Author Topic: Resurrection  (Read 22606 times)

floo

Re: Resurrection
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
It's not my lovely idea it is Jesus Christ's or rather his father's who is looking at the overall picture a little differently than we do.

Maybe that's the case, but you seem to think that you understand it. You claim that it's science, I don't recall seeing that claim in the scriptures, so that's not Jesus or God making that claim, that's wholly on you, and you have to justify that.

He sees all the pain and suffering and has worked out how he is going to deal with it.

Yet not all of his lessons will lead to a reduction of suffering and pain. Loving our neighbour, charity, good-will, these are all fine lessons, just as they were fine lessons when they were espoused by all the other people that have suggested them. Accommodating slavery as the New Testament suggests will not reduce pain and suffering; misogyny will not reduce pain and suffering; homophobia will not reduce pain and suffering.

Reading Revelation and all the other clues interspersed throughout the Holy Bible he is going to allow this planet to tip into absolute chaos caused by the total mismanagement that is now dominating it but those who grasp the 'science of righteousness' before it does will have the chance of resurrection and everlasting life afterwards when it all settles down...

So this universal love is to be demonstrated by a trial by fire - only the most faithful survive. Not even the kindest, or the most giving, or the nicest, but those that most steadfastly hold to unjustified claims? That does not come across as the best possible plan from an all-loving, all-powerful being.

It is up to you to decide if this is preferable to the alternative...no pressure.

Actually, no. It's up to me to review your claims and point out that they make no sense. Unlike many other believers of various stripes who struggle with the problem of evil but maintain their faith, you appear to have no real grasp that it's a problem with your argument. It's been raised repeatedly here and you've ignored it or failed to appreciate that it's an argument: you do realise that the misogyny, slavery, racism and homophobia espoused by the New Testament as the will of your God are hateful and evil, right?

O.

Ah but we aren't seeing it God's way as we haven't got DYNAMIC ENERGY flowing through our veins, and therefore can't accept the ACCURATE teaching of Jesus.  ;D

NicholasMarks

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »

Floo, Outrider:

One of the key Biblical principles is that we all have genetic faults and by soothing and calming our genetic health via God's Love, Dynamic Energy, Jesus Christ's accurate teaching...we can address those problems in a scientific/Biblical way.

Outrider

« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »
One of the key Biblical principles is that we all have genetic faults and by soothing and calming our genetic health via God's Love, Dynamic Energy, Jesus Christ's accurate teaching...we can address those problems in a scientific/Biblical way.

If we 'calm our genetic health' by following the accords of the New Testament, though, we have slavery, misogyny, homophobia and racism. Those are amongst the problems that need to be dealt with.

Why do we have 'genetic faults'? If God the cosmic scientist cannot design humans without these 'genetic flaws', how do we guarantee that his understanding of the rest of your purported 'dynamic energy science of the universe' (DESOTU, for short) is any more reliable?

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

floo

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2015, 03:12:41 PM »

Floo, Outrider:

Oh dear! AAAHHH! ::)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:05:42 AM by Gordon »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
enki, SusanDorit, Floo, ippy, Outrider, Hope, Riannon, BashfulAnthony, Shaker:

I'm pleased to be back too. There is no satisfaction in being a Christian and not trying to save some from the inevitable alternative called Hades.

Isn't Hades the Greek underworld? You're not holding truck with pagan gods, surely!?!?!

Christianity is a syncretism of Greek and Jewish religious ideas. There were several other similar mystery religions like the Cult of Isis, the cult of Attis , the Dionysis mysteries etc. It's surprising how many of these cults had a mythical goodman (or woman) who died and was resurrected.

Given that Judea had been part of the Greek World for three centuries by the time Christianity appeared, it would be more surprising if it didn't have any Greek influences.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Owlswing

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2015, 11:55:15 PM »

Floo, Outrider:

Floo

will you please edit this down it is playing Hail Columbia with the page sizing!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:06:30 AM by Gordon »
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

NicholasMarks

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2015, 07:59:54 AM »

Floo, Outrider:

Floo

will you please edit this down it is playing Hail Columbia with the page sizing!

Hasn't anyone ever told you that by sin the worst possible genetic fault...death...came into the world and that all genetic faults spring from it. That is how we can be certain that following Jesus Christ's righteous science we can pay back for (repair) our sins.

Time to start listening to the science that everything is a manifestation of the same scientific cause...God's fountain of living waters---or if you prefer...God's 'dynamic energy'. A property that stares us in the face every day by virtue of our very own star.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:07:12 AM by Gordon »

Owlswing

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

These Christians believe in their god, but mine, according to them, is a figment fo my imagination.

My belief in the cycle of Birth, Life, Death and rebirth is a load of rubbish, but they believe a man can be dead and come back from the dead!

And they call ME hypocrite!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

Owlswing

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2015, 08:08:33 AM »

Floo, Outrider:

Thanks Floo!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2015, 08:30:48 AM »

Floo, Outrider:

Thanks Floo!
T'was our esteemed moderator.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

floo

« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »

Floo, Outrider:

Floo

SORRY

NicholasMarks

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:41 AM »

Floo, Outrider:

Floo

SORRY

I knows it isn't meant for me Floo...but seeing as you owe me a few I will pretend it is.

floo

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2015, 09:19:42 AM »

Floo, Outrider:

Floo

SORRY

I knows it isn't meant for me Floo...but seeing as ou owe me a few I will pretend it is.

Apologies for what NM?

NicholasMarks

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

These Christians believe in their god, but mine, according to them, is a figment fo my imagination.

