Author Topic: The 'Truth'  (Read 59119 times)

floo

Re: The 'Truth'
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2016, 04:59:48 PM »
So why do you force your bigotry and beliefs on other people.

~TW~

That is a good one coming from you, LOL!

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »
That is a good one coming from you, LOL!
So you cant answer the question
~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »
She doesn't.

She does and she knows it Shaker!  Stop being so partisan, floo doesn't mind, she'll come back fighting fit as always.  No-one means her any harm.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Shaker

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2016, 06:35:06 PM »
She does and she knows it Shaker!  Stop being so partisan, floo doesn't mind, she'll come back fighting fit as always.  No-one means her any harm.
No, I don't agree. She doesn't force anything on anyone in the manner stated. This is an online forum; it's simply not possible to force anything on anyone else. People post their views and opinions, and especially with a small forum where the same people post day in and day out you can come to know somebody's opinions almost before they've stated them. Nobody's compelled to come here; whoever does so does it out of choice. That also applies to reading whatever is posted here.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Rhiannon

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2016, 06:57:24 PM »
I agree; I rarely bother with anything TW posts, for example, I just skim past. Doesn't interest me and however forceful he might think his posts are I just ignore them.

If Floo's having an Evil Deity moment I ignore that most of the time too.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:03 PM »
I agree; I rarely bother with anything TW posts, for example, I just skim past. Doesn't interest me and however forceful he might think his posts are I just ignore them.

If Floo's having an Evil Deity moment I ignore that most of the time too.

The feeling is very mutual Rhiannon.But I bet when BBC says this bone took 50 million years to evolve you swallow that without question. 8) ::) :o

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Shaker

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »
I doubt it; Rhiannon is intelligent enough to understand exactly why and how we can know something to be so old (though this knowledge isn't exactly a state secret kept in a bank vault in Zurich; it's freely available in any number of books that anyone can read), while you very obviously are not, and think that the creation myths of the ancient Hebrews whose cosmos extended to whatever edge of the desert they could see are the last word in understanding the word around us ::)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:46:25 PM by Shaker »
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2016, 07:45:58 PM »
I doubt it; Rhiannon is intelligent enough to understand exactly why and how we can know something to be so old while you very obviously are not, and think that the creation myths of the ancient Hebrews are the last word in understanding the word around us ::)

So she is that clever she needs you to speak for her  :'(
~TW~

Shaker

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2016, 07:47:16 PM »
~TW~
No - she isn't online at present and I am.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2016, 07:52:56 PM »
No - she isn't online at present and I am.
   well genius tell us the truth as to how nothing goes bang.

~TW~

Rhiannon

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
~TW~

No, I just choose not to talk to talk to you, TW. I've had more productive conversations with a crisp packet.

wigginhall

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2016, 08:32:27 PM »
No, I don't agree. She doesn't force anything on anyone in the manner stated. This is an online forum; it's simply not possible to force anything on anyone else. People post their views and opinions, and especially with a small forum where the same people post day in and day out you can come to know somebody's opinions almost before they've stated them. Nobody's compelled to come here; whoever does so does it out of choice. That also applies to reading whatever is posted here.

Yes, agree with that.  The idea that anyone 'forces' their opinions on others here is quite weird.  Seriously, if you read something here that you don't like, you can actually switch off your computer, you can go and water the hydrangeas, and play with your pet spider, and indeed, any number of things.  Of course, you can also disagree with it, fine, and you can express that. 

I also think that people who have been casualties of religion are entitled to go on about it again and again and again, as anyone who has been abused, is entitled to do.  Ironically, this abuse often consisted of being forced to listen to horrendous and sadistic stuff as a child.   So I am happy for Floo to tell us ten thousand times about this, so that, FFS, we learn about it, and prevent it happening again!

They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Rhiannon

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
Equally I don't feel that Alan forces his stuff on me, or Sass for that matter. Sometimes I wade into debate with Alan, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I'll rise to Sass' bait but a lot of the time I've got other things to be getting on with. It's always a choice though.

wigginhall

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2016, 08:48:38 PM »
Exactly.  Forums are very repetitive, but hello hello, there is an off switch.  As Anthony Hopkins used to say about his critics, fuck 'em.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Shaker

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2016, 08:49:08 PM »

~TW~
What on earth does this repetitive slogan of yours have to do with anything so far under discussion?

