Author Topic: The Moon Landings: fact vs fiction.  (Read 36063 times)

Sassy

Re: The Moon Landings: fact vs fiction.
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »
Sass

Sebastian Toe and others have pointed out that "A Planet Truth" is a website devoted to proclaiming that Earth is not a sphere but flat. A brief glance through some of the items it contains include the assertion that gravity does not exist, that dinosaurs never existed and that Diana was pregnant with her lover's "half Arab" baby. It opposes vaccination and promotes astrology.

I think that you have deluded yourself into believing that it is a serious website, a website of record, a website of veracity. It isn't.

It is a blog.

It is a private website which does nothing more than provide a platform for its author's obsessions. And in addition, the identity of the author is not disclosed. You have no idea who he or she (or them) is (or are). The blog's material (on the basis of a brief perusal) comes from rumour, from innuendo, from statements by aggrieved individuals and, when referenced, from other equally dubious sources. There is considerable reliance on the supernatural and the occult. It is not evidence-based.

You don't even know what the motives of the author are - he or she or they may actually be writing a spoof blog just to see how many credulous idiots they can fool.

Are you really so credulous that you will accept a source - such as this - as evidence that the moon landings never took place?

YOU mean like all the fools who believe Diane forecasting how they would kill her still do not believe her death was planned?
How much evidence do you need that it was revealed to her to do one of two things.

1. Frighten her and bring her to heel.

2. Or make it out to be co-incidence.

Then we have the deaths of those involved happening suspicious circumstances.

Especially the man found drowned locked in his own car but the funny thing was, there was no keys in the car or ignition with which to drive the car into the water.

I personally, have never used the site before so haven't a clue about it.

But I do take into account how all those astronauts died and how they too died in mysterious circumstances.

Did Marilyn Monroe kill herself and did Robert Kennedy really get shot by one gun when too many bullets found.

Truth is eventually we shall know. Do i believe the Queen capable of killing Diane.. Absolutely not, nor would she have backed any plans by others to do so. The woman a mother herself would never have done anything so cold and callous.
But the men in power have never been stopped from carrying out their own evil for their own ends.

The fact is there is absolutely nothing left now because they destroyed the footage that would prove the moon landing and got rid of the moon rock. All a little too conveniently.

As I said, if it has been done today, probably no problem with belief.
But there is absolutely no proof except the words of others. Arguing about websites useless it proves nothing but shows opinions.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2016, 11:10:07 AM »
One of my favourite films is In The Shadow of the Moon. The human story behind the lunar landings is every bit as compelling as evidence as bits of moon rock, as far as I'm concerned.

YOU MEAN THE MOON ROCKS WHICH DISAPPEARED... SO no evidence then...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

floo

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
Sass is having a high old time with her conspiracy theories! :D

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY DISAPPEARED?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2016, 11:37:16 AM »
YOU mean like all the fools who believe Diane forecasting how they would kill her still do not believe her death was planned?

[blah, blah, blah]

OMG! You really are a sucker for conspiracy theories.

They haven't disappeared, Sassy. There is one here in the UK.
http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/results.asp?image=100313

I know, don't tell me, the Natural History Museum is in on the hoax too. As well as the people busy faking recent photos from the lunar reconnaissance orbiter camera.
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/featured_sites#ApolloLandingSites

::)
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2016, 11:38:54 AM »

Why?
What could be done today which would convince you that a moon landing had occurred?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »

But there is absolutely no proof .........

But there is proof, all you have to do is look for it.

http://www.universetoday.com/113359/what-does-the-apollo-11-landing-site-look-like-today/
Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »

But there is absolutely no proof except the words of others.

...for example the word of Buzz Aldrin then who says that not only did he walk on the moon but he took communion there as well.

Here he is writing about his path to being the first and only man to take communion on the moon?
https://www.guideposts.org/faith/stories-of-faith/guideposts-classics-buzz-aldrin-on-communion-in-space?nopaging=1
And so, just before I partook of the elements, I read the words which I had chosen to indicate our trust that as man probes into space we are in fact acting in Christ.

I sensed especially strongly my unity with our church back home, and with the Church everywhere.

I read: "I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me." John 15:5 (TEV)

Is he a liar?

Albert Einstein

Gonnagle

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2016, 12:10:59 PM »
Dear Squeak,

The clangers don't live on the moon. They live on "a small moon like planet."

Aye!! That's what they ( they, them, you know, them ) want us to believe, but the Royal Order of Tinfoil Hat Wearers know better, Elvis put to much salt on my chips last night ::)

Gonnagle.
http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2016, 12:23:32 PM »
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY DISAPPEARED?

