Author Topic: 666  (Read 50428 times)

Sebastian Toe

Re: 666
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »
bhs R/Maeght/Sebastian Toe/Dicky Underpants...

Though I continue to maintain that earthquakes are dramatically on the increase, in diverse place, it is wise to understand what constitutes an earthquake. Bombs make the earth quake...volcanoes...sinkholes...even the sun creates earthquakes.
In that sense Nick, dropping a pencil on the ground creates an "earthquake" a very small one but one nevertheless!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

ekim

« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »
In that sense Nick, dropping a pencil on the ground creates an "earthquake" a very small one but one nevertheless!
... even Mexico beating Germany .... https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/world-cup-2018-mexico-earthquake_uk_5b275554e4b0783ae12a9a4f?qbc&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »
This is rubbish, NM. Not only rubbish, but really bad aoplogetics. Scientists - real scientists, that is, are tryying to determihne the existyance of an object which should orbit outside that of Neptune. By infinitely small changes in orbit, they know something is there. ....but can't as yet find it. "Infinately small", NM. So small that this body has as much influence as a feather orbiting Mars does on Earth's orbit and climate. They've been trying to find this object for over a ecade, using all the instruments at their disposal, but no luck. So how the blood and stomach pills could the greatest scientists - many of them Christian - miss an entire planetary system which you claim.....with absolutely no evidence whatsoever - is influencing Earth in some way? That's an insult to the intelligence.....and takes away from the Gospel. Way to go, NM, double negative......
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

ippy

« Reply #453