Rhiannon

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2016, 08:57:02 PM »
Exactly.  Forums are very repetitive, but hello hello, there is an off switch.  As Anthony Hopkins used to say about his critics, fuck 'em.

Yeah, and there's enough interesting stuff to keep pulling me back in. It's like being in a slightly odd pub; if I don't fancy talking to the bore at the bar, I won't. There's plenty of good company apart from them.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2016, 11:37:34 PM »
What on earth does this repetitive slogan of yours have to do with anything so far under discussion?

Everything.---It is to you a very high brick wall that you would rather wish was not there=The Big Bang,but in your case ???????
~TW~

BeRational

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
Everything.---It is to you a very high brick wall that you would rather wish was not there=The Big Bang,but in your case ???????
~TW~

Why is this a problem.

Who says it was nothing?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Bubbles

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2016, 07:23:41 AM »
Post moved to general discussion  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:31:46 AM by Rose »

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2016, 07:25:25 AM »

~TW~

Right after you tell us why your god just happens to exist.

The fact that "nothing going bang" does not form part of any scientific theory is largely irrelevant. The unexplained in science does not make silly fairy tales any more believable....
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

floo

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2016, 08:21:47 AM »
I wondered why my ears were burning, LOL!

I state my POV where religion is concerned and for that I make no apology. However, I am not trying to convert others to my way of thinking, as others do. I get particularly irritated with the muppets who use threats of the tortures of hell if one doesn't convert. One particular poster seems to get off on images of the 'unsaved' burning in the mythical flames of hell, which says more about their unpleasant way of thinking than anything else.

Sassy

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:58 AM »
The Bible tells you to stone adulterers to death.

Do you do that?

Wrong the bible tells us the Messiah will bring Gods final word and we are to obey him.
The bible also tells you if you break one law you have broken them all.
As Christ has revealed he who is without sin can cast the first stone.
So people do not stone adulterers because the Son of God has come and shown no one but himself can cast that stone.
He forgives her, and tells her not to sin again... So no we obey God and we accept forgiveness of our sins through Christ and we do as he did, not as your wrong thinking tells you.
How can a sinner justifiably commit murder of another when they are equally guilty in Gods eyes?

Not just the Bible but every single other "holy book" which men claim was written/inspired by the supreme cosmic mega-being.

You got it wrong again, didn't you. Because NOT every holy book is a book of Prophecy. It does not have prophecies fulfilled.
And if you never read them you cannot comment. Had you read the OT you would understand why your points are so moot when it comes to the NT. But you appear happy to remain looking ignorant and spouting nonsense to all intent and purpose. :(
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2016, 08:44:56 AM »
I wondered why my ears were burning, LOL!

I state my POV where religion is concerned and for that I make no apology. However, I am not trying to convert others to my way of thinking, as others do. I get particularly irritated with the muppets who use threats of the tortures of hell if one doesn't convert. One particular poster seems to get off on images of the 'unsaved' burning in the mythical flames of hell, which says more about their unpleasant way of thinking than anything else.

You really are a plonker, science which seems to be your god the bits you choose tells us that this place the world will end some say it is going to be a little warm.
 Now the God of the bible says hell will be warm and it is a place for you,not created for you,but rather for disobedient angels,nevertheless convenient for you.

That is the message,now you have told us more times then we can remember this is just plain daft.So we have the clock ticking each day you get closer to a never ending nothing or a meeting with the person you call a liar,killer fiend,so all you have to do is wait give it time and pray that God does not exist,pray also  that nothing went bang.

~TW~   

floo

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
You really are a plonker, science which seems to be your god the bits you choose tells us that this place the world will end some say it is going to be a little warm.
 Now the God of the bible says hell will be warm and it is a place for you,not created for you,but rather for disobedient angels,nevertheless convenient for you.

That is the message,now you have told us more times then we can remember this is just plain daft.So we have the clock ticking each day you get closer to a never ending nothing or a meeting with the person you call a liar,killer fiend,so all you have to do is wait give it time and pray that God does not exist,pray also  that nothing went bang.

~TW~   

I rest my case!

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2016, 09:05:11 AM »
The fundie/Biblical literalists Christians just love to tell the rest of us that they have the 'truth', but can't provide the slightest bit of verifiable evidence to substantiate their claim.
So, how do they differ from science and scientists, Floo?
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools