Author Topic: The Economy is in for a rough ride  (Read 42779 times)

BashfulAnthony

Re: The Economy is in for a rough ride
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2016, 10:49:47 AM »
Because you think in trade negotiatiinsyou can trust someone who had to resign over donations and access.

I don't see, for all the world, what any past demeanours have to do with his ability to negotiate!
BA.

Jesus said to him, 的 am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2016, 11:02:46 AM »
I don't see, for all the world, what any past demeanours have to do with his ability to negotiate!
they should affect your ability to trust them.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2016, 12:57:57 PM »
they should affect your ability to trust them.

What do you think?  Fox might be planning a secret deal, unbeknown to the rest of his Department? Look, he is just one of a team, and he is working to complete a deal over the campaign he believed in. What is there not to trust?
BA.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »
What do you think?  Fox might be planning a secret deal, unbeknown to the rest of his Department? Look, he is just one of a team, and he is working to complete a deal over the campaign he believed in. What is there not to trust?
his ethics and his judgement

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »

You know better, of course.  Shouldn't you be offering the Government the benefit of your higher judgement?
Sure, here it is
Move Boris to the role for foreign correspondent for the Dandy.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

floo

« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »
Sure, here it is

Or the Beano! :D

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2016, 02:15:24 PM »
Sure, here it is

Better still.  Join the Labour Party as political adviser, and that should ensure their complete collapse.
BA.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2016, 03:02:40 PM »
Better still.  Join the Labour Party as political adviser, and that should ensure their complete collapse.
Who? Boris or me?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2016, 03:40:16 PM »
Who? Boris or me?

Both.  Though that might bring the whole country down!
BA.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2016, 03:44:27 PM »
Sure, here it is

Brilliant!  Far better than I thought you were capable of!
BA.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »
No need to bother there, Labour couldn't win a raffle even if they had the only ticket!
Albert Einstein

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2016, 11:10:45 AM »
http://uk.businessinsider.com/britain-brexit-article-50-european-union-theresa-may-2016-9

Yet more proof that the Brexiters didn't understand what was proposed.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2016, 01:54:24 PM »
http://uk.businessinsider.com/britain-brexit-article-50-european-union-theresa-may-2016-9

Pretty condescending, that, and palpably ridiculous.   Today the independent ONS issued a report saying that as yet the economy has shown no signs of a downturn, as I have already posted before.  Yet the appalling Osborne said, in one of his scare-monger speeches, that we would need an emergency budget to cope with an out result. So far construction is up, manufacturing is strong, unemployment down, inflation under control, consumer activity buoyant, markets and sterling stable. So, just like all his second-rate economic "forecasts, he was WRONG!   So, how do you talk round the ONS review?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:50:50 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
BA I dont know how to break this to you but we havent lect the eu yet. Thats why there is no manor change. Yet. Wait till we start to try trading without deals in place. It will be chaos.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2016, 06:41:22 PM »
BA I dont know how to break this to you but we havent lect the eu yet. Thats why there is no manor change. Yet. Wait till we start to try trading without deals in place. It will be chaos.

You people still on with the scare-mongering, and unsubstantiated "predictions"?  It seems to me that you are just hoping things go wrong, so that you can say, "told you so."  Not very patriotic.  So, let's hear you applaud the most encouraging present economic situation:  construction up, manufacturing up, unemployment down, buoyant consumer activity, stable markets and stable sterling, inflation under control, as outlined by the independent Office of National Statistics in a report just today.   Good, isn't it?  And it will get better.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:58:10 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »

To be fair, no journalists really pressed them too hard on those kinds of trivial details.
Brexit Bar:

Full of nuts but with lots of flakey bits and a bitter aftertaste

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2016, 10:49:09 PM »
To be fair, no journalists really pressed them too hard on those kinds of trivial details.
Aye. Ain't that the truth.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2016, 10:52:03 PM »
Pretty condescending, that, and palpably ridiculous.   Today the independent ONS issued a report saying that as yet the economy has shown no signs of a downturn, as I have already posted before.  Yet the appalling Osborne said, in one of his scare-monger speeches, that we would need an emergency budget to cope with an out result. So far construction is up, manufacturing is strong, unemployment down, inflation under control, consumer activity buoyant, markets and sterling stable. So, just like all his second-rate economic "forecasts, he was WRONG!   So, how do you talk round the ONS review?

