Author Topic: Dowsing  (Read 34360 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Dowsing
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »

This Forum is the antidote to "preaching to the converted" as it is "preaching to the unconvertable", a veritable assault course of terminally entrenched positions.

There are times, like this one when you can predict, with a very fair degree of accuracy, exactly which posters are going to be on which side, pro, con and WUM/troll, and what they are likely to say in regard to the subject "under discussion"!.

I am sure Alan Burns and Sriram also think it is like preaching to the unconvertible as well. That you might think that for certain issues too adds nothing to your position. 

Owlswing

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »

I am sure Alan Burns and Sriram also think it is like preaching to the unconvertible as well. That you might think that for certain issues too adds nothing to your position.

I did not ask for anything to be added to, or, for that matter, taken away from, my position. I merely stated my position.

However, maybe, just maybe, I should have added "nit-picker" to  "pro, con and WUM/troll"!

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »
I did not ask for anything to be added to, or, for that matter, taken away from, my position. I merely stated my position.

However, maybe, just maybe, I should have added "nit-picker" to  "pro, con and WUM/troll"!

I suggest that if you want to convert anyone it would be better not to go down the no arguments, just name calling route. If there is a case for dowsing against the studies showing it not to work then make it.

Shaker

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:49 AM »

I suggest that if you want to convert anyone it would be better not to go down the no arguments, just name calling route. If there is a case for dowsing against the studies showing it not to work then make it.
I believe Anglian Water are trying to.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

Walter

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2017, 09:54:51 AM »

This Forum is the antidote to "preaching to the converted" as it is "preaching to the unconvertable", a veritable assault course of terminally entrenched positions.

There are times, like this one when you can predict, with a very fair degree of accuracy, exactly which posters are going to be on which side, pro, con and WUM/troll, and what they are likely to say in regard to the subject "under discussion"!.
and you confirm the accuracy of your own analysis

Walter

« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
if there is any doubt , watch this

https://youtu.be/gjC64cnxl0k

Maeght

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »
There is no evidence that dowsing works. If yiu read more about what tge water companies are saying, beyond the small quotes included on this thread, basically they are saying that up until recently no techniques for locating leaks etc have been very effective, including dowsing. Saying it is as effective as modern methods doesn't mean it works if the modern methods don't work either!

floo

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »
I was discussing dowsing with my husband, a no nonsense scientist. He is of the opinion that a small number of people do have the talent, gift or whatever you wish to call it, which science may be able to explain one day.

Walter

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
I was discussing dowsing with my husband, a no nonsense scientist. He is of the opinion that a small number of people do have the talent, gift or whatever you wish to call it, which science may be able to explain one day.
in your last sentence the most revealing word is 'opinion'. Science doesn't deal in opinion.

floo

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2017, 11:34:24 AM »
in your last sentence the most revealing word is 'opinion'. Science doesn't deal in opinion.

Did I say science dealt in opinion?

Walter

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2017, 11:48:37 AM »
Did I say science dealt in opinion?
no you didn't , but its worth bearing in mind .

Maeght

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2017, 12:35:32 PM »

Thanks for sharing your husbands opinion.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2017, 01:02:15 PM »

I'll tell you what it is all about.... ;)

Its probably the Biofield that makes dowsing, reiki, spontaneous healing etc. possible. Its as simple as that.

Why has science not found any biofield yet?  Well....Science has not found so many things all these years. So...what's the big deal? Secondly no one is looking for it and no one knows the right methods to detect it either.

There is lots to discover yet...you know.  Does anyone think its all done and dusted?!  ::)

Walter

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2017, 03:02:07 PM »

Its probably the Biofield that makes dowsing, reiki, spontaneous healing etc. possible. Its as simple as that.

Why has science not found any biofield yet?  Well....Science has not found so many things all these years. So...what's the big deal? Secondly no one is looking for it and no one knows the right methods to detect it either.

