Author Topic: WHAT makes a person saved in Christ Jesus?  (Read 115291 times)

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
Re: WHAT makes a person saved in Christ Jesus?
« Reply #400 on: October 27, 2015, 12:41:32 PM »
Vlad,

I am not talking about the argument as I have not heard it for a while.

The point I am making is that:

If an argument for god also works for fairies, you MUST either believe both or not believe both. You cannot believe one and reject the other.

And again....What is this argument?

And why can you not see that you needn't believe in things just on the strength or failure of one argument?

For now forget the argument

LOL.

Do you understand the concept though?

So, you cannot provide an argument that is the same for God as for fairies........I shall be waiting on Hillside' attempt....the voice of the engineer rather than the stain from the oily rag.

Can you provide a credible argument that gives more credence to the existence of a deity than fairies?
Fairies are little chaps with wings....therefore we should expect them at least to be stalked by Attenborough, Naturewatch or have an appearance in the Observers Book of winged thingies.

God is in philosophy as the platonic one, the root of morality, the unity of knowledge, universal consciousness etc. etc.

The deity and morality is an oxymoron! ::)
Glad to see you've come over to moral absolutism.
Brains evolved the capacity to integrate multiple multi modal sensory input streams into a single experiential flow eons ago...

Owlswing

« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2015, 02:12:10 PM »
Including Vlad's complete ignorance of what fairies are.
Careful now.....if you come up with something new it may undermine Hillsides 'argumentum ad ridiculum' and one should never undermine Hillside.

For you also the claim that I am ignorant of what fairies are, a positive assertion, requires you for once to explain your beliefs.............Oh dear looks like you are in a cleft stick.

Explain Pagan belief to a pig-ignorant twisted unpleasant arse like you purely so you can take the piss?

Don't be so bloody stupid.
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Owlswing

« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
Vlad,

I am not talking about the argument as I have not heard it for a while.

The point I am making is that:

If an argument for god also works for fairies, you MUST either believe both or not believe both. You cannot believe one and reject the other.

And again....What is this argument?

And why can you not see that you needn't believe in things just on the strength or failure of one argument?

For now forget the argument

LOL.

Do you understand the concept though?

So, you cannot provide an argument that is the same for God as for fairies........I shall be waiting on Hillside' attempt....the voice of the engineer rather than the stain from the oily rag.

Can you provide a credible argument that gives more credence to the existence of a deity than fairies?
Fairies are little chaps with wings....therefore we should expect them at least to be stalked by Attenborough, Naturewatch or have an appearance in the Observers Book of winged thingies.

God is in philosophy as the platonic one, the root of morality, the unity of knowledge, universal consciousness etc. etc.

The deity and morality is an oxymoron! ::)
Glad to see you've come over to moral absolutism.

Again with the -ism's!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2015, 02:22:26 PM »
Careful now.....if you come up with something new it may undermine Hillsides 'argumentum ad ridiculum' and one should never undermine Hillside.

For you also the claim that I am ignorant of what fairies are, a positive assertion, requires you for once to explain your beliefs.............Oh dear looks like you are in a cleft stick.

Explain Pagan belief to a pig-ignorant twisted unpleasant arse like you purely so you can take the piss?

My, we are an angry pagan today, aren't we?
Brains evolved the capacity to integrate multiple multi modal sensory input streams into a single experiential flow eons ago...

Owlswing

« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2015, 02:24:03 PM »

My, we are an angry pagan today, aren't we?

No, not angry. I do not waste anger on such as you.

Rhiannon

« Reply #405 on: October 27, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »

'Fairies are little chaps with wings' - is this how folklore describes fairies? at least have an accurate description to hand. Note, this isn't about belief, but about how a fairy is described in myth and folktales. No belief required.

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #406 on: October 27, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »

'Fairies are little chaps with wings' - is this how folklore describes fairies? at least have an accurate description to hand. Note, this isn't about belief, but about how a fairy is described in myth and folktales. No belief required.

Again no positive statement or information released here merely a negative treatment of mine. Whatever else Paganism does for you it hasn't released you from the prevailing critical culture redolent from our secular humanist cultural context.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
Vlad

I'm just wondering if you are fairy-dodging.

Owlswing

« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2015, 04:05:40 PM »
Vlad

Maybe he IS a fairy?

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #409 on: October 27, 2015, 04:16:18 PM »
Vlad

No need.....they do not present any existential challenge for the ego or self....Why else do you think
God dodgers are forever equating God with them?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:39:51 PM by On stage before it wore off. »

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
Vlad

No need.....they do not present any existential challenge for the ego or self.

Just like 'God' then.

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:24 PM »
Vlad

No need.....they do not present any existential challenge for the ego or self....Why else do you think
God dodgers are forever equating God with them?

Rhiannon

« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »

Again no positive statement or information released here merely a negative treatment of mine. Whatever else Paganism does for you it hasn't released you from the prevailing critical culture redolent from our secular humanist cultural context.

