Author Topic: The Electric/Spiritual Universe of Jesus Christ  (Read 186029 times)

ippy

Re: The Electric/Spiritual Universe of Jesus Christ
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 02:41:15 PM »
I haven't seen the film.

Don't miss it Floo, it's a classic and free.

ippy

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »
Sparky,

What you are telling me is that you are still intellectually unable to reason in Biblical terms...that's ok...that is part and parcel of the job in hand...which is to ensure that as many can understand and follow Jesus before that 'last trumpet'...I don't expect it to be easy.

No. What we're actually telling you is that there's no such thing as "reason in Biblical terms". Reason is reason, and if the Bible happens to contain some of it then well and good.

What you do though is to confuse "reason" with "assert". You assert the bits of the Bible that suit you. You assert "wonderful" this and "fantastic" that to hide the intellectual poverty of your position. You assert into existence things that don't exist, like the "Nemesis solar system". You assert your mistakes about the science you presume to critique, like your mistake about "humans springing from the loins of monkeys".

All these things are assertions. None of them though entail reason.

So...

"So"? There is no "so".

...in kindness to you I have substituted the word spiritual with the concept of 'electric/spiritual' because that brings us into the 21st century and brings us to the electric/spiritual universe that is proven to exist because from studying the word of Almighty God and Jesus Christ all the scientific laws in the universe unify into one science.

You may as well substitute it for "bananas" for all the difference it makes to your mistakes. "Electric" is a well understood and documented natural phenomenon of the universe. "Spiritual" is something just in your head that allows you to give your imaginings a faux credibility. Simply yoking the two together does not transfer credibility from one to the other.

To my mind there can be no argument but I'm sure you will find some.

No, you're right: to your mind there is no argument. No argument, no reason, no evidence, no sense of any kind.

And that's your problem. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:04:07 PM by bluehillside »
"Don't make me come down there."

God

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »
Keep the funnies coming NM. :D

It's not madness, and it's too late for a second Referendum, if that's what you are suggesting. I was looking at Andrew Neill on Sunday and he pointed out that most aspects of our economy have now recovered from the early hysteria (which some people are still wallowing in), and the prospects are encouraging.  I also note a  Nobel prize winner in economics, Joseph Stiglitz, has stated bluntly that we will not go into recession and that all the pre-Referendum forecasts were "not worth the paper they were written on."  So all the doom and gloom merchants, and scare-mongers, had better think again.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:04:04 PM by BashfulAnthony »
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 03:01:18 PM »
BA,

It's not madness, and it's too late for a second referendum, if that's what you are suggesting.  Looking at Andrew Neill on Sunday and he pointed out that most aspects of our economy have now recovered from the early hysteria (which some people are still wallowing in), and the prospects are encouraging.  I also note a recent Nobel prize winner in economics has stated bluntly that we will not go into recession.  So all the doom and gloom merchants, and scare-mongers perhaps had better think again.

Wrong thread perhaps?

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »
In trying to trip me up Seb you are tripping yourself up. A million years is my estimate of when science might be saying something similar to God but they would demand a high fee.

Really Nick, that's not what it looks like you said....

'but the impending fly by of the Wormwood star system means we wont find out from them. '
Looks like you tripped yourself up old chump!

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 03:12:57 PM »
And Wormwood...if we consider the photos, the magnetic field upheavals and climate changes

I would like to consider them Nick. 
You must have already, so where are they?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »
I would like to consider them Nick. 
You must have already, so where are they?

There are many voices of concern expressed on the internet Seb...but I am sure you are savvy on that point. My concern though is after Wormwood because then we will all be living by the righteous laws of Jesus Christ...except those of course, who are hurtling away from planet Earth trapped in a fiery lake of sulphur for ever and a day. There could be many more involved in salvation but Almighty God and Jesus Christ have made it clear...those who refuse righteousness will only contaminate the purity of God's plans which is everlasting life free from hardship, illness and evil. These (unsaved) will be considered guilty of all the offences against righteousness, all the wars, all the sorrows and all the disruption since Jesus' resurrection.

It is wise to start today, knowing you are following a science taught about from within the Holy Bible and from within Jesus' accurate teaching...but somehow I suspect you wont.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:48:24 PM by NicholasMarks »

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »
BA,

Wrong thread perhaps?

Yes, blue. Sorry, apologies.
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

floo

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 03:51:50 PM »
Don't miss it Floo, it's a classic and free.

ippy

Films really aren't my thing.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »
Sparky,

There are many voices of concern expressed on the internet Seb...but I am sure you are savvy on that point. My concern though is after Wormwood because then we will all be living by the righteous laws of Jesus Christ...except those of course, who are hurtling away from planet Earth trapped in a fiery lake of sulphur for ever and a day. There could be many more involved in salvation but Almighty God and Jesus Christ have made it clear...those who refuse righteousness will only contaminate the purity of God's plans which is everlasting life free from hardship, illness and evil. These (unsaved) will be considered guilty of all the offences against righteousness, all the wars, all the sorrows and all the disruption since Jesus' resurrection.

