirely, singularly - down to the effects of gravity, which is not actually a force (though it's often convenient to think of it as one)

Pendulum motion explains it best whereby gravity gives way to centrifugal force which continues until a weightless force allows gravity to return.

A pendulum oscillates between gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy. A centripetal force acts to constrain the movement and cause the accelerations that result in the changes of energy.

This is why our orbital path is elliptical.

No, it isn't.

So the nasty disturbances we are creating on this planet will certainly put this planet under a great load...and WW3 will probably be the last straw.

Even if WW3 were to occur, we lack the technical capacity to generate the forces required to significantly disturb the Earth's orbital movements.

It also indicates that grasshoppers have four legs... Just saying.

It seems as though human effects are disrupting some of the balances of the Earth's biosphere, certainly. There is no mechanism that we're aware of that would convert that to a disruption of the celestial mechanics that control the Earth's orbit.

O.

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

NicholasMarks

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 12:51:06 PM »
Outrider/Floo

My trust is in the Holy Bible which tells us the last stroke that evil will inflict upon this planet, describing it in the Biblical passages listed in the opening post.  Even before it, nations will rise against nations and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in diverse places…You cannot blame me from trying to save you all.

You talk as if you know what gravity is Outrider, but I’m afraid you don’t and cannot possibly know unless you are conversant with ‘The Grand Unification of the Key Universal Forces’…and if you understood these you would certainly be a lot less derisory about the Holy Bible and Jesus’ righteous teaching…still…we can’t all be saved.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 01:11:19 PM »

Ah Sparkster, I see that you have a new toy to play with ie WW3  ::)

Funny that you didn't mention it in your last foray here!
What has happened between then and now for you to bring it into your 'predictions'?

So, when is it due?.......
Don't tell me, it is 'just around the corner', 'soon', 'imminent'?  :-\  ::) ::) ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »
Ah Sparkster, I see that you have a new toy to play with ie WW3  ::)

Funny that you didn't mention it in your last foray here!
What has happened between then and now for you to bring it into your 'predictions'?

So, when is it due?.......
Don't tell me, it is 'just around the corner', 'soon', 'imminent'?  :-\  ::) ::) ::)

If you had been reading your Holy Bible Sebastian you would be aware of it too...but must now rely on others who are reading it for you so that you can be prepared in the same way I will be prepared...by taking in the accurate word of Jesus Christ.

But really you don't need anyone else but your own logic to tell you that if you screw a planet for all it is worth it will eventually crumble under wars, poisonous waste and a whole host of unhappy people relying on the devious to guide them.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 01:25:41 PM »
If you had been reading your Holy Bible Sebastian you would be aware of it too...but must now rely on others who are reading it for you so that you can be prepared in the same way I will be prepared...by taking in the accurate word of Jesus Christ.

But really you don't need anyone else but your own logic to tell you that if you screw a planet for all it is worth it will eventually crumble under wars, poisonous waste and a whole host of unhappy people relying on the devious to guide them.

Funny though that you only start mentioning it now though?
If you had been reading your Holy Bible before now, why not mention it then, why wait?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:46:32 PM by Sebastian Toe »
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »
NM takes a literalist approach to the Bible,  then sets his overactive imagination to work! He isn't exactly convincing! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Floo, Sebastian:

The Holy Bible reveals its messages slowly and in a manner that is understandable by the recipient. All very necessary because the messages are very deep, and complex, we might almost say profound.

But what you should be saying to yourselves is how can I protect myself and bring myself into the flock of faithful who will be saved??

Well don't expect any favours...you must expect to pay for every sin that has your name on it...and this is the sure-fire way of reinforcing your genetic strength...but that's another story.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 02:02:43 PM »
NM,

My trust is in the Holy Bible which tells us...

No doubt it is, just as lots of people put their trust in lots of other "holy" texts entirely.

As we know that you get all the science horrendously wrong though, can you suggest any reason at all why your personal trust in something should be persuasive for anyone else? 
"Don't make me come down there."

God

floo

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 02:28:13 PM »
Floo, Sebastian:

The Holy Bible reveals its messages slowly and in a manner that is understandable by the recipient. All very necessary because the messages are very deep, and complex, we might almost say profound.

But what you should be saying to yourselves is how can I protect myself and bring myself into the flock of faithful who will be saved??

Well don't expect any favours...you must expect to pay for every sin that has your name on it...and this is the sure-fire way of reinforcing your genetic strength...but that's another story.

Blimey NM, I thought your posts were pretty surreal before your prolonged absence from the forum, but you have now excelled yourself in the realms of fanciful speculation!

