Author Topic: Dowsing  (Read 34703 times)

Owlswing

Re: Dowsing
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »

I believe Anglian Water are trying to.

As are Severn, as I posted, but that seems to have no validity to the "magic" lot! Hence my comment
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Maeght

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »
As are Severn, as I posted, but that seems to have no validity to the "magic" lot! Hence my comment

I can't see where Severn or Anglia say it is effective, only that it can give similar results to some mire modern methods which they say are not very good at detecting leaks.

Owlswing

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »

I can't see where Severn or Anglia say it is effective, only that it can give similar results to some mire modern methods which they say are not very good at detecting leaks.

Which - if you are unbiased enough to see it - says that as a method it is as good as or no worse than the scientific ones!

But keep up the bullshit - you might at least convince yourselves . . . God forbid!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Enki

Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

ippy

« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »
You guys don't know about the biofield that surrounds all things??!!  Hmm!  Remarkable how you manage to keep yourselves completely insulated from true wisdom!  ;)

I am sure I have written about this many times...particularly with reference to Floo's sudden frozen shoulder cure, spontaneous healing etc. Nothing 'supernatural' about it, let me add!

Here is something about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_(esotericism)

Also see 'Auras'.

The Biofield is a field that surrounds and penetrates all life. It is like the earth's magnetic field. This biofield is fundamental in maintaining physical health and mental well being.   Any major disturbances to the biofield can cause illnesses.  These are especially relevant in mental and emotional issues.

It is the flow of energies in this field that ensures well being and good health. Many esoteric healing techniques such as Pranic healing, Reiki, Feng shui, acupuncture...are based on this field and the flow of the energies in and around the body.

Even Yoga and the chakra system is essentially based on the biofield.

Why hasn't Science found this field yet? Maybe because it is full of old school fogies who are more comfortable remaining insulated from such things. But I am sure sooner or later all this will get integrated with physical science to give us a more comprehensive and meaningful picture of ourselves. 

About dowsing and biofield...

https://dowsers.org/product/tuning-the-human-biofield/

About as credible as a bird trained to pick out a pre printed card that foretells your whole future, maybe it's time you caught up with the old fogies Sriram, you do seem to be drawn by any of the airy fairy stuff, have you tried the reading of tea leaves yet?

Regards ippy

Walter

« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »
Which - if you are unbiased enough to see it - says that as a method it is as good as or no worse than the scientific ones!

But keep up the bullshit - you might at least convince yourselves . . . God forbid!
the springs have just shot out of my irony meter , piyoing!

Maeght

« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2017, 03:37:31 PM »

If you do a bit more research and read what else the water boards are saying then I think you would understand it better rather than showing your own bias based on a one line comment.

They clearly say that up until recently modern methods were not very good and dowsing was about the same. Not exactly a glowing recomendation of dowsing is it.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2017, 04:51:32 PM »

Maybe recent modern methods are more accurate. But if dowsing has been able to locate water all these centuries....then it must mean that it definitely works! 

It cannot be pure chance every single time all over the world, surely!

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2017, 04:54:06 PM »

Maybe recent modern methods are more accurate. But if dowsing has been able to locate water all these centuries....then it must mean that it definitely works! 

It cannot be pure chance every single time all over the world, surely!
Do you have a record of every time the dowsers failed to find water when it was under their feet?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2017, 05:10:48 PM »
Dowsing is an ancient practice that has worked successfully in finding water for hundreds of years. There is no reason why water companies should not use this method.

This article mentions what Sriram is trying to explain. It's about the biofield of 'energy'. The reason science claims dowsing doesn't work is because once the sceptics interfere through double-blind testing the energy flow is broken i.e. the procedure cannot work properly.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17532-why-dowsing-makes-perfect-sense/
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2017, 05:15:55 PM »
The reason science claims dowsing doesn't work is because once the sceptics interfere through double-blind testing the energy flow is broken
How does that happen then exactly?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Walter

« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »
Dowsing is an ancient practice that has worked successfully in finding water for hundreds of years. There is no reason why water companies should not use this method.

This article mentions what Sriram is trying to explain. It's about the biofield of 'energy'. The reason science claims dowsing doesn't work is because once the sceptics interfere through double-blind testing the energy flow is broken i.e. the procedure cannot work properly.

if dowsing was successful all water leakage would be easily resolved and we wouldn't need any other methods of detection

I'm guessing your ability to understand this is due to your lack of critical thinking skills

SweetPea

« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2017, 05:22:10 PM »

Have you been in a room with others when someone has walked-in and the atmosphere changes? This is a change in the energy flow in the room.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Maeght

« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

Did you actually read the article SweetPea?

Sriram is not 'explaining' the biofield, he his expressing his beliefs in the biofield and how he thinks it works. Your 'reason' is very convenient don't you think?

Maeght

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
Have you been in a room with others when someone has walked-in and the atmosphere changes? This is a change in the energy flow in the room.

No there isn't.

Walter

« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »
don't ask sweetpea wont have a clue, unable to detect nonsense is a major flaw but many people have it . Most are religious, which is a bit of a give-a-way

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
Apart from being a complete non sequitur to the question asked, that's just woo.

Walter

« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »
what is the mechanism here then ? and what 'energy' are you referring to ?

SweetPea

« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2017, 05:28:29 PM »
So, what do you think makes the atmosphere change in the example I gave?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »
What do you mean by atmosphere here? You seem to be using a metaphor based on subjective feelings unrelated to any external atmosphere as if it is a scientific term.

Walter

« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2017, 05:32:58 PM »
you'll have to be specific . One minute you're you are talking about energy flow (?) then atmosphere 

please define your terms

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2017, 05:35:40 PM »
you'll have to be specific . One minute you're you are talking about energy flow (?) then atmosphere 

please define your terms
It's like this, when someone says you can cut the atmosphere with a knife, you can actually cut the atmosphere up with a knife and if you place it in a pot of boiling water and then freeze it, it can be used to power a mobile phone for two days.

Walter

« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »
It's like this, when someone says you can cut the atmosphere with a knife, you can actually cut the atmosphere up with a knife and if you place it in a pot of boiling water and then freeze it, it can be used to power a mobile phone for two days.
I know, I've tried it  ;)

patent pending!

SweetPea

« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »
Everybody is familiar with the term 'vibs' - which means vibrations which is energy. So, someone can omit good vibs or not so good vibs. It's all about the same thing that Sriram is talking about.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »

True - here is the evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4