So you don't know then. Fairy nuff.

(Sorry)

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

You said that and then proceeded to type the rest of your interminable post!

Yeah, that's the problem with rebutting stupidities - they take only a sentence or two to blurt out, but troubling to explain why they're stupidities necessarily takes a little longer.

Still, now you grasp that your "argument" is akin to pointing out that Atlantis has wide canals but Xanadu is completely different because it has purple roof tiles so - um - bad arguments for the existence of one should be treated differently from the same bad arguments for the existence of the other, perhaps you can abandon that stupidity and attempt instead an argument for your god that doesn't work equally well for fairies.

You do have such an argument don't you?

Don't you?

Something?

Anything at all?

Vladdy - don't run away again - really - come baaaaaaaaack!

"Don't make me come down there."

God

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

You said that and then proceeded to type the rest of your interminable post!

Yeah, that's the problem with rebutting stupidities - they take only a sentence or two to blurt out, but troubling to explain why they're stupidities necessarily takes a little longer.

Still, now you grasp that your "argument" is akin to pointing out that Atlantis has wide canals but Xanadu is completely different because it has purple roof tiles so - um -

May I ask what you are smoking these days?

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #415 on: October 27, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

I know that you struggle even with the idea of analogies, but could you at least try to grasp something other than the literal just for once? It's simple enough: you cannot just pick the characteristics of a belief that suit you and retro-fit them to a bad argument but not accept the same arguments for a different belief when its characteristics don't suit you.

That's just backwards thinking.

How can I put it any more plainly for you?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:19:25 PM by bluehillside »

God

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

I know that you struggle even with the idea of analogies,
But not as badly as you as your guff about Atlantis and Xanadu demonstrates.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #417 on: October 27, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

Which part of the analogy is too complicated for you?

Oh, and having explained your mistake to you again in literal terms you can grasp why have you just ignored it again?

God

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #418 on: October 27, 2015, 07:31:08 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

The part which says it isn't a shit analogy.

As far as I understand Xanadu is a UNESCO world heritage site ( Like the last decent post you composed ) and Atlantis has yet to be, if ever, located.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #419 on: October 27, 2015, 08:46:59 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

Ah, I see - a standard Vlad, "I don't like this but I can't argue against it so I'll just throw an unqualified insult at it and hope no-one notices" response

Fair enough.

As far as I understand Xanadu is a UNESCO world heritage site ( Like the last decent post you composed ) and Atlantis has yet to be, if ever, located.

Way to miss the point.

Again.

See, here's the thing: you can attach any characteristics to any personal belief you like: challenging you, curing the lame, fluttering around on wings, wish-fulfilling, whatever, to your heart's content. What you cannot do though is wave your hands and suddenly claim those characteristics that happen to suit you have anything whatever to say to the arguments you rely on to assert the personal belief to be an objectively true one too.

If you seriously think otherwise, take any one of the hopeless arguments you've attempted here ("I intuit it" for example) that actually "work" for anything at all - gods and fairies alike - and then explain how you would propose to retro-fit the characteristics you happen to like to the arguments that got you to the belief in the first place.

And when this piece of Vladdish dullardry finally dawns on you, perhaps you'd be so good as finally to attempt an argument for your objectively true god that does not work just as well for my objectively true fairies.

Ta.   

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:16:25 PM by bluehillside »

God

Sassy

« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2015, 09:18:19 PM »
Vlad the Vulgarian,

Be careful you know he is a little boy posting in an adult world. His speciality is winding people up by talking rubbish about subjects he knows nothing about.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2015, 09:22:13 PM »
Sassy,

Be careful you know he is a little boy posting in an adult world. His speciality is winding people up by talking rubbish about subjects he knows nothing about.

Another Christian poster incapable of argument so relying on insult instead.

Do you think Jesus would be proud of you?

God

torridon

« Reply #422 on: October 27, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »

Hehe, that's rich from someone who still believes the Moon landings were faked. You are a hoot Sass.

Sassy

« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »
Sassy,

Another Christian poster incapable of argument so relying on insult instead.

Truth is not an insult. And as for Jesus... you don't know him. Just as you are incapable of establishing any real argument.

You have to copy what people have said about you. I told you that you were unable to bring any arguments and rely on insult and moving goal posts.

Do you think Jesus would be proud of you?

Well, if you knew anything about Jesus, you would know what you do leaves no possibility for anyone to be proud of you. Pride has no part in Christianity. But what would you a teenager know about Christianity. You just had your BACKSIDE spanked and your face is as red as you bum.

Ignorance isn't bliss in your case it is the blind falling in your own ditch,.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #424 on: October 27, 2015, 09:42:52 PM »

Hehe, that's rich from someone who still believes the Moon landings were faked. You are a hoot Sass.

Is that all you have.

Well your a dead hoot....aren't you.