Author Topic: 666  (Read 51076 times)

Dicky Underpants

Re: 666
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2016, 12:52:31 PM »
Well...Anchorman...as I have already pointed out, Isaiah...a man...talks about God administering recompense on all his enemies, (Isaiah 66:6) and Revelation happens to point out that 666 is the number that incorporates the number of the beast and that beast, by consolidating both passages, is made up of all God's enemies...each member like living cells in that beasts body...and they must all think alike...so their philosophy must all be the same, and as I have pointed out the philosophy of evil is, in various forms, entrenched in bullying...the stealing of other peoples vital inner strength by ruthless tactics.

Needless to say Jesus Christ teaches a way of life diametrically opposed to bullying...in any way, shape or form...and much more besides.

But you need to take note of Matthew 7: 21-23
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2016, 03:02:20 PM »
I think that the analogy is wonderfully accurate Anchorman...but it is the background knowledge that it all contains like the suffering of the Jews and the suffering of those at the hands of Jimmy Savile...not to mention the young hopefuls being abused by football coaches stealing the innocence of their charges. We could go on and on into many walks of life showing that this sort of abuse is very harmful leaving life-time effects and with knock-on effects which no one seems to be able to get to grips with...neither can I...but Jesus Christ can if we follow him accurately...he can rebuild us stronger than we ever were before and the bully will simply fall by the wayside like so much chaff in a breeze.

And those that condemn Almighty God and Jesus Christ for not being with them at difficult times will see that they were there all the time just waiting for us to be receptive to their help.

Flinging the word 'accurate' into every statement - even when you cannot find any accuracy - is daft, NM.
I asked if the number 666 occurs in the book in question.
As you well know, it does not.
Therefore the only 'accurate' answer would be 'No'.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2016, 05:05:54 PM »

Flinging the word 'accurate' into every statement - even when you cannot find any accuracy - is daft, NM.

If you fling in 'science', 'bully', 'circular', 'Wormwood' and 'dynamic' then you have the basics for all Nick style examples of a sentence/paragraph/phrase/thesis etc.  ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2016, 07:59:40 PM »

I asked if the number 666 occurs in the book in question.
As you well know, it does not.
Therefore the only 'accurate' answer would be 'No'.

66:6 identifies the statement in Isaiah that I refer to, Anchorman...All God's Enemies. Now, it is a final Judgement statement  because it incorporates 'all' God's enemies...there is not one extra nor one less but all of them.

Now...you may not like my interpretation but it is a valid interpretation...drawn from the Holy Bible...and it makes enormous sense to me...else I wouldn't have published it.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »
You have been told that 66.6 has no part in the text, NM. The text, as given to the Jews and as part of our Scriptures, only received the numbers in the middle ages - from a Roman Catholic monastic scholar, if you must know. Why do you try to associate the medieval number with the original - where it did not, in fact, exist?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

NicholasMarks

« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2016, 08:07:15 PM »
But you need to take note of Matthew 7: 21-23

Read it specially for you Dicky...now...please show me my error in stating...'follow Jesus Christ accurately, as he taught us, showed us, and died for us, then was resurrected for us'. Personally I see no righteous fault there but it highlights an awful lot of iniquity and Jesus certainly isn't very keen on iniquity...he made that very clear.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:12:50 PM by NicholasMarks »

NicholasMarks

« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »
You have been told that 66.6 has no part in the text, NM. The text, as given to the Jews and as part of our Scriptures, only received the numbers in the middle ages - from a Roman Catholic monastic scholar, if you must know. Why do you try to associate the medieval number with the original - where it did not, in fact, exist?

Because my God has the ability to define future events and build this advanced knowledge into his word before it happens. I'm quite happy to accept that there are other accurate interpretations but that doesn't make mine any the less valid.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2016, 09:11:07 PM »
Because my God has the ability to define future events and build this advanced knowledge into his word before it happens. I'm quite happy to accept that there are other accurate interpretations but that doesn't make mine any the less valid.

The only 'accurate' answer to the question "Does 666 occur in Isaiah's prophecy is "No".