It is wise to start today, knowing you are following a science taught about from within the Holy Bible and from within Jesus' accurate teaching...but somehow I suspect you wont.

As you refuse point blank to tell us why you think any of these fantastical, logically hopeless, scientifically illiterate claims are true let me ask you a different question instead. Can you think of one reason - any reason will do - for anyone else to take you seriously?

Or do you intend to continue indefinitely with the ducking and diving?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:26:23 PM by bluehillside »

God

BeRational

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2016, 04:12:39 PM »
Is Wormwood the spin off from Dr Who?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

NicholasMarks

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »
Sparky,

As you refuse point blank to tell us why you think any of these fantastical, logically hopeless, scientifically illiterate claims are true let me ask you a different question instead. Can you think of one reason - any reason will do - for anyone else to take you seriously?

Or do you intend to continue indefinitely with the ducking and diving?

Just to remind you bluehillside that it is the Holy Bible that holds all the accurate information but you have rejected that so...as a last ditch attempt to save you I am trying to show you that the Holy Bible incorporates  a wonderful science which is well worth fitting into the Biblical equation because it shows Jesus as working from God's science of everything.

But each argument brings Wormwood ever closer and it is becoming obvious to me that you have a fascination for journeying on it for evermore. That is the beauty and the tragedy of taking or not taking Jesus seriously...your electric/spiritual entity that you scoff and ridicule over is made from an indestructible electric/spiritual material.

At least you have been told...but you are too clever to save yourself and maybe even others who might rely upon you.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2016, 05:07:13 PM »
Sparky,

Just to remind you bluehillside that it is the Holy Bible that holds all the accurate information but you have rejected that so...as a last ditch attempt to save you I am trying to show you that the Holy Bible incorporates  a wonderful science which is well worth fitting into the Biblical equation because it shows Jesus as working from God's science of everything.

But each argument brings Wormwood ever closer and it is becoming obvious to me that you have a fascination for journeying on it for evermore. That is the beauty and the tragedy of taking or not taking Jesus seriously...your electric/spiritual entity that you scoff and ridicule over is made from an indestructible electric/spiritual material.

At least you have been told...but you are too clever to save yourself and maybe even others who might rely upon you.

Let's step back a little as you struggle with the difference between a question that begins "what" and one that begins "why".

Imagine that you turned up one day with a Tupperware box and I asked, "What's in the box Sparky?"

You might reply, say, "my cheese and pickle sandwiches." (OK, you might actually say something more like, "my wonderful, dynamic cheese and pickle sandwiches" or some such but let's let that pass for now.)

All clear so far? Good.

Imagine too that I then asked, "and why did you bring cheese and pickle sandwiches?"

You might answer, "because I'm too short of cash to go to Pret", or "because I only have ten minutes for lunch today" or something similar.

What you would not do though would be to reply, "cheese and pickle sandwiches".

And if you did do that nonetheless and I said, "yes, but the question was why did you bring cheese and pickle sandwiches?" you'd probably be even less likely to answer, "cheese and pickle sandwiches".

That's what's happening here though - essentially you're just saying "cheese and pickle sandwiches" over and over again. If you want to think that the "holy" Bible holds "accurate information" that's up to you, but it's only an answer to a "what" question (namely, "what's your personal opinion on the Bible?"). So far at least though, you've made not even the slightest effort to answer the question about why you think the Bible to be accurate, or indeed for it to be "holy".   

How can I make this any simpler for you? You can't in other words just "remind" someone of something when you've not even bothered to demonstrate that something in the first place.

Is any of this sinking in yet?

Anything at all?   
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:13:43 PM by bluehillside »

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »
There are many voices of concern expressed on the internet Seb...but I am sure you are savvy on that point.
I am Niclueless I am.
However, what I am very interested in is the specific pictures and concerns which came to your attention. Then we would have some common ground for discussion.
Why are you unable to respond with those particular ones?
Its not because you were lying is it?
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2016, 07:00:20 PM »
Sparky,

Let's step back a little as you struggle with the difference between a question that begins "what" and one that begins "why".

Imagine that you turned up one day with a Tupperware box and I asked, "What's in the box Sparky?"

You might reply, say, "my cheese and pickle sandwiches." (OK, you might actually say something more like, "my wonderful, dynamic cheese and pickle sandwiches" or some such but let's let that pass for now.)

All clear so far? Good.

Imagine too that I then asked, "and why did you bring cheese and pickle sandwiches?"

