Author Topic: The Moon Landings: fact vs fiction.  (Read 36441 times)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: The Moon Landings: fact vs fiction.
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2016, 12:26:00 PM »
That attention seeking woman played with fire and it consumed her, I suspect her death was just an unfortunate accident.
You realise that those two statements are mutually contradictory?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Owlswing

« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »

That attention seeking woman played with fire and it consumed her, I suspect her death was just an unfortunate accident.

I am amazed that Charlie got away with practically no blame being attached to him for the death of his wife or for any input into said death - if he had not been shagging another man's wife, Camilla Park-and-Ride, Diana would not have been in Paris on that night, nor would she have been with the playboy son of an Egyptian crook!

Was Diana blameless in her own death - probably not, but Charlie was far less blameless.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Rhiannon

« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »
The Royal family don't do anything much to float my boat, but on a human level I'm glad the two of them have found happiness together finally, in spite of the mess. Maybe there's even something redemptive in it.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2016, 09:35:27 PM »
I am amazed that Charlie got away with practically no blame being attached to him for the death of his wife or for any input into said death - if he had not been shagging another man's wife, Camilla Park-and-Ride, Diana would not have been in Paris on that night, nor would she have been with the playboy son of an Egyptian crook!

Was Diana blameless in her own death - probably not, but Charlie was far less blameless.

The royals do nothing to float my boat either. But if stories I have been told have any veracity, then the marriage of Charles and Diana was close to being arranged. In marrying Camilla, he merely ended up with his original great love who had been denied him by court disfavour.

By the way, at the time she died, Diana was not his wife but his former wife. He played no part in her death.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Owlswing

« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2016, 11:11:18 PM »
The royals do nothing to float my boat either. But if stories I have been told have any veracity, then the marriage of Charles and Diana was close to being arranged. In marrying Camilla, he merely ended up with his original great love who had been denied him by court disfavour.

By the way, at the time she died, Diana was not his wife but his former wife. He played no part in her death.

Sorry, but I still believe that, had Charlie not continued an affair that he was involved in prior to his marriage all the way through his marriage the divorce would not have happened and Diana would not have been in Paris that night!

Let's face it, whether the royals rock your boat or not, had Charlie not been involved the crash would not have made the middle pages of the British papers, much less the radio and TV news.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
Yes, and if he had not been obliged to marry a vapid bimbo, whose saving grace was that she was photogenic, and who, herself, sought diversion outside marriage, we wouldn't be having this pointless discussion.

I admit that I inadvertently started this diversion by mentioning that Diana's supposed pregnancy was one of the several "truths" featured in the blog which Sassy had considered authoritative. And now we are engaged in this silly argument.

Can we please get back to the cruel deception that the Americans played on the world in 1969 - or not?

Bubbles

« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2016, 09:33:56 AM »
Yes, and if he had not been obliged to marry a vapid bimbo, whose saving grace was that she was photogenic, and who, herself, sought diversion outside marriage, we wouldn't be having this pointless discussion.

I admit that I inadvertently started this diversion by mentioning that Diana's supposed pregnancy was one of the several "truths" featured in the blog which Sassy had considered authoritative. And now we are engaged in this silly argument.

Can we please get back to the cruel deception that the Americans played on the world in 1969 - or not?

It might be an idea to split the threads so people can continue if they wish.

I would like to respond but it would derail further  :)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2016, 09:38:59 AM »
Sorry, but I still believe that, had Charlie not continued an affair that he was involved in prior to his marriage all the way through his marriage the divorce would not have happened and Diana would not have been in Paris that night!

And if she and Dodi had been wearing seat belts they might have gone on to live happy and fulfilled lives. Or if Diana had said no to her arranged marriage, she'd be an unknown infant school teacher.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Owlswing

« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »

Are you surprised that she did so as Charlie was spending more time in Camilla's bed than his wife's?

As to the cruel deception - the fantasy is not the moon landings but the denial that they occurred.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2016, 12:40:49 PM »

As to the cruel deception - the fantasy is not the moon landings but the denial that they occurred.

Oh dear. Note to myself: don't use either sarcasm or irony. Neither may be understood.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »
Watch this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltT1wPZDkc

The maker of the film gagged why if nothing to hide.

You can fake anything when using a camera.... Including planes crashing... anything you want even people changing into werewolves trick photography is good.
So those pictures are really of who they claim to be? ::) ::)

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2016, 09:24:52 AM »
Is this supposed to be about Stanley Kubrick? Then why is the name spelled Kurbrick?

Stanley Kubrick moved to England in 1961 which he hardly ever left for the rest of his life. All his films were then made in the British Isles. At which studio did he make the moon landing film? Pinewood, Borehamwood, Ealing or Shepperton?

Oh no, please don't tell me it was a spoof?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2016, 09:54:18 AM »
Stanley Kurbrick, on the other hand, arrived a year later than his more famous near namesake and tried to break into film directing. At first he found it enormously easy to get interviews but found it hard to get any funding for his proposed films, Wee Peter about a woman attracted to an adolescent boy, based on the book by Narbokov, and Nurse OddAttraction about the lunacy of nuclear power.

Later attempts to raise money for 'One Minute Past Eight: A Spice Odyssey' and 'A Wind-Up Caroline Lucas' also failed. Down on his luck, he was somewhat confused to be approached by someone saying they represented NARSA, asking him to direct a film about landing on the moon. Despite pouring his whole talent into this, he never understood why it didn't receive a general release but he had lots of props in the garage of the "Moon Rocks' which he gave out to his friends including Neal Amstong and Bizz Aldin.

Based on his experience, he tried touting a film about a faked Mars landing called Sagittarius Three. After his death his final project S I, about the metric system, was picked up by Sterven Spitzbergen but this too failed to attract funding.