NicholasMarks

« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2016, 10:50:13 PM »

The only 'accurate' answer to the question "Does 666 occur in Isaiah's prophecy is "No".

You are saying that Almighty God has no ability to look into the future and tell us about things that will occur in the future Anchorman whilst I have contained that ability in this reasoning. Just as he also forewarned us that he will guide us to his Living Waters at his appointed time in the future and it has got to be that Jesus had already taught us about it but we were, then, too ignorant to know what he meant.

Well...if we stretch our minds around science and Jesus' accurate teaching we find it is already and invisibly staring us in the face...but we have got to follow Jesus accurately to attach ourselves to it and if we do it right all of Jesus' promises are encapsulated within it...we just need righteous accuracy as befitting a modern science...which...of course...it is.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:52:23 PM by NicholasMarks »

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
You are saying that Almighty God has no ability to look into the future and tell us about things that will occur in the future Anchorman whilst I have contained that ability in this reasoning. Just as he also forewarned us that he will guide us to his Living Waters at his appointed time in the future and it has got to be that Jesus had already taught us about it but we were, then, too ignorant to know what he meant.

Well...if we stretch our minds around science and Jesus' accurate teaching we find it is already and invisibly staring us in the face...but we have got to follow Jesus accurately to attach ourselves to it and if we do it right all of Jesus' promises are encapsulated within it...we just need righteous accuracy as befitting a modern science...which...of course...it is.

No, I'm saying that the number 666 does not occur in the text of the book of Isaiah.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2016, 12:57:39 PM »

No, I'm saying that the number 666 does not occur in the text of the book of Isaiah.

Only by implication Anchorman. But that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Rev 13:18.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding calculate the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Isaiah 66:6
A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

Isaiah...a man...clearly makes a Judgmental statement about those who are covered by that number in Revelation and my point stands.

The fact that all those represented by that number are  each living-cells in the make-up of that beast who will come alive and frighten all those unprepared for the last days and chase them around wildly, is yet to be seen, but it is the only behaviour they are capable of and will not have any other method of rule so it is up to the more discerning to prepare for such events...by taking in the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

floo

« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding calculate the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

Isaiah...a man...clearly makes a Judgmental statement about those who are covered by that number in Revelation and my point stands.

The fact that all those represented by that number are  each living-cells in the make-up of that beast who will come alive and frighten all those unprepared for the last days and chase them around wildly, is yet to be seen, but it is the only behaviour they are capable of and will not have any other method of rule so it is up to the more discerning to prepare for such events...by taking in the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

ISAIAH 66v6 NOT 666! You make it all up, which is the equivalent to telling porkies! ::)

NicholasMarks

« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
ISAIAH 66v6 NOT 666! You make it all up, which is the equivalent to telling porkies! ::)

No Floo...I'm using my wisdom and understanding.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2016, 02:07:44 PM »

No, if the number 666 is not mentioned in Isaiah, then the number 666 does not occur in Isaiah.

floo

« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »
No Floo...I'm using my wisdom and understanding.

YEH RIGHT, in other words you haven't a clue what you are talking about, which is obvious to others but sadly not to you. ::)

Spud

« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »
An interesting thing is that Isaiah is made up of 66 chapters (edit: I'm not saying that has any relation to the number 666), which is the same as the number of books in the Bible. Moreover, Isaiah is clearly divided into two sections: the first 39 and last 27 chapters. This is the same as the number of books in the old and new testaments.

I'd suggest, though, that a more accurate place to start in interpreting Revelation 13:18 would be in old testament passages where the number 6 is emphasised. Solomon, during the latter part of his reign, disobeyed Moses' commands not to accumulate wealth. We're told he had an anual income of 666 talents of gold. There is also the dimensions of the image of gold set up by Nebuchadnezzar: 60 cubits high and 6 cubits wide. Also note some of the measurements given for the Philistine giants, such as Goliath and the four others mentioned.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:22:18 PM by Spud »

floo

« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2016, 02:53:19 PM »
666 is a mere number like all the rest, and has no significance apart from in the mild of the gullible, imo.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2016, 03:00:18 PM »
An interesting thing is that Isaiah is made up of 66 chapters, which is the same as the number of books in the Bible. Moreover, Isaiah is clearly divided into two sections: the first 39 and last 27 chapters. This is the same as the number of books in the old and new testaments.

