Author Topic: 666  (Read 51098 times)

Maeght

Re: 666
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
You missed the bit about Jesus supporting him to the hilt...Maeght. The Bible says that each bear witness to the other. What you are failing to see is that we are dealing with a very advanced civilization here and just a glance through key points tells us this.

No I didn't miss it at all.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2016, 05:42:37 PM »
No I didn't miss it at all.

Well Maeght, if you pull this together with the many things I have said and many things the Holy Bible says and the many things that many people have said over many generations...you might hear a mighty and powerful voice telling you that Almighty God is exactly who he says he is in the Holy Bible...Worth a good read...surely.

Maeght

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
Well Maeght, if you pull this together with the many things I have said and many things the Holy Bible says and the many things that many people have said over many generations...you might hear a mighty and powerful voice telling you that Almighty God is exactly who he says he is in the Holy Bible...Worth a good read...surely.

You said Almighty God exists because he told us so - which is totally illogical. Not interested in getting into all the many things you have said, which are equally illogical and just an expression of you slightly unusual beliefs as this has been done many times and is pointless. I certainly have never heard a mighty and powerful voice telling me anything and reading the Bible certainly isn't a good read as far as I'm concerned.

ippy

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2016, 08:03:52 PM »
You've been answered many times ippy, in many different ways...but I'm not exhausted of trying to save you hoping that others...shyer people, might read and be guided to repent without going through this onslaught.

Almighty God exists because he told us so. He sent Jesus Christ who supported Almighty God to the hilt. Now, you might think you can by-pass the Holy Bible and receive the same...understanding...faith...health support...comfort...and hope for the future. Something that no one can achieve without direct knowledge of what is being Biblically spoken, but that's a bit like going to defend yourself in court without a barrister...you will just get lost in the jargon...and with your attitude probably executed for a parking fine.

Yes Nick you have answered me in many times in many different ways but, unfortunatly you've never answered the question I have been trying to get over to you.

This reply of yours could be taken by some as the ramblings of a lost their marbles ologist if they didn't know better.

It might be a good idea to look at this part of this particular post of yours where you have declared the following: "Almighty god exists because he told us so", where's the evidence that can be verified that any such thing existed let alone really does exist.

What you've done in effect is tell me the bible is proving the bible to be about things that actually happend, the bilble is proving the bible, now that is absolutly beyond potty, you must realise this Nick, come on?

Wakey wakey Nick, open those eyeballs of yours and do a lot better than you have been doing and answer the question asked?

ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2016, 10:48:53 PM »
ippy/Maeght...

You have convinced yourselves that there is no God and refuse to entertain the idea that there is...The mistake you are all making...including Floo is in thinking that that God and Jesus are an age old myth not worth bothering about  and refusing to see a very advanced Deity that is playing out a plan from which they wont deviate.

This is proven by science especially as the Drake Equation positively states there is a strong possibility that other life forms are alive in this universe...many of them living on planets in the Milky Way...and according to other eye-witnesses they have this planet under surveillance.

This possibility automatically means that their level of intelligence is far greater than ours and could see things totally different to us.

The plan appears to be to warn the population on this planet of an impending danger and telling us that there is a way of protecting ourselves...the same way Jesus did from an event that carried the same dangers.

One thing we can be certain of if we accept the science and eye-witness accounts is that these visitors have a leader and Jesus was full of the authority of this leader calling him Almighty God.

If you want to know more about that leader from Heaven you must read the reports left behind by them after they actively interacted with people on this planet...it's all in the Holy Bible...but the choice is yours.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:53:25 PM by NicholasMarks »

Maeght

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »
ippy/Maeght...

You have convinced yourselves that there is no God and refuse to entertain the idea that there is...The mistake you are all making...including Floo is in thinking that that God and Jesus are an age old myth not worth bothering about  and refusing to see a very advanced Deity that is playing out a plan from which they wont deviate.

This is proven by science especially as the Drake Equation positively states there is a strong possibility that other life forms are alive in this universe...many of them living on planets in the Milky Way...and according to other eye-witnesses they have this planet under surveillance.

This possibility automatically means that their level of intelligence is far greater than ours and could see things totally different to us.

The plan appears to be to warn the population on this planet of an impending danger and telling us that there is a way of protecting ourselves...the same way Jesus did from an event that carried the same dangers.

One thing we can be certain of if we accept the science and eye-witness accounts is that these visitors have a leader and Jesus was full of the authority of this leader calling him Almighty God.

If you want to know more about that leader from Heaven you must read the reports left behind by them after they actively interacted with people on this planet...it's all in the Holy Bible...but the choice is yours.