And yet pretty much all forecasts for growth have been revised downwards by 1% for 2017 - which will prove pretty bad for our economy and companies. Hardly condescending to face up to the very real possibility of long and sustained damage to our economy.

Anyways my last post on this thread whilst you are posting on the subject, as here you seem to be in full on patronise and WUM mode. I'll come back in a year and just quietly whisper 'I told you so'.

Sweet dreams (while you can).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:55:05 PM by Trentvoyager »

Sassy

« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2016, 01:57:47 AM »
The Economy is in for a rough ride because if people have no money they cannot buy.
A piece of bread could buy a bag of Gold. The poor in our Country have had their benefits cut and the Government lie in their  false claims of what people actually receive.

If God suddenly decided to remove the food chain where would they be?

We are being undermined by the Government. As a believer God owns everything.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:44:20 AM by Sassy »
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

floo

« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2016, 08:29:22 AM »
The Economy is in for a rough ride because if people have no money they cannot buy.
A piece of bread could buy a bag of God. The poor in our Country have had their benefits cut and the Government lie in their  false claims of what people actually receive.

If God suddenly decided to remove the food chain where would they be?

We are being undermined by the Government. As a believer God owns everything.

YE GODS what is silly post!

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
And yet pretty much all forecasts for growth have been revised downwards by 1% for 2017 - which will prove pretty bad for our economy and companies. Hardly condescending to face up to the very real possibility of long and sustained damage to our economy.

Anyways my last post on this thread whilst you are posting on the subject, as here you seem to be in full on patronise and WUM mode. I'll come back in a year and just quietly whisper 'I told you so'.

Sweet dreams (while you can).

Pointless making unsubstantiated forecasts, like your disgraced guru, Osborne.  Look at the picture as it is, not how you, apparently, wish it was.  Why can't you stand up for your own country?  It's a disgrace! I have to assume that at best you're just a very bad loser.
BA.

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »
YE GODS what is silly post!

I don't know, I think Sassy always brings an interesting perspective into these discussions.  :)
Brexit Bar:

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2016, 10:21:54 AM »
Pointless making unsubstantiated forecasts, like your disgraced guru, Osborne.  Look at the picture as it is, not how you, apparently, wish it was.  Why can't you stand up for your own country?  It's a disgrace! I have to assume that at best you're just a very bad loser.

The whole point surely is that we are still in the 'phoney war'. After the initial shock things have 'kind of' settled down. The lower pound will be a 'mixed blessing' , at the moment we are only seeing the 'up' side, but price-rises are in the pipeline with the spectre of inflation always looming.

At the moment most businesses are desperately hoping that we will retain the single market - BUT NOBODY KNOWS - and if it looks as if we are heading for a Hard Brexit, the shit will really hit the fan making Osborne's most dire predictions look quite mild.

All we can do is keep our faith in Saint Theresa and pray  :)
Brexit Bar:

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
The whole point surely is that we are still in the 'phoney war'. After the initial shock things have 'kind of' settled down. The lower pound will be a 'mixed blessing' , at the moment we are only seeing the 'up' side, but price-rises are in the pipeline with the spectre of inflation always looming.

At the moment most businesses are desperately hoping that we will retain the single market - BUT NOBODY KNOWS - and if it looks as if we are heading for a Hard Brexit, the shit will really hit the fan making Osborne's most dire predictions look quite mild.

All we can do is keep our faith in Saint Theresa and pray  :)

Morning L.A./

Don't be so pessimistic!  The situation now is bucking the predictions of hopeless Osborne.  Why should we not continue to prosper?  This time Cameron's joke, "we're all in this together," actually applies.
BA.

L.A.

• Radcliffe U3A
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
Morning L.A./

Don't be so pessimistic!  The situation now is bucking the predictions of hopeless Osborne.  Why should we not continue to prosper?  This time Cameron's joke, "we're all in this together," actually applies.

Hi B.A.

I think I'm being very realistic, the situation could go either way and at the moment there are not really any indicators give us a clue.
Brexit Bar: