Author Topic: Repent the end is nigh  (Read 39642 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Repent the end is nigh
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »
That is not the literal meaning of the word 'repentance', NM Try to be 'accurate', please.

Sorry Anchorman...I write according to my righteous teaching inspired by Jesus Christ's accurate word. I'm aware that I can make mistakes but I'm not sure I have here.

Sassy

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2016, 10:50:08 AM »
Repentance is all about realising that following the world's machinations leads to the opposite of what Jesus taught to us and promised us and so choosing righteousness instead.

There are many benefits to quietly and calmly, sincereley and respectfully taking in the accurate knowledge of Jesus...many of which I have already brought to your attention...that is the collective 'your'. But there are also benefits not so obvious.

Take gravity for example. By repentance we become more spiritually aware and by upbuilding our spiritual strength gravity which bears heavily upon us all becomes less of a dead weight. We can see just how much of a burden it can be when we see many people shuffling around the hypermarket with various combersome difficulties. Now Jesus walked on water so following him...accurately...is a sure fire way of reducing the burden of gravity and will make repentance well worthwhile.

Life in Christ, I personally find repentance is knowing who Jesus is and what he did for us all.
We repent of our sins resolved to walk in the light and knowledge of Jesus Christ so coming to know God.
The more we remove sin the close our walk and relationship with God develops. The more our relationship develops the less we want to sin and the more we recognise sin in our life and it becomes grevious to us.

It is a complete sacrifice so no need to sacrifice the LORD over and over again. A sacrifice which covers all sins when we come to God through Christ because Christ died for ALL sin. The sins of the world so we can know and love God and each other.

In our heavenly Fathers Kingdom, there is no least or no greater, we are all loved by God and held in the palm of his hand.
It isn't about what others think of us, it is the reassurance of God knowing and loving us that makes our walk with him count.

Paul said:  " For me to live is Christ, to die is gain."  He didn't mean just being alive here he meant being alive in Christ and dying to self here. In Christ he was made alive and the old person died.His gain is knowing Christ and walking in Gods way till it was time to be with the Lord Jesus and the LORD God.

We, that is each of us need to stop looking in the mirror and seeing what we think we are. But look in the mirror of love and see ourselves as God sees us. Restored, healed, forgiven and loved.
It is easier to fail if we see our old self, but it makes living as a believer easier when we see ourselves as God now sees us.
Nothing we earn or can earn but Gods love and grace changing us from within looking at us through his eyes.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

NicholasMarks

« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2016, 11:38:02 AM »

Sassy/Floo...

No arguments there Sassy. But we should be guided by the fact that neither Almighty God or Jesus are responsible for the way things are and repentance is about reclaiming life in the way Jesus showed us.

If our health is faulty or our circumstances, it is because we are in sin. That can be genetic sin or at the hand of evil, or at our  own hands...and Jesus taught us how to shake off those sins. Not in an instant but progressively, in a slow and careful way, whilst supported by God's living waters which supplies the emotional strength and support required leading ultimately to everlasting life...don't be fooled by iniquity. This is achievable only by following Jesus righteously and accurately.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
NM health has NOTHING to do with faith, it is very wrong of you to claim it does. I know many devout Christians who have suffered from ghastly health problems. You are being very misleading, and frankly you are lying! >:(

I know someone suffering with mental health problems who was told by a devout Christian that they were caused by sin. He was so upset he tried to commit suicide!  :o

That is very tragic and iniquity at its worst. Upbuilding a righteous spirit much more conjucive to righteous accuracy. Helping someone to attach to God's righteous word and subsequently God's living waters much more constructive because it is the same nourishment which feeds our emotional exhaustion.

You know you could prove me wrong by putting it to the test.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »
That is very tragic and iniquity at its worst. Upbuilding a righteous spirit much more conjucive to righteous accuracy. Helping someone to attach to God's righteous word and subsequently God's living waters much more constructive because it is the same nourishment which feeds our emotional exhaustion.

You know you could prove me wrong by putting it to the test.
What test would that be?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2016, 01:13:54 PM »
Sassy/Floo...

No arguments there Sassy. But we should be guided by the fact that neither Almighty God or Jesus are responsible for the way things are and repentance is about reclaiming life in the way Jesus showed us.

If our health is faulty or our circumstances, it is because we are in sin. That can be genetic sin or at the hand of evil, or at our  own hands...and Jesus taught us how to shake off those sins. Not in an instant but progressively, in a slow and careful way, whilst supported by God's living waters which supplies the emotional strength and support required leading ultimately to everlasting life...don't be fooled by iniquity. This is achievable only by following Jesus righteously and accurately.

Sassy/Floo...

Sorry, NM, but with all respect, not only is that trash, but dangerous trash.
I know many Christians who are in poor health, and many othr Christians such as myself who are disabled.
You obviously haven't read what Jesus said on the matter.
Try doing so - accurately.
The wages of sin, NM, is death.
Not ill health,
Not disability -
And absolutely NOT cancer - another pet idea of yours.
There is no Christian doctrine which supports this in any way whatsoever.
Try thinking - accurately - please.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2016, 01:29:46 PM »
I agree.

NM I've known sick people who have been bombarded with that sort of talk, virtually on death bed. 

One was a lovely Christian lady in her eighties who was diabetic, had cancer and Parkinson's.   She was dying and what was marvellous about her was the fact that she bore it cheerfully (most of the time), despite being timid and disliking hospitals, etc, she was deaf too which made it all more difficult. 
She made the most of what she had left.

A woman from her church came along and preached at her, telling her God would take it all away.  It was extremely upsetting for her.

We are all going to be ill, have accidents and eventually die!!!  That's a fact. Thank goodness for it too, who wants to live forever (to quote Fred)?  It's how we deal with problems that counts.

Nick, go on as much as you like about signs and wonders but leave the sick alone please.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »
Not only that, Brownie, but the greatest of the early apostles - Paul - was ailing. Whether one accepts the 'thorn in the flesh' as physical or not, there is also ample evidence in both Acts and Paul's letters that he was losing his sight - and toward the end of his life was, for all intents and purposes, virtually blind. So much for NM's argument, then.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2016, 03:52:05 PM »
You are quite right, Anchor.

We all know that certain things (habits etc) contribute to ill health and that, very often, psychiatric conditions come about or are at least exacerbated by 'baggage' carried around and all that has to be dealt with,  but at the end of the day, sick people are sick and everyone dies.

I don't like talking about personal things but I do have experience of some of this so know what I am talking about.

Faith in the Lord is wonderful but help to cope with our problems is what I always ask for.  I might ask God to take something away, of course, and of course he could, but I'm a human being who has a limited life span and what I do with that is more important than how long it is.

Thank you, Anchor.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Sassy

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2017, 01:57:53 PM »
Sassy/Floo...

If our health is faulty or our circumstances, it is because we are in sin.
That can be genetic sin or at the hand of evil, or at our  own hands...and Jesus taught us how to shake off those sins. Not in an instant but progressively, in a slow and careful way, whilst supported by God's living waters which supplies the emotional strength and support required leading ultimately to everlasting life...don't be fooled by iniquity. This is achievable only by following Jesus righteously and accurately.

It isn't always so, Nick,

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Sickness and all that goes with it, is from Satan. God does not want to see anyone suffer.

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

ippy

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
Life in Christ, I personally find repentance is knowing who Jesus is and what he did for us all.
We repent of our sins resolved to walk in the light and knowledge of Jesus Christ so coming to know God.
The more we remove sin the close our walk and relationship with God develops. The more our relationship develops the less we want to sin and the more we recognise sin in our life and it becomes grevious to us.

It is a complete sacrifice so no need to sacrifice the LORD over and over again. A sacrifice which covers all sins when we come to God through Christ because Christ died for ALL sin. The sins of the world so we can know and love God and each other.

In our heavenly Fathers Kingdom, there is no least or no greater, we are all loved by God and held in the palm of his hand.r
It isn't about what others think of us, it is the reassurance of God knowing and loving us that makes our walk with him count.

Paul said:  " For me to live is Christ, to die is gain."  He didn't mean just being alive here he meant being alive in Christ and dying to self here. In Christ he was made alive and the old person died.His gain is knowing Christ and walking in Gods way till it was time to be with the Lord Jesus and the LORD God.

We, that is each of us need to stop looking in the mirror and seeing what we think we are. But look in the mirror of love and see ourselves as God sees us. Restored, healed, forgiven and loved.
It is easier to fail if we see our old self, but it makes living as a believer easier when we see ourselves as God now sees us.
Nothing we earn or can earn but Gods love and grace changing us from within looking at us through his eyes.

Sass I couldn't help noticing this post of yours?

You've written it as though you're stating facts?

Is there any particular reason why you keep doing this?

I thought your long drawn out acres of text type posts were only about your belief, surly you don't think you're making statements of fact?

ippy

ippy

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
Sassy/Floo...

My previous post 213 could equally be addressed to you Nick, what is going on here?

ippy

DaveM

• The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »
I am sure the 'end timers' will be having a field day over this catastrophic hurricane. They always come out in force when anything bad happens, but we are still here.
Floo you really must get up to date. The end is due between 20-23 September this year. Have you never heard of Planet X or Niribu as it is usually called?  That is when it is scheduled to strike the earth with catastrophic consequences.  NASA have photographs in their possession of the planet approaching but are keeping it secret.  I have read all about it on the internet. So it must be true.  You only have ten days to prepare so it is urgent.  I have already got my white robes out, washed and ironed and will be standing on the roof to make sure there are no obstacles to collide with on my way up. :P :P

Sassy

« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »
Sickness and all that goes with it, is from Satan. God does not want to see anyone suffer.

That doesn't correlate with what is in the Bible!

The frankly my dear, you have never read the bible.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »
Repent the end is nigh is very poignant message to us all today.Never before has the world been in such turmoil with the expectancy of far worse to come. It's all dependant on whether we have a righteous spirit or not when Wormwood strikes and when the fiery lake of sulphur presents itself and that could be quite soon if we follow the signs.

torridon

« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2017, 09:29:07 AM »
Repent the end is nigh is very poignant message to us all today.Never before has the world been in such turmoil with the expectancy of far worse to come. It's all dependant on whether we have a righteous spirit or not when Wormwood strikes and when the fiery lake of sulphur presents itself and that could be quite soon if we follow the signs.

Is that Sparklian for 'reduce your carbon footprint and give up eating meat' ?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
Will that be 'soon' Nick?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2017, 10:08:09 AM »
Floo/Seb/torridon...

Thankyou Floo, though highlighting the facts that most of your scientists are sitting on and which many governments are preparing for, in front of your very eyes, without you having any comprehension of, doesn't really count as light relief.

You see Seb...everything that is happening in the world today equates down to a rogue solar system that is entering our own solar space, and along with frantic measures for survival of the (un)fittest it seems that we, ourselves, will be preoccupied with wars and rumours of wars...still, each to their own...especially if a spiritual eternity within one of these rogue, planetary bodies, turns you on...so be it.

You must remember torri that carbon is made from a wonderful electric plasma wrapped around a tiny black-hole, and as such, will dissolve back to its plasma state, along with all the other elements that aren't secured to the earth...which is a good job because the fiery lake of sulphur will then rid us of distressed electric plasma patterns including nuclear waste and those who refuse to repent.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
;D

Sorry Floo...I forgot, you have absolute proof that the universe isn't created by a superabundant, electric plasma, that responds to the influences upon it in exactly the same way that all chemists and all physicists must come to accept. It's a shame, but Almighty God owns it all, and he has given us all the clues written throughout his teaching and moresome, because through the Gospels we know that this indestructible property can deliver repair, resurrection, and ultimately, everlasting life, for those who take righteousness seriously. 