Spud

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 02:40:11 PM »
Nick,

J B Jordan summarizes what this verse means in his book Through New Eyes, in which he deals with symbolism in the Bible.
The context is that it is "after the distress of those days" (Mt. 24:29). Jordan takes this to mean the destruction of Jerusalem.
The words you have quoted refer to what happens after that event. In the Old Testament the sun, moon and stars are used to symbolize Israel, Babylon, Egypt, and the nations in general. In the New Testament they symbolize Israel and the nations in general (the prophecy in Joel 2:28-32 has more specific reference to Israel, and is a reference to Pentecost and the destruction of Jerusalem). After the destruction of Jerusalem, the nations and empires of the world, symbolized in Mt 24:29 by the heavenly lights, will be removed and replaced by the light of the sun of righteousness (Malachi 4:2) in the kingdom of God.

floo

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 02:45:08 PM »
Nick,

J B Jordan summarizes what this verse means in his book Through New Eyes, in which he deals with symbolism in the Bible.
The context is that it is "after the distress of those days" (Mt. 24:29). Jordan takes this to mean the destruction of Jerusalem.
The words you have quoted refer to what happens after that event. In the Old Testament the sun, moon and stars are used to symbolize Israel, Babylon, Egypt, and the nations in general. In the New Testament they symbolize Israel and the nations in general (the prophecy in Joel 2:28-32 has more specific reference to Israel, and is a reference to Pentecost and the destruction of Jerusalem). After the destruction of Jerusalem, the nations and empires of the world, symbolized in Mt 24:29 by the heavenly lights, will be removed and replaced by the light of the sun of righteousness (Malachi 4:2) in the kingdom of God.

Yeh right! ::)

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
Nick,

That's all well and good, but where's WW3 in all of this?
Albert Einstein

Outrider

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »
My trust is in the Holy Bible which tells us the last stroke that evil will inflict upon this planet, describing it in the Biblical passages listed in the opening post.

My trust is in the increasingly, demonstrably successful practice of human science which suggest that this specific claim, whilst perhaps based on your understanding of Bible is - to quote another influential book - 'isn't worth a pile of foetid dingo's kidneys'

Even before it, nations will rise against nations and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in diverse places…You cannot blame me from trying to save you all.

And I hope that it never seems I'm criticising your intentions - I appreciate that you genuinely seem to think that you're reaching out to help people. It's just that you appear to have a very inconsistent grasp of reality.

You talk as if you know what gravity is Outrider, but I’m afraid you don’t and cannot possibly know unless you are conversant with ‘The Grand Unification of the Key Universal Forces’…and if you understood these you would certainly be a lot less derisory about the Holy Bible and Jesus’ righteous teaching…still…we can’t all be saved.

Know what gravity is... I don't, by any stretch, know everything about it, probably a lot less than some people. Tellingly, though, more than you. I know that it's not - in scientific terms - a force. I know that we can't generate enough force to overcome it's hold on the planet within it's orbit.

As to your 'Grand Unification of the Key Universal Forces' idea, I asked you for some details about that, and instead of providing any you just started back on your 'Holy Bible'. It might 'tie up' with your conception of this scientific hypothesis, but it doesn't demonstrate or prove it - if you want people to accept that this is science, you'll need to do the scientific work. You can't just claim authority, that's not how science works. If you believe Jesus is a scientist and God is a scientist, then emulate them - learn some science.

O.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
Floo, Sebastian:

So, when did your very slow reading of the bible reveal WW3 to you?
Albert Einstein

Bubbles

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »

That's not God,  Nicholas, that was Davros 🌹   ;)

Moving planets about to use as a cosmic machine  :)

"The stolen earth".     bwaahaha ha........
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:04:47 PM by Rose »

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 06:09:26 PM »
My trust is in the increasingly, demonstrably successful practice of human science which suggest that this specific claim, whilst perhaps based on your understanding of Bible is - to quote another influential book - 'isn't worth a pile of foetid dingo's kidneys'

Quoting scripture again Rider.....after three.....Oh when the saints,come marching in Ha Ha Ha.
Brains evolved the capacity to integrate multiple multi modal sensory input streams into a single experiential flow eons ago...

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »
Quoting scripture again Rider.....after three.....Oh when the saints,come marching in Ha Ha Ha.
Too late again, it had worn off!  :'(
Albert Einstein

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »

To the franchise holder of God’s ‘Grand Unification of All the Universal Forces’ this line from the Holy Bible can only mean one thing…The planet Earth is going to break out of its gravitational moorings.
OK, NM. Revelation 6:13 is part of an apocalyptic, revelatory passage that is written in pictorial language and isn't, therefore, stating what will literally occur. 

Isaiah 13 is a prophetic passage that again uses pictorial language and - as it says in the very first verse, refers to Babylon - suggesting that the 'earth' referred to is something different to the sphere on which we find ourselves.  After all, the words country (v5), land (v9), earth (v13) and world (v11) are all translations of the same Hebrew word ארץ (eretz).

Matthew 24:29 opens a passage that refers to the second coming of Christ.  Again, as with a lot of the chapter, it uses metaphorical and pictorial language.  Theoretically, your picture of the breaking out of its gravitational moorings could happen, but it is only one of a number of possible options.  In view of Jesus' lack of detail in regard to his second coming, is it likely that he would explain this particular stage of that second coming in such clear detail?

By the way, I have to say I enjoy your posts as it means that I have to exercise my critical faculties in very different ways to how I respond to some others here.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 07:54:41 PM »
NM takes a literalist approach to the Bible,  then sets his overactive imagination to work! He isn't exactly convincing! ::)
Its not even a literalist approach, Floo.  If it was, he would at least be taking the context into account to some degree - which his OP markedly fails to do.
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools