Author Topic: Trans rights: a perspective  (Read 17533 times)

Trentvoyager

• Administrator
Re: Trans rights: a perspective
« Reply #800 on: October 09, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »
On further thought and reading, his surgery and statements indicate that rather than being a transman he/she has converted themselves into a person that fits the categorisation "intersex".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #801 on: October 09, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »
On further thought and reading, his surgery and statements indicate that rather than being a transman he/she has converted themselves into a person that fits the categorisation "intersex".
I think people with differences in sexual development (DSD) as intersex is more accurately known would argue that it is not the case.

Trentvoyager

• Administrator
« Reply #802 on: October 09, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
I think people with differences in sexual development (DSD) as intersex is more accurately known would argue that it is not the case.

Yes, maybe not. But I don't see how you can claim to be a man yet want to retain the functioning genitalia of a woman. Makes no sense to me. You've had surgery to remove your breasts. I think maybe I'm too old and set in my ways for this brave new world.

Owlswing

« Reply #803 on: October 09, 2020, 02:28:02 PM »

Yes, maybe not. But I don't see how you can claim to be a man yet want to retain the functioning genitalia of a woman. Makes no sense to me. You've had surgery to remove your breasts. I think maybe I'm too old and set in my ways for this brave new world.

Breasts can be taped down. To dress as a man and be in a stable relationship with a woman does and will make it easier for a lesbian couple to live openly together and make anti-lesbians less likely to twig what you are doing.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Trentvoyager

• Administrator
« Reply #804 on: October 09, 2020, 02:33:09 PM »
Breasts can be taped down. To dress as a man and be in a stable relationship with a woman does and will make it easier for a lesbian couple to live openly together and make anti-lesbians less likely to twig what you are doing.

Well possibly, but I'd hope there is less need for that in this day and age and that would still be two lesbians.

It is the claim that they are a trans man that I find confusing.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #806 on: October 10, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Robbie

« Reply #810 on: October 17, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
Dreadful. In real life I know no one who does not support JKR.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Owlswing

« Reply #811 on: October 18, 2020, 11:44:15 PM »

Dreadful. In real life, I know no one who does not support JKR.

Of course! Those attacking her and any who support her can only operate with anonymity! Well, most of them, anyway!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!