Author Topic: Ask the next poster a question  (Read 9600 times)

SteveH

• From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!
Re: Ask the next poster a question
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2020, 01:55:24 PM »
No - I have never felt the need to count geigers.
If you had a TARDIS, when and where would you go?
True godliness don't turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it, and excites their endeavours to mend it.
William Penn

Roses

« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
I would pop up to Mars to view the acre of land I own up there.

Have you ever watched a water diviner in action? My father was one, he found it a very useful skill when deciding where to sink a well on our property in the 50s. I don't believe water divining is supernatural, I think the people like my father who did it had some sort of natural skill. He certainly wasn't the sort to mess around with that sort of thing if it was nonsense.
“What seems like a good idea at the time, more often than not bites the dust spectacularly” RJG

Spud

« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2020, 04:36:26 PM »
No I've never watched one of those, however the town I live in is outgrowing its water supply and they are constructing a new pipeline running from one end to the other, so I have seen a lot of workmen involved in that.

Have you ever used professional tree-climbing equipment? I need to change a rope that I put up for a rope swing 25 years ago, but I can't get up the tree any more!

Roses

« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2020, 11:37:38 AM »
No

Do you have any phobias? I am phobic where rats and mice are concerned, but not quite as bad as I used to be when younger.
“What seems like a good idea at the time, more often than not bites the dust spectacularly” RJG

SteveH

« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »
Not really. There are things I'm scared of, but they are things any sensible person is scared of, so don't count as phobias, which are irrational fears.
Have you heard of Gunhild Carling? I hadn't until yesterday, but am already a huge fan. https://youtu.be/lG8Jgj09WcI
True godliness don't turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it, and excites their endeavours to mend it.
William Penn

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2020, 02:05:47 PM »

Have you heard of Gunhild Carling? I hadn't until yesterday, but am already a huge fan. https://youtu.be/lG8Jgj09WcI
Not until now.
"Probably" the best singer named Gunhild in the world!
 ;D

What is your favourite dunking combination?

My one is espresso and croissant.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Roses

« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2020, 02:13:52 PM »
Yuck I never dunk!

Can you drive a tractor? I was taught at the age of five to drive a small caterpillar tractor used for harrowing our fields! No health and safety in those days. :o

ekim

« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »
No, I was too big to get into a tractor designed for small caterpillars.

Have you ever swam amongst the coral in The Great Barrier Reef.

Roses

« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2020, 03:36:18 PM »
No

Have you ever been ormering? https://thesarnian.com/essentials/ormer/

ekim

« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2020, 03:46:26 PM »
No, but during the war I used to collect scallops, cockles and winkles and prawns for food.

Have you ever been tide nipped?

Robbie

« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2020, 11:24:15 PM »
I had to google ormering and wished I hadn't.

I also googled 'what does it mean to be tide nipped' and got "neap - a less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon".

No I don't think so or if I have I can't remember.

Do you have a good memory?

True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Roses

« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2020, 08:44:11 AM »
I have a very good memory for times past. I can even remember a nurse looking down on me as I was lying in a white canvas sided cot in the maternity home. It isn't so good for present events! :o

Do you take a list with you when you go shopping? I do if I remember to put it in my pocket.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
Yes because it also helps me plan my route through the supermarket.

What is the most trivial thing that really annoys you, and why?

SteveH

« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2020, 09:21:10 AM »
Misplaced apostrophes, because It is WRONG!

When did you first go online regularly at home? Me - 2004.
William Penn

Roses

« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »

Did you keep in touch with any of your school teachers? I kept in touch with my geography teacher, she was one of the best teachers at the Ladies College I attended, very strict though. She died a couple of years ago.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2020, 11:26:32 AM »
No.

Habe you ever gone fishing and accidentally caught a hook on the back of your head?
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

SteveH

« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »
[Answer to Roses]No. Some were good, some not so. One of the best was the Geography teacher, "Jogger" Jackson, so nicknamed because at one time, before I went there, there were two Mr Jacksons, the other one an English teacher, so they were called "English Jackson" and "Geography Jackson", the latter being abbreviated to "Geoger", in good public-school style (though it was a state school), or "Jogger". He was also known as "skull-head", because of his cadaverous appearance, rather like the old-fashioned teacher "Chalky" in the Giles cartoons. He was also my form-master.
[Answer to ad o.] No.

In which year did you leave school? Me - 1970. 50 years ago! :o
William Penn

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2020, 11:41:21 AM »

Salt and vinegar or cheese and onion?
Blessed are the Russophobes, for they will be called children of God. (J.C. - Sermon On The Mount)

Roses

« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
I take it you are talking about crisps? I like plain crisps to which you add your salt, which I don't as I dislike anything too salty.

Did you keep any of your school reports? Unbeknown to me my parents had kept them, and when they died my youngest sister, who was in charge of sorting out their estate, asked me what I wished done with them. I wanted them put in the bin. Being 'kind' she passed them onto our eldest girl, for her delectation and delight!
'Is not able', 'could do better' are two of the most frequent phrases in my report book! :o

SteveH

« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
I didn't, but I discovered when he died in 1998 that my dad had. One comment was "Trying - very!".

Have you ever been inside Buckingham Palace? I have, in the late 70s (can't remember the exact year), when my late wife got her Duke of Edinburgh's Gold award, presented by Phil the Greek himself. He is the only royal I've seen in the flesh.
William Penn

Roses

« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »
I haven't been to Buck House, but my parents went to The Queen's garden parties on a number of occasions. In 1987 our eldest girl, who was a senior Girl Guide, was among the first of the Guides to help out with one of the garden parties, which had always been the prerogative of the Scouts heretofore.

What is the hardest task you have performed? Apart from giving birth to three babies, I think building a soakaway would rank as the hardest.

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
Clearing out my brother's apartment when he died.

What's your favourite Christmas song?

Roses

« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2020, 05:24:48 PM »
'Silent Night'.

What is yours?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2020, 05:55:38 PM »
'Silent Night'.

What is yours?
I don't have one.

Whisky or whiskey?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

ad_orientem

• Russia delenda est
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »
Whisky all day.

What size feet do you have?