Author Topic: Christian Traditions (posts split from Pagan Board)  (Read 12719 times)

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
Re: Christian Traditions (posts split from Pagan Board)
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »
That verify that she found the True Cross, not just a cross (or three).

What tests did she do to make sure she had the right one? Please avoid talking about miracles, because, if anything, miracles are an indication of fiction.

You can't say that. That would be like asking you to prove that 2+2=4 without using mathematics. It would make no sense. The miracle was the proof, a corpse rose when the cross was held over it.
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

floo

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »
Just because something is a tradition within a church doesn't mean it has any basis in reality.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 02:35:17 PM »
You can't say that.
I just did.

That would be like asking you to prove that 2+2=4 without using mathematics.
No it wouldn't. Mathematics exists and is a tried and tested method.

It would make no sense. The miracle was the proof, a corpse rose when the cross was held over it.
The miracle was fictional. Dead people don't come alive.

Did she find any real evidence? Was there a sign attached to the cross à la Bible account? Are there any eye witness accounts? Eusebius wasn't there was he.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
The miracle was fictional. Dead people don't come alive.

The miracle was real.
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

Shaker

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 03:23:25 PM »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »

Rhiannon

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 03:26:32 PM »
The miracle was real.

We're really getting into backing away smiling territory now.

Owlswing

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
Yes it was. End of!

You have got to be the most pig-headed and blind wing-nut on this forum.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Shaker

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »
Yes it was. End of!
No it wasn't.

That's the end of.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Owlswing

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »
We're really getting into backing away smiling territory now.

Backing? I'm bloody running as fast as I can and as far away from Ad_O as I can get in case someone thinks that I know who he is and locks me up for being so stupid as to be associated with him and his hysterical nonsense.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 03:39:00 PM »
You have got to be the most pig-headed and blind wing-nut on this forum.

And you have to be the biggest tosser. So go away. I've never seen anyone with such a big chip on their shoulder and you really don't like anyone thinking that you're wrong. You're a joke (after all, you're a pagan) and everyone here knows it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:42:22 PM by ad_orientem »

Shaker

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »
Ever wondered how differently your life would have panned out if you'd had more oxygen at birth, ad_o?

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
Ever wondered how differently your life would have panned out if you'd had more oxygen at birth, ad_o?

No. I obviously had plenty when I was born, unlike you.

Shaker

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »
No. I obviously had plenty when I was born, unlike you.
Given your maladapted, indeed downright warped personality and the intellectual hobbling which leaves you unable to form a coherent and reasoned argument (yet long on gullibility, as your regular religion-hopping demonstrates, and always of the authoritarian and blindly dogmatic kind), I'd say it's anything but obvious.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 03:48:57 PM »
Given your maladapted, indeed downright warped personality and the intellectual hobbling which leaves you unable to form a coherent and reasoned argument (yet long on gullibility, as your regular religion-hopping demonstrates, and always of the authoritarian and blindly dogmatic kind), I'd say it's anything but obvious.

Oh it's obvious, just like the dick on your head.

Shaker

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 03:52:30 PM »
The way you post indicates that you have an inferiority complex, which I have to say is fully justified.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2016, 04:04:56 PM »
Shakes,

The curious thing about a-o is that there is an intelligence at work - he's a sort of TW with proper sentences - and he's constructed an entire worldview that clearly makes sense to him, albeit that it's batshit crazy from top to bottom for the rest of us. It makes him unreachable I think with any sort of reason - no matter what, he'll point to his faith belief as the better answer (he told me that European countries are secular because of the "Deformation" for example) - so the intrusion of any kind of reality just cannot compute. 

It's an odd spectacle, and I find it a little bit unsettling seen close up.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:16:48 PM by bluehillside »
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Shaker

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »
he told me that European countries are secular because of the "Deformation" for example)
And yet this is the same Europe that he insists is Christian ...

It's an odd spectacle, and I find a little bit unsettling seen close up.
Very odd indeed  :o

floo

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2016, 04:09:51 PM »

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »
The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the true cross and tomb having been found by St. Helena, mother of the holy emperor Constantine. God revealed the place to her in a vision or dream.

Did God reveal the true holy foreskin to her as well? There were several hundred of those in circulation around Europe at one time, as well as many more of bits of the true cross.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

floo

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2016, 04:25:07 PM »
Did God reveal the true holy foreskin to her as well? There were several hundred of those in circulation around Europe at one time, as well as many more of bits of the true cross.

;D

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »
Dicky,

Did God reveal the true holy foreskin to her as well?

Definitely - haven't you heard? She had a tip off.

I'll get me coat...
"Don't make me come down there."

God

floo

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »
Dicky,

Definitely - haven't you heard? She had a tip off.

I'll get me coat...

OH DEAR!  ;D ;D ;D

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »

Most was Protestant exaggeration. For instance, if you added up all the pieces of the true cross in existence you would have no more than a part of a beam of wood.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2016, 04:54:02 PM »
And yet this is the same Europe that he insists is Christian ...
Very odd indeed  :o

You have to forget modern secular governments but yes, they are the result of the Reformation (or Deformation, as I call it) and things like Luther's two kingdom doctrines. The soul of Europe, however, is indeed Christian. Neither is Europe just Protestant of Catholic Europe or western. Large parts of it are Orthodox. If only Theodosius were to come back from the dead.