Author Topic: A prayer for Christmas  (Read 399 times)

SqueakyVoice

• Don't go into the cellar!
A prayer for Christmas
« on: November 27, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »
When I was 5, I prayed to God and asked him for a bike for Christmas.

But I didn't get a bike.

When I was 6, I prayed to God and asked him for a bike for Christmas.

But I didn't get a bike.

When I was 7, I realised that prayer doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

And I got a bike!

(C) Emo Philips
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - D Adams

Private Frazer

• We're doomed, doomed.
Re: A prayer for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »
Apparently Emo Phillips was about to go on stage but couldn't because ''He felt a little funny''...........His manager told him to get on quick before it wore off.

Sassy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 12:43:43 PM »
That is short version of the original joke
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Floo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »
Dear Christmas Fairy,

The red sweetie boot is in its usual place on top of the china cabinet. Could you please ensure you don't magically put caramels in the sweetie boot this year, as my dentist has suggested I don't eat any as they have a disastrous effect on my fillings!

Thanks and AMEN! ;D

We have a Santa boot which is put out from December 1st. Our children, when they were young, and now our grandchildren look in the boot to check it is empty. Then they have to turn their backs to the boots and call, "Christmas Fairy" three times. When they turn around again they discover it contains a sweetie for each child. :D
“The wise recognise their failings and laugh at their idiosyncrasies” RJG