Line I said, you have beliefs which are somewhat unusual and which I don't share.

floo

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2016, 08:19:28 AM »
What NM doesn't get is the more he posts the less and less convincing is his POV.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2016, 09:19:40 AM »
What NM doesn't get is the more he posts the less and less convincing is his POV.

We will just have to wait and see then...but in the mean time I will concentrate on the wonderful benifits inspired by Jesus's accurate word.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:34:28 AM by NicholasMarks »

Walter

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »
We will just have to wait and see then...but in the mean time I will concentrate on the wonderful benifits inspired by Jesus's accurate word.
Nick
why don't you just free yourself from all this preaching and waiting and enjoy life

one life-live it .

NicholasMarks

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
Nick
why don't you just free yourself from all this preaching and waiting and enjoy life

one life-live it .

I don'y read that in the Holy Bible Walter...I read that there is a lot of pain and suffering in the world, much of it hidden from view...and that by careful observance of Jesus Christ's written teaching we are releasing ourselves from any responsibility in those issues...and life isn't to be sneezed at if we realise that a healthy, more righteous spirit is the cure-all of our many ailments.

We are told that our one life can continue into all eternity if we harness it as Jesus taught us.

Walter

« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2016, 11:37:29 AM »
I don'y read that in the Holy Bible Walter...I read that there is a lot of pain and suffering in the world, much of it hidden from view...and that by careful observance of Jesus Christ's written teaching we are releasing ourselves from any responsibility in those issues...and life isn't to be sneezed at if we realise that a healthy, more righteous spirit is the cure-all of our many ailments.

We are told that our one life can continue into all eternity if we harness it as Jesus taught us.
my advice;

stop reading YOUR bible and see life for what it really is . Religion is irrelevant to a good ,happy and fulfilling life , I've never had it in mine and guess what , the world has not stopped turning.

ippy

« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »
ippy/Maeght...

No Nick I haven't convinced myself that there is no god; I've yet to see any verifiable evidence that would support this misguided idea in the first place.

My question to you was where is your evidence that would support and be verifiable that the figure of this god/Jesus idea of yours does really exist outside of the imaginations of the various supporters of the idea and of course yourself? An idea that's all it is at the moment.

You still haven't supplied any verifiable evidence Nick; you can't? Or wont?

ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
ippy/Walter/Maeght...

Refusing to read the evidence is no way of establishing a truth. The Holy Bible is a solid point of evidence and you all seem to have the ability to argue against it without asking yourselves any deep, meaningful, wonderful questions that all scientists of any merit must ask themselves before the birth of some powerful science...often under severe criticism from their own colleagues, so I'm in good company.

It is how the human brain works...some have the ability to bring many points of interest together in a useful way...others don't...but we are told that the healthier the platform of our our thinking works the healthier our general health will be and that is proven by many methods of experiment...so taking care of that equipment is essential and the modern take on Jesus Christ's teaching indicates this is a huge part of its benefits...except, of course, for those who prefer their own wisdom.

Maeght

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
ippy/Walter/Maeght...

Refusing to read the evidence is no way of establishing a truth. The Holy Bible is a solid point of evidence and you all seem to have the ability to argue against it without asking yourselves any deep, meaningful, wonderful questions that all scientists of any merit must ask themselves before the birth of some powerful science...often under severe criticism from their own colleagues, so I'm in good company.

Just because we don't share your beliefs doesn't mean anyone is refusing to read what you consider evidence, nor are we not asking deep, menaingful questions. Just because we don't share your beliefs

It is how the human brain works...some have the ability to bring many points of interest together in a useful way...others don't...but we are told that the healthier the platform of our our thinking works the healthier our general health will be and that is proven by many methods of experiment...so taking care of that equipment is essential and the modern take on Jesus Christ's teaching indicates this is a huge part of its benefits...except, of course, for those who prefer their own wisdom.

Have you ever thought the problem is in your brain?

NicholasMarks

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2016, 01:22:26 PM »
Just because we don't share your beliefs doesn't mean anyone is refusing to read what you consider evidence, nor are we not asking deep, menaingful questions. Just because we don't share your beliefs

Have you ever thought the problem is in your brain?

I know it is vicious circle arguments Maeght and that I am falling headlong into them...but it is all part of the need to penetrate spiritual blindness. The Holy Bible exists...it is evidence...if it didn't exist you could say it isn't evidence...but it does. No one can argue against that evidence unless they can disprove it as evidence and frankly you can't. Not only that but millions of people have accepted that evidence as a true and accurate version of facts and have clung together to state and restate that evidence over and over again. That is a second point of evidence. Many regimes have attached themselves to that evidence because, though they themselves aren't interested they know that it soothes the emotional wounds of the many and so they have reluctantly accepted it as an acceptable way to hold their peoples together, under their terms of iniquity imposed upon that teaching...this is further evidence...plus the modern insight which states that we, as a people, are only like a pimple on the universal knowledge of science, which has many more truths to throw at us...but, apparently, we must be receptive.