Owlswing

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »

Oh dear. Note to myself: don't use either sarcasm or irony. Neither may be understood.

Sorry HH - I had a really bad 'phone conversaytion with the ex earlier on - before I posted - and should have been a little more careful in my reading of your post!

john

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »
Very funny NS

I never knew that !!!
"Try again. Fail again. Fail Better". Samuel Beckett

Owlswing

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:29 PM »
Stanley Kurbrick, on the other hand, arrived a year later than his more famous near namesake and tried to break into film directing. At first he found it enormously easy to get interviews but found it hard to get any funding for his proposed films, Wee Peter about a woman attracted to an adolescent boy, based on the book by Narbokov, and Nurse OddAttraction about the lunacy of nuclear power.

Later attempts to raise money for 'One Minute Past Eight: A Spice Odyssey' and 'A Wind-Up Caroline Lucas' also failed. Down on his luck, he was somewhat confused to be approached by someone saying they represented NARSA, asking him to direct a film about landing on the moon. Despite pouring his whole talent into this, he never understood why it didn't receive a general release but he had lots of props in the garage of the "Moon Rocks' which he gave out to his friends including Neal Amstong and Bizz Aldin.

Based on his experience, he tried touting a film about a faked Mars landing called Sagittarius Three. After his death his final project S I, about the metric system, was picked up by Sterven Spitzbergen but this too failed to attract funding.

It seems so logical when it is explained properly . . . .

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »
It seems so logical when it is explained properly . . . .

I did, of course, miss out Kurbrick's move to Scotland when he attempted to get the Scottish Film Board interested in his horror film set in a Scottish B and B, The Shite Inn, based on the Stephen Kong novel. And what was the last film he failed to direct before he died, a comedy based on Nationalists trying to run a vineyard, Ayes Wine Shit, the script for which was described by Mark Commode as the worst he had ever seen apart from, ironically, that of Eyes Wide Shut by his near namesake.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:16:04 PM by Nearly Sane »

Sassy

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »
The truth is manmade evidence is not evidence.
No proof they went to the moon and walked on it in 1969.
Zilch, nada, nuffink.

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

BeRational

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »
Zilch, nada, nuffink.

And yet you believe a god exists with zero evidence.

Why is that?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2016, 01:41:35 PM »

So, all the "evidence" you have presented that the landings were faked, is actually not evidence...
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »
Zilch, nada, nuffink.
Plenty proof if you care to open your eyes and look.
Truth is that you are so ingrained in conspiracy theory nonsense that you are too scared to look at the proof.
You would rather post links to sites hosted by people who believe that the earth is a disc and not a sphere.
That say as a lot about about your mindset.

By the way you never did answer these questions did you?

James Irwin , Apollo 15 astronaut,

For two decades, Irwin traveled the world and presented small flags he carried from the moon to the leaders of various countries. “These flags were so powerful,” says Bill Dodder, a close friend to Irwin. “He took flags to each country as a means to witness for Jesus Christ.
http://www.godreports.com/testimony-view/1249

Did he lie when he said to all of those people that the flags were from the moon?

Buzz Aldrin Apollo 11 astronaut;
Here he is writing about his path to being the first and only man to take communion on the moon?
https://www.guideposts.org/faith/stories-of-faith/guideposts-classics-buzz-aldrin-on-communion-in-space?nopaging=1
And so, just before I partook of the elements, I read the words which I had chosen to indicate our trust that as man probes into space we are in fact acting in Christ.

I sensed especially strongly my unity with our church back home, and with the Church everywhere.

I read: "I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me." John 15:5 (TEV)

Is Buzz a liar?

Eugene Cernan,the last man to walk on the moon said;

We launched off that pad in a big Saturn V rocket that took us to the Moon. People had dreamed of leaving the cradle of civilisation – this Earth of ours – and we did it. Fortunately, I was one of the guys to go out there, to look back at the Earth and try to comprehend the meaning of it all.

When I left the Moon and started up the ladder, I was really at a loss. I didn’t want to leave and I looked down at my last footsteps and realised I wasn’t coming this way again

I searched for that answer, I needed more time. I wanted to press the freeze button, stop time to give myself a chance to think about it. I had an opportunity to sit on God’s front porch looking at the small part of the civilisation of this universe that he created.

Is Eugene a liar?

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »
And yet you believe a god exists with zero evidence.

Why is that?

Rubbish! Your opinion is wrong and it is based on zero support by means of evidence.
Now if verifiable evidence is to be called on then the Jews returning to Israel is certainly evidence that God spoke and it happened.
You have nothing refute the truth of Gods words or his foretelling the things which come to pass.

I guess you lack understanding as to what you have evidence for and what you do not have evidence for.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2016, 03:20:49 PM »
So, all the "evidence" you have presented that the landings were faked, is actually not evidence...

I guess the truth is the scientist have evidence and you choose to ignore them because you want to believe.
Big difference when you assume 'evidence' and when you make up your own.
You see the scientist produce the reasons why they believe it never happened based on the evidence then. So you use science all the time in arguments what is so different now?

That is correct... you choose what you believe.

floo

« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2016, 03:28:16 PM »
Sass, surely if we can land a space craft on a comet we can land one on the moon easy peasy, unless the Rosetta mission is a work of fiction as you believe the moon landings to be?

Maeght

« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2016, 03:43:53 PM »
I guess the truth is the scientist have evidence and you choose to ignore them because you want to believe.
Big difference when you assume 'evidence' and when you make up your own.
You see the scientist produce the reasons why they believe it never happened based on the evidence then. So you use science all the time in arguments what is so different now?

That is correct... you choose what you believe.

Sassy, who are these scientists you keep referring to please. From what I've seen the vast majority of scientists do not think the moon landings couldn't have happened.