You might answer, "because I'm too short of cash to go to Pret", or "because I only have ten minutes for lunch today" or something similar.

What you would not do though would be to reply, "cheese and pickle sandwiches".

And if you did do that nonetheless and I said, "yes, but the question was why did you bring cheese and pickle sandwiches?" you'd probably be even less likely to answer, "cheese and pickle sandwiches".

That's what's happening here though - essentially you're just saying "cheese and pickle sandwiches" over and over again. If you want to think that the "holy" Bible holds "accurate information" that's up to you, but it's only an answer to a "what" question (namely, "what's your personal opinion on the Bible?"). So far at least though, you've made not even the slightest effort to answer the question about why you think the Bible to be accurate, or indeed for it to be "holy".   

How can I make this any simpler for you? You can't in other words just "remind" someone of something when you've not even bothered to demonstrate that something in the first place.

Is any of this sinking in yet?

Anything at all?

Let's look at this another way bluehillside...Let's say, after 2000 years you are invited to enter into a place of great safety providing you have the most up to date protection...which, as it turns out, is simply a coat of armour made out of a spiritual/electric force because then you will fit in nicely with those who are also wearing that same electric/spiritual protection. There is a terrible danger looming and you see no harm in trying to wing it a bit with those who offered the armour along with an undertaking from you that you will merit wearing it. But...and here is the rub...that spiritual armour is the mechanics by which salvation is achieved...no armour equals no protection...so no winging it.

It's really is as simple as that...that is how Judgment works...the fact that someone who sees the need for this armour recommends you listen accurately to the owner of that promise is secondary...but there we go.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 07:05:10 PM »

In what direction should we look for Wormwood?
Accurately!
Albert Einstein

Khatru

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 07:09:46 PM »
The impending fly by of the Wormwood star system

What is this?

Please tell us where this Wormwood star system is to be found.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker

jjohnjil

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:15 PM »
What is this?

W12 0AE

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2016, 07:50:53 PM »
Sparky,

Let's look at this another way bluehillside...Let's say, after 2000 years you are invited to enter into a place of great safety providing you have the most up to date protection...which, as it turns out, is simply a coat of armour made out of a spiritual/electric force because then you will fit in nicely with those who are also wearing that same electric/spiritual protection. There is a terrible danger looming and you see no harm in trying to wing it a bit with those who offered the armour along with an undertaking from you that you will merit wearing it. But...and here is the rub...that spiritual armour is the mechanics by which salvation is achieved...no armour equals no protection...so no winging it.

It's really is as simple as that...that is how Judgment works...the fact that someone who sees the need for this armour recommends you listen accurately to the owner of that promise is secondary...but there we go.

Cheese and pickle sandwiches.

No, let's not. Let's start with your basic problem first of explaining why you think this or any other fanciful conjecture to be more likely to be true that just guessing and then - but only then - need we trouble ourselves with the details of your assertions.

If you still refuse point blank to tell us why you believe any of this stuff, will you at least tell us why you keep ducking and diving whenever you're asked the question?   
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:01:40 PM by bluehillside »

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2016, 08:29:20 PM »
Sparky,

No, let's not. Let's start with your basic problem first of explaining why you think this or any other fanciful conjecture to be more likely to be true that just guessing and then - but only then - need we trouble ourselves with the details of your assertions.

If you still refuse point blank to tell us why you believe any of this stuff, will you at least tell us why you keep ducking and diving whenever you're asked the question?

Well bluehillside...you don't deny that the Holy Bible exists do you?

So point one is that it does exist and it is filled with wonderful messages, with wonderful promises to those who can gently see through all the brain washing and misinformation of those who choose not to believe in it. It's all there...in that sacred writing plus many other wonderful claims.

Among those claims is the one where God says...through Isaiah, that all the stars are made from a wonderful dynamic energy or God's Mighty Power...now, 4000 years later, we find that scientists are saying everything is energy and it is blatantly obvious that all the stars are electric furnaces performing electrical manoeuvres that are yet not fully understood.

I can help...but I will do it in my own time...or rather, as I feel inspired to tell you.

Science says that all the fundamental forces in the universe must unify into one set of reasoning...well there it is, in black and white...Almighty God is the pivot point from where all this complex stuff has unification...but Jesus Christ showed us more than just science...he taught the mechanics behind resurrection and I am afraid you will have to humble yourself a little to come even close. So here are 3 very good reasons why you should believe in Jesus Christ and Almighty God...the 4th is Wormwood.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »
What is this?