Not even solid, stout, outspoken disbelievers, can prevent the truth from coming out because science is indisputable and the Holy Bible is an overview of God's science...and righteousness isn't to high a price to pay for that universal knowledge.

floo

« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2016, 01:33:41 PM »
Just because the Bible exists doesn't mean that it is verifiable evidence for the existence of a god etc.

Walter

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2016, 02:03:31 PM »
Just because the Bible exists doesn't mean that it is verifiable evidence for the existence of a god etc.
Harry Potter is also a real person , I've read the book.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »
Harry Potter is also a real person , I've read the book.

You might have noticed just how many adherents Harry Potter has Walter but you don't see many of those in the arena exposed to lions  or other hostile acts to try and squash this new teaching which the oppressive regime considered destructive to their hold over the people. No caring or compassion just brutal oppression...No wonder Jesus was so popular...excluding those who violated human rights...you know the ones...those encoded 666 in Revelation.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »

The Holy Bible is evidence that there is a teaching which brought a whole nation together and bonded them together until this current age...now just as historians look at history to determine the truth the Bible student looks at the Holy Bible, and, it seems, finds much credible evidence within it.

The modern evidence all centres around Jesus Christ and many people have tested that truth and generally you find them much more responsible and kinder and even loving towards their fellowman.

When at war the war chiefs find that adherence to their cause best addressed if they pay special attention to morale...so it is wise to look at the morale building inspired by both the Old testament and its impact on the Jews and the New Testament with its impact of those administering fine works with the poor and the damaged and the poor in spirit, because of their beliefs...whilst others seem to say...to hell with the lot of em.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2016, 03:19:31 PM »

The Holy Bible is evidence that there is a teaching which brought a whole nation together and bonded them together until this current age...now just as historians look at history to determine the truth the Bible student looks at the Holy Bible, and, it seems, finds much credible evidence within it.

Hang on......
'Whole nation'?
What 'whole nation'? Not according to the Bible, NM.
The Jewish kingdom was only united under three rulers.

The modern evidence all centres around Jesus Christ and many people have tested that truth and generally you find them much more responsible and kinder and even loving towards their fellowman.

What 'modern evidence'?

When at war the war chiefs find that adherence to their cause best addressed if they pay special attention to morale...so it is wise to look at the morale building inspired by both the Old testament and its impact on the Jews and the New Testament with its impact of those administering fine works with the poor and the damaged and the poor in spirit, because of their beliefs...whilst others seem to say...to hell with the lot of em.

Eh?

"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

floo

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2016, 03:40:52 PM »
Eh?

Eh? indeed, NM's utterances get weirder and weirder! :o

NicholasMarks

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »
Eh? indeed, NM's utterances get weirder and weirder! :o

Just as science doesn't allow for error...neither does the Holy Bible. It all stems from one pure, indisputable fact...That all the energy that built all the stars and atoms and all scientific laws are the result of God's mighty power contained from within a wonderful dynamic energy and adherence to Jesus' righteous laws brings that energy alive in our own lives as God's Living Waters...You are welcome to ignore that fact but Jesus says its unwise to.

Walter

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2016, 04:24:21 PM »
Just as science doesn't allow for error...neither does the Holy Bible. It all stems from one pure, indisputable fact...That all the energy that built all the stars and atoms and all scientific laws are the result of God's mighty power contained from within a wonderful dynamic energy and adherence to Jesus' righteous laws brings that energy alive in our own lives as God's Living Waters...You are welcome to ignore that fact but Jesus says its unwise to.
Nick
I'm going to take a chance and ignore what your Jesus has to say. Would you have the courage to do that?
Try it,  you'll probably find it very liberating.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2016, 04:29:48 PM »
I wonder if NM is a JW with a spin?

Years ago he told us that he thought the New World Translation was the most "accurate" (though since he appears to know no Hebrew, Aramaic or Koine Greek, one wonders how he would judge this).
However, as is apparent, most of his ramblings depart from from JW beliefs according to whatever thoughts have come into his mind that particular day, in a free-associative way.

Indeed, NM's beliefs depart from the one central JW belief in a very negative way, which may interest you. Though their stance on blood transfusions is contemptible, they do not believe in a hell as a place of eternal torment - surely a point in their favour? However, NM seems to be rather keen on threats of "eternal hell fire" in a very traditional, fundamentalist way.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

floo

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
NM seems to be a very mixed up individual where his faith is concerned.