My belief in the cycle of Birth, Life, Death and rebirth is a load of rubbish, but they believe a man can be dead and come back from the dead!

It strikes me Owlswing that you are part way there. Why not read the Gospels and find out how an indestructible energy can be upbuilt within your own flesh and blood and carry your own profile into a new generation...courtesy of Jesus Christ.

To understand it all you will need a solid understanding in 'the Grand Unification of All Universal forces' and many here are finding it hard to grasp so perhaps faith will be more appropriate.

floo

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

It strikes me Owlswing that you are part way there. Why not read the Gospels and find out how an indestructible energy can be upbuilt within your own flesh and blood and carry your own profile into a new generation...courtesy of Jesus Christ.

To understand it all you will need a solid understanding in 'the Grand Unification of All Universal forces' and many here are finding it hard to grasp so perhaps faith will be more appropriate.

Oh NM, you really bring a smile to my face on such a windy day, your posts are so amusing. ;D

BeRational

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

Or a straight jacket!
I see gullible people, everywhere!

NicholasMarks

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

Oh NM, you really bring a smile to my face on such a windy day, your posts are so amusing. ;D

Well, there is no sense in getting wound-up about the forthcoming...'great tribulations'...especially if we are in receipt of a solid promise given by the highest authority in the universe...Floo.

floo

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2015, 10:21:51 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

Well, there is no sense in getting wound-up about the forthcoming...'great tribulations'...especially if we are in receipt of a solid promise given by the highest authority in the universe...Floo.

You are right, darling NM, there is no point in getting wound up about something which is highly unlikely to happen. :D

NicholasMarks

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

You are right, darling NM, there is no point in getting wound up about something which is highly unlikely to happen. :D

There are those amongst us who might say it is already happening Floo...me included.  Perhaps that is why resurrection is so important in this day and age...it is the only hope for some...but fortunately you will have no need for such things even if science will be proven lacking in this level of advanced knowledge that explains atoms, explains life, explains health and explains Almighty God...and, dare I say it...makes Jesus Christ the most special and most wonderful person who has ever lived on this planet and who resides even now, in Heaven, sitting at the right hand  pf his father...Almighty God...hoping that even you will grasp this last chance.

floo

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2015, 11:29:44 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

There are those amongst us who might say it is already happening Floo...me included.  Perhaps that is why resurrection is so important in this day and age...it is the only hope for some...but fortunately you will have no need for such things even if science will be proven lacking in this level of advanced knowledge that explains atoms, explains life, explains health and explains Almighty God...and, dare I say it...makes Jesus Christ the most special and most wonderful person who has ever lived on this planet and who resides even now, in Heaven, sitting at the right hand  pf his father...Almighty God...hoping that even you will grasp this last chance.

There have always been trials and tribulations since humans first climbed out of the primeval swamp. Sometimes there is an upsurge in the world's problems, and then they settle down again for a while. These days we have instant access to what is going on all over the world in a way we didn't have before, so we know about the problems everyone else is having as well as our own.

I am not sure why you keep dragging science into a mere belief?

As for Jesus he was human like the rest of with faults and failings. Some of the deeds attributed to him didn't show him up in a very good light! He might have had a charismatic personality like others before and since, hence his followers. However, I don't believe any of the scenarios like miracles and the resurrection had any basis in fact, when he died he stayed dead, imo. There is not a shred of evidence to prove otherwise.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

There have always been trials and tribulations since humans first climbed out of the primeval swamp. Sometimes there is an upsurge in the world's problems, and then they settle down again for a while. These days we have instant access to what is going on all over the world in a way we didn't have before, so we know about the problems everyone else is having as well as our own.

As for Jesus he was human like the rest of with faults and failings. Some of the deeds attributed to him didn't show him up in a very good light! He might have had a charismatic personality like others before and since, hence his followers. However, I don't believe any of the scenarios like miracles and the resurrection had any basis in fact, when he died he stayed dead, imo. There is not a shred of evidence to prove otherwise.

The shred of evidence Floo is the indestructible and superabundant 'dynamic energy' which erupted into all the stars and all the forces known to man. It is the science you believe in that is telling you this but the science that your science cannot yet comprehend is telling you that this planet is heading to a tipping point into total chaos. This will serve as a Judgment  on all those who have either lived according to righteous laws or according to the not so righteous laws because it is the ability to show righteous obedience to the key scientific principles that support resurrection and everlasting life which will determine whether we are resurrected or retained in the eternal state of damnation...with no reprieve. Such is the complexity of being the living bi-product of indestructible forces.

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

"Settle down"?   There have only been 12 years in recorded history when there was not a war going on somewhere.  When did thing settle down in the last hundred years?
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

floo

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

The shred of evidence Floo is the indestructible and superabundant 'dynamic energy' which erupted into all the stars and all the forces known to man. It is the science you believe in that is telling you this but the science that your science cannot yet comprehend is telling you that this planet is heading to a tipping point into total chaos. This will serve as a Judgment  on all those who have either lived according to righteous laws or according to the not so righteous laws because it is the ability to show righteous obedience to the key scientific principles that support resurrection and everlasting life which will determine whether we are resurrected or retained in the eternal state of damnation...with no reprieve. Such is the complexity of being the living bi-product of indestructible forces.

That isn't evidence for any sort of deity, NM! ::)

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »

Ain't it marvellous!

That isn't evidence for any sort of deity, NM! ::)

You must surely get bored by your own dreary and repetitive posting!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

Owlswing

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »

Floo, Outrider:

Thanks Floo!
T'was our esteemed moderator.

Thanks and sorry Esteemed Moderator!