I'm here to save, not condemn, but it can be a hard struggle. Jesus Christ has all the answers...but...as you say at the outset...we must repent...asap...because the end is nigh.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »
Assertions, assertions, with nothing to support them. ::) You are entitled to believe in your god created accurate, electrical universe if that turns you on. However, those of us who don't see it your way are just as entitled to hold the default position of unbelief, until there is verifiable evidence to prove us wrong.

There is a subtle difference Floo...my source of information tells me what will happen in the future...a future that is justified by what has happened in the past. If we are made from an electric plasma that is generated from within the living-cell, then we have to be careful what we do with our body of living-cells, else they will go hostile on us and make our lives a misery. Jesus Christ, and only Jesus Christ has the true answer which begins with treating our electric plasma as if it is a righteous spirit and  thereby get some relief from the pains we otherwise condemn ourselves to by ignoring Jesus and his righteous teaching. Of course, this is just scratching the surface...but it all starts with repentance...remember?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
Floo/Seb/torridon...

You see Seb...everything that is happening in the world today equates down to a rogue solar system that is entering our own solar space,
Where?
How far away?
In what direction?

Then I will turn my telescope towards it to see if I can spot it.
Simples?
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »
Where?
How far away?
In what direction?

Then I will turn my telescope towards it to see if I can spot it.
Simples?

There are a multiple of researchers already doing it for you Seb. Try YouTube if you are interested. My reasoning comes mainly from the Holy Bible which states clearly, what, when, and how.

What....Wormwood and the fiery lake of sulphur.
When...When we least expect it.
How.....In such a way as will dissolve all the elements.

Clues...We will hear about wars and rumours of wars.
           There will be food shortages and earthquakes in diverse places.
           There will be virtually a total disbelief in Almighty God and Jesus Christ.

So...why the rich and the uncaring are running for their bunkers we, the majority will be left exposed  to the elements, though the wise will have repented before, (to quote Floo) the end is nigh.

torridon

« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »

You see Seb...everything that is happening in the world today equates down to a rogue solar system that is entering our own solar space, and along with frantic measures for survival of the (un)fittest it seems that we, ourselves, will be preoccupied with wars and rumours of wars...still, each to their own...especially if a spiritual eternity within one of these rogue, planetary bodies, turns you on...so be it.

You must remember torri that carbon is made from a wonderful electric plasma wrapped around a tiny black-hole, and as such, will dissolve back to its plasma state, along with all the other elements that aren't secured to the earth...which is a good job because the fiery lake of sulphur will then rid us of distressed electric plasma patterns including nuclear waste and those who refuse to repent.

Gloriously bonkers  :D ;D

NicholasMarks

« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »
And your source of information is? BTW what are your scientific qualifications?

Going round in circles wont help you escape scientific truth, Floo. It is all in the Holy Bible...Almighty God created the universe from his vast dynamic energy and awe inspiring power, or, if you prefer, his great power and mighty strength, (Isaiah 40:26). You might expect then that this material has a terrific impact on all our lives and if you can't believe the 'word' made flesh, the son of Almighty God, Jesus Christ, then I'm afraid the natural consequences, of a natural, but devastating event, foretold in many verses of the Holy Bible, but especially in Revelation, then you simply won't be ready in time. But worse than this...your eternal spirit will be imprisoned with all those evicted from this planet, the hoods, the scammers, the deceitful and all the rest of them identified in Revelation 21:8...for all eternity.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
Gloriously bonkers  :D ;D

Me, torri, or the Holy Bible, which is my source of information, and which millions upon millions have found to be a refreshing source of truth, because the science really does work.