There is lots to discover yet...you know.  Does anyone think its all done and dusted?!  ::)

are you kidding ?
Biofield? so you come up with a name but what is it and more to the point ,can you demonstrate it please

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2017, 04:50:05 PM »
Biofield?

Didn't he have showdown with James Bond?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2017, 04:55:48 PM »
Biofield?

'I expect you to dowse, Mr Bond'
(and yes I know that's Goldfinger,  but what the hell)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 05:02:15 PM by Nearly Sane »

Walter

« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
Biofield?

I once thought I'd stumbled upon a snowman's grave yard , turned out to be a bioField of carrots  :o

Walter

« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »
anyway, isn't Dowsing a tuneful Chinese ferryboat man ?

Robbie

« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »
Is he the one Chris de Burgh advised everyone not to pay?
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Walter

« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
Is he the one Chris de Burgh advised everyone not to pay?
it could well be . ;)

ippy

« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »

This post of yours Sriram, it's a really daft one, best drop it.

Regards ippy

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2017, 05:52:23 AM »

You guys don't know about the biofield that surrounds all things??!!  Hmm!  Remarkable how you manage to keep yourselves completely insulated from true wisdom!  ;)

I am sure I have written about this many times...particularly with reference to Floo's sudden frozen shoulder cure, spontaneous healing etc. Nothing 'supernatural' about it, let me add!

Here is something about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_(esotericism)

Also see 'Auras'.

The Biofield is a field that surrounds and penetrates all life. It is like the earth's magnetic field. This biofield is fundamental in maintaining physical health and mental well being.   Any major disturbances to the biofield can cause illnesses.  These are especially relevant in mental and emotional issues.

It is the flow of energies in this field that ensures well being and good health. Many esoteric healing techniques such as Pranic healing, Reiki, Feng shui, acupuncture...are based on this field and the flow of the energies in and around the body.

Even Yoga and the chakra system is essentially based on the biofield.

Why hasn't Science found this field yet? Maybe because it is full of old school fogies who are more comfortable remaining insulated from such things. But I am sure sooner or later all this will get integrated with physical science to give us a more comprehensive and meaningful picture of ourselves. 

About dowsing and biofield...

https://dowsers.org/product/tuning-the-human-biofield/

Robbie

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2017, 07:14:21 AM »
Sririam:-
There is lots to discover yet...you know.  Does anyone think its all done and dusted?!

No.  I'M prepared to cautiously keep an open mind.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Maeght

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
Why hasn't Science found this field yet? Maybe because it is full of old school fogies who are more comfortable remaining insulated from such things.

Science is full of young enthusiastic people looking to learn as much as they can about our world. The more likely reason for science not finding any evidence for the biofield would be that there isn't any.

Walter

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »
You guys don't know about the biofield that surrounds all things??!!  Hmm!  Remarkable how you manage to keep yourselves completely insulated from true wisdom!  ;)

I am sure I have written about this many times...particularly with reference to Floo's sudden frozen shoulder cure, spontaneous healing etc. Nothing 'supernatural' about it, let me add!

Here is something about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_(esotericism)

Also see 'Auras'.

The Biofield is a field that surrounds and penetrates all life. It is like the earth's magnetic field. This biofield is fundamental in maintaining physical health and mental well being.   Any major disturbances to the biofield can cause illnesses.  These are especially relevant in mental and emotional issues.

It is the flow of energies in this field that ensures well being and good health. Many esoteric healing techniques such as Pranic healing, Reiki, Feng shui, acupuncture...are based on this field and the flow of the energies in and around the body.

Even Yoga and the chakra system is essentially based on the biofield.

Why hasn't Science found this field yet? Maybe because it is full of old school fogies who are more comfortable remaining insulated from such things. But I am sure sooner or later all this will get integrated with physical science to give us a more comprehensive and meaningful picture of ourselves. 

About dowsing and biofield...

https://dowsers.org/product/tuning-the-human-biofield/

you are doing this as a joke aren't you  ;D

very good , you certainly gave me a laugh this morning  ;D ;D ;D thank you