What? These moon rocks?

http://tinyurl.com/gljphmb [google.com]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:26:23 PM by jeremyp »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Sassy

« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »
OMG! You really are a sucker for conspiracy theories.

It isn't a conspiracy theory because theories could not exist if evidence were available and could be proven.
Now the rocks and all film disappeared except the fuzzy one step for man etc. What you going to do to prove they went to the moon? Truth is the movie makers and experts today could prove it they were real. Do you think it is funny they disappeared or the Government did not protect their little piece of being the first Country in the history of mankind to put foot on the moon.

Not a conspiracy theory just a claim which has no real evidence...

They haven't disappeared, Sassy. There is one here in the UK.
http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/results.asp?image=100313

SO where it the experimental proof that the rock is not of earth origin.

I know, don't tell me, the Natural History Museum is in on the hoax too. As well as the people busy faking recent photos from the lunar reconnaissance orbiter camera.
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/featured_sites#ApolloLandingSites

::)

You can fake anything when using a camera.... Including planes crashing... anything you want even people changing into werewolves trick photography is good.So those pictures are from the moonwalk?

Including filming the same piece of land on earth where the original walk on the moon took place.
Do grow up, if they actually had evidence oops original evidence which they claim to have lost, it would not be lost if real would it?

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »
Sassy,

Have look at this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_and_missing_moon_rocks

It might be instructive.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

floo

« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2016, 02:33:47 PM »
Sassy,

Have look at this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_and_missing_moon_rocks

It might be instructive.

Very instructive indeed.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2016, 04:17:35 PM »
One or two may have accidents but not the whole of those who trained except those who went to the moon.

Either they went to the moon or they didn't, please make your mind up!
Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2016, 04:33:35 PM »

WRONG:  the arguments have not been dismantled. The examination of the moon rocks would have shown whether from earth now or a different planet

Any geoscientist (and there have been thousands from all over the world) who has studied lunar samples knows that anyone who thinks the Apollo lunar samples were created on Earth as part of government conspiracy doesn't know much about rocks. The Apollo samples are just too good. They tell a self-consistent story with a complexly interwoven plot that's better than any story any conspirator could have conceived. I've studied lunar rocks and soils for 45+ years and I couldn't make even a poor imitation of a lunar breccia, lunar soil, or a mare basalt in the lab. And with all due respect to my clever colleagues in government labs, no one in "the Government" could do it either, even now that we know what lunar rocks are like. Lunar samples show evidence of formation in an extremely dry environment with essentially no free oxygen and little gravity. Some have impact craters on the surface and many display evidence for a suite of unanticipated and complicated effects associated with large and small meteorite impacts. Lunar rocks and soil contain gases (hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, neon, argon, krypton, and xenon) derived from the solar wind with isotope ratios different than Earth forms of the same gases. They contain crystal damage from cosmic rays. Lunar igneous rocks have crystallization ages, determined by techniques involving radioisotopes, that are older than any known Earth rocks. (Anyone who figures out how to fake that is worthy of a Nobel Prize.) It was easier and cheaper to go to the Moon and bring back some rocks than it would have been to create all these fascinating features on Earth. [After writing these words I learned that virtually the same sentiments had already been expressed by some of my lunar sample colleagues.]

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/howdoweknow.htm

"Moon rocks are absolutely unique," says Dr. David McKay, Chief Scientist for Planetary Science and Exploration at NASA's Johnson Space Center (JSC).

Even if scientists wanted to make something like a Moon rock by, say, bombarding an Earth rock with high energy atomic nuclei, they couldn't. Earth's most powerful particle accelerators can't energize particles to match the most potent cosmic rays, which are themselves accelerated in supernova blastwaves and in the violent cores of galaxies.

Indeed, says McKay, faking a Moon rock well enough to hoodwink an international army of scientists might be more difficult than the Manhattan Project. "It would be easier to just go to the Moon and get one," he quipped.

"I have here in my office a 10-foot high stack of scientific books full of papers about the Apollo Moon rocks," added McKay. "Researchers in thousands of labs have examined Apollo Moon samples -- not a single paper challenges their origin! And these aren't all NASA employees, either. We've loaned samples to scientists in dozens of countries [who have no reason to cooperate in any hoax]."

Even Dr. Robert Park, Director of the Washington office of the American Physical Society and a noted critic of NASA's human space flight program, agrees with the space agency on this issue. "The body of physical evidence that humans did walk on the Moon is simply overwhelming."