According to many observers it is coming from behind the sun. It keeps peeping from beyond it at certain times and has been seen from many points all over the world. It is part of a partner solar system to our own called Nemesis and is reputed to have at least 8 planets and much debris associated with a brown dwarf star. Legend has it that it comes round on a regular orbit every few thousand years or so and causes great disturbance to this planet when it sweeps past. I have made the connection between this event and Wormwood because it fits in with the Biblical narrative in Revelation...but you can explore that yourself, as I did, and decide for yourself...YouTube is full of it.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
Sparky,

Well bluehillside...you don't deny that the Holy Bible exists do you?

I don't deny that the Bible exists, no. Whether it's "holy" (whatever that means) is a faith opinion though. So far as I can tell it's a folkloric compendium that's part history, part fiction, part moral teaching etc that happened to catch the wind and took root when other similar tomes did not.     

So point one is that it does exist and it is filled with wonderful messages, with wonderful promises to those who can gently see through all the brain washing and misinformation of those who choose not to believe in it. It's all there...in that sacred writing plus many other wonderful claims.

No, the only point is that the Bible exists. That you think it to be "holy", full of "wonderful" this, that and the other is just a personal opinion you happen to have. I could also point to parts of it that are despicable - as is the way with most supposedly "holy" tomes. They actually reflect the mores of the people who wrote and edited them, not of the supposed deities they claim to exist. 

Among those claims is the one where God says...through Isaiah, that all the stars are made from a wonderful dynamic energy or God's Mighty Power...now, 4000 years later, we find that scientists are saying everything is energy and it is blatantly obvious that all the stars are electric furnaces performing electrical manoeuvres that are yet not fully understood.

First, "scientists" are saying no such thing.

Second, focus on that word "claim" for a minute. The Bible claims lots of things. So does the Koran. So does the Torah. So do the Harry Potter books. 

Your problem here is to establish a logical path from the claim to the probable truth of the claim. 

I can help...but I will do it in my own time...or rather, as I feel inspired to tell you.

I don't doubt that you think so. Take as long as you want to take. Be aware though that - until you finally do - you risk being treated as a fantasist and blithering idiot by those of us who can readily falsify your un-argued and un-evidenced assertions. 

Science says that all the fundamental forces in the universe must unify into one set of reasoning...

No "science" does not. Some people in the field look for a unified theory of everything, but that does not mean that there must be one. Have you any sense of how dull your continual just making stuff up is becoming?

Anything?

///well there it is, in black and white...Almighty God is the pivot point from where all this complex stuff has unification...but Jesus Christ showed us more than just science...

No it isn't. "Almighty God" etc are just faith claims that make sense to your intellect but that offer no explanatory power whatever because they offer nothing that's investigable. You may as well have said "Almighty Allah", or "Almighty Colin the Leprechaun" for all the explanatory use your assertion has. 

...he taught the mechanics behind resurrection...

If you say so. The problem there though is that you offer no reasoning whatever to explain why you think there was a resurrection. "Because a book says so" is not an argument - it's just an assertion. That's why I keep asking you why you believe any of this stuff to be true, albeit that you keep saying the equivalent of "cheese and pickle sandwiches" in reply when I do. 

...and I am afraid you will have to humble yourself a little to come even close.

Don't be afraid. So far all you've offered are the ramblings of a badly disordered mind. If you want anyone to think you and your claims to be something other than that though, then finally you'll at least have to attempt an argument of some kind to validate them. (You may recall by the way that I've taken the time elsewhere to correct you on the meaning of the word "argument", so you have no excuse now to get it wrong again.)   

So here are 3 very good reasons why you should believe in Jesus Christ and Almighty God...the 4th is Wormwood.

No, so far the only "reason" is your assertions. If you seriously want to propose a proper reason, then at long last you'll need to make a supporting argument to take your from "just guessing" to "probably true".

In the unlikely event that you do attempt it though, I wish you well in the effort.   

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:21:15 PM by bluehillside »

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2016, 08:57:50 PM »
According to many observers it is coming from behind the sun. It keeps peeping from beyond it at certain times and has been seen from many points all over the world.
' behind the sun' is a relative term Niclueless.
Please try harder.
Albert Einstein

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
Sparky,

According to many observers it is coming from behind the sun...

Stop lying - it's just boring.

God

Khatru

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2016, 09:04:28 PM »
According to many observers it is coming from behind the sun. It keeps peeping from beyond it at certain times and has been seen from many points all over the world. It is part of a partner solar system to our own called Nemesis and is reputed to have at least 8 planets and much debris associated with a brown dwarf star. Legend has it that it comes round on a regular orbit every few thousand years or so and causes great disturbance to this planet when it sweeps past. I have made the connection between this event and Wormwood because it fits in with the Biblical narrative in Revelation...but you can explore that yourself, as I did, and decide for yourself...YouTube is full of it.

How big is This Wormwood star?  Is it bigger than our sun?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Dorothy Parker