I'd suggest, though, that a more accurate place to start in interpreting Revelation 13:18 would be in old testament passages where the number 6 is emphasised. Solomon, during the latter part of his reign, disobeyed Moses' commands not to accumulate wealth. We're told he had an anual income of 666 talents of gold. There is also the dimensions of the image of gold set up by Nebuchadnezzar: 60 cubits high and 6 cubits wide. Also note some of the measurements given for the Philistine giants, such as Goliath and the four others mentioned.

Thanks for that Spud. Perhaps 666 has a multiple of correct interpretations...but I like mine because it occurred to me and fits in neatly with the righteous story I have to re-tell.

Spud

« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
It's not about whether we like an interpretation, but whether it is 'accurate', wouldn't you agree? If it fits with your story and edifies you, that is good, but it might be wise not to expect everyone to benefit from it.

floo

« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
If a person's belief system gives them comfort, no problem. It becomes a problem when they use it as a means of threatening people who don't subscribe to their POV.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2016, 04:11:58 PM »
Read it specially for you Dicky...now...please show me my error in stating...'follow Jesus Christ accurately, as he taught us, showed us, and died for us, then was resurrected for us'. Personally I see no righteous fault there but it highlights an awful lot of iniquity and Jesus certainly isn't very keen on iniquity...he made that very clear.

Well no doubt you consider yourself as one of the 'righteous' (even though the scriptures you believe in warn you against being too cocksure), but most of us here, I think, are having quite a problem with just how you understand 'accurately'. I see a very great deal of inaccuracy in your whole approach.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
If you fling in 'science', 'bully', 'circular', 'Wormwood' and 'dynamic' then you have the basics for all Nick style examples of a sentence/paragraph/phrase/thesis etc.  ::)

You forgot "according to my calculations"

Le Bon David

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »
It's not about whether we like an interpretation, but whether it is 'accurate', wouldn't you agree? If it fits with your story and edifies you, that is good,.

It is not good if such speculations cause massive ego inflation, to the extent that the individual thinks he is a prophet inspired by God. I don't think even Joseph Smith started that way - he eventually came to believe his own lies, and I don't think that was such a good thing.

Le Bon David

Sassy

« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »
It might help if you realise that 'dynamic energy' isn't a new concept. It's a deliberate fraud perpetrated by the Watchtower shower - in order to make the Bible read according to their ideas, rather than what the original language in which the texts were written actually says.

But the text have nothing to do with the definition of the bible and how it relates to God in Christ and the body of Christ.

KJV   Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Every word of God came not from man but by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Text, language, even the times are not relevant only the teacher and teachings of Gods Spirit.
If Nick has said he is not a Jehovahs witness then why do you persist in making suggestions that appear you believe he is?

Elementary beliefs show that even Christs words were Spirit.

Unless you have something other than those teachings of the Prophet's, Christ and the disciples relating to the Words given by God from the Holy Spirit then why not just allow the truth to reign instead of your world scholar views?
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Spud

« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »
If a person's belief system gives them comfort, no problem. It becomes a problem when they use it as a means of threatening people who don't subscribe to their POV.
I agree with Nick in what he says about following Jesus, but I have a problem with the constant use of words like accurately and righteous. I don't understand why he thinks this is necessary. There is also a big problem in that he says the end of the world is about to occur. Actually I at one point thought this because a good friend of mine, a lady in her 80s, told me that God had told her she would not die before Jesus came back. Not having access to much study material at the time - it was before the internet - I assumed this was true because she is a very truthful person. Whilst God may indeed have said this to her, it would contradict Jesus' teaching that no one knows the day, if she expected someone else to believe it. At the time though I was quite affected by it, and people probably thought I was a bit bonkers!