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast23feb_2/

Albert Einstein

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »
Sass:  YOU mean like all the fools who believe Diane forecasting how they would kill her still do not believe her death was planned?

I do think her death was probably arranged, always have thought it.  It makes no sense to me that a professional driver of the calibre used by people like the late princess, Diana, and Mr Al Fayed would have over imbibed. The whole thing was very mucky. Yes, men behind the scenes in high places are responsible for much that we can only imagine.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2016, 10:13:14 PM »
If the stupid woman had worn her seat belt she would probably still be alive today.

There was no conspiracy just a set of unfortunate circumstances.

Brownie

• Faith evolves
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2016, 02:00:01 AM »
Not very kind to call her a ''stupid woman'', HH.  Hindsight is all very well. Maybe she would have survived had she worn a seat belt, we'll never know, but it wasn't illegal for passengers not to wear seatbelts in the back of a car and that doesn't explain the high alcohol level in the blood - supposedly - of the experienced, professional driver.  I'd felt for a while that she needed to watch her back and when I heard about her death, my immediate reaction was that she had been murdered by the establishment.   I can't prove it though, one way or the other.  There is more 'proof' for the moon landings which doesn't stop there being plenty of evidence that the whole thing was a spectacular fake.  I'd say the moon landings scenario was a far less sober and serious business than the death of the princess.
Let us profit by what every day and hour teaches us

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2016, 03:18:54 AM »
Not very kind to call her a ''stupid woman'', HH.
She never was the sharpest tool in the box.

Hindsight is all very well. Maybe she would have survived had she worn a seat belt, we'll never know,
No we won't and neither could anybody trying to assassinate her. The chain of events leading to her death had too many variables that all had to come together for a successful assassination.

but it wasn't illegal for passengers not to wear seatbelts in the back of a car

Yes it was. It became illegal for rear seat passengers not to wear seat belts in France in 1990.

and that doesn't explain the high alcohol level in the blood - supposedly - of the experienced, professional driver.

No, what explains that is he had too much to drink. He was not a professional driver but head of security at the Ritz.

I can't prove it though, one way or the other.

Of course you can't, she wasn't murdered.

There is more 'proof' for the moon landings which doesn't stop there being plenty of evidence that the whole thing was a spectacular fake.
Where "plenty" means none at all.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2016, 06:58:23 AM »
There is more 'proof' for the moon landings which doesn't stop there being plenty of evidence that the whole thing was a spectacular fake.  I'd say the moon landings scenario was a far less sober and serious business than the death of the princess.

There is no credible evidence that the Moon landings were fake: there are only conspiracy theories that have been well and truly debunked as the various links posted in this thread show - it is simply the case that some enjoy peddling nonsense like this while the credulous and gullible provide a ready audience.

As for Diana, and while it is undoubtedly a shame that she died as she did, that it was a 'serious business' is hyperbole following on from the hysteria at  the time, and I can't see the relevance beyond this being another example of credulous conspiracy theory.

Owlswing

« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »

But there is absolutely no proof except the words of others. Arguing about websites useless it proves nothing but shows opinions.

Yet yoiu are prepared to believe every single word of the bible for which there is absolutely no proof except the words of others.

Your every post and religious belief has just been condemned as rubbish by your own words!
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Maeght

« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2016, 08:16:55 AM »
There is more 'proof' for the moon landings which doesn't stop there being plenty of evidence that the whole thing was a spectacular fake.  I'd say the moon landings scenario was a far less sober and serious business than the death of the princess.

There is no credible evidence that they were fake and plenty that they were genuine. There will always be some people who strongly believe such conspiracy theories and nothing that can be said will change their mind.

Owlswing

« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2016, 08:21:59 AM »

There is no credible evidence that they were fake and plenty that they were genuine. There will always be some people who
strongly believe such conspiracy theories and nothing that can be said will change their mind.

YEC's?
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
Not very kind to call her a ''stupid woman'', HH. 

What has kindness to do with anything? She chose not to wear a seat belt even though it was a legal requirement. That was an act of stupidity. She was a stupid woman.

As for your other comments, may I point you in the direction of the Paget report? Be prepared for a long haul, though, it is about 900 pages long.

What exactly would the USA have to gain by "staging" the moon landings?

floo

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2016, 11:35:12 AM »
If the stupid woman had worn her seat belt she would probably still be alive today.

There was no conspiracy just a set of unfortunate circumstances.

That attention seeking woman played with fire and it consumed her, I suspect her death was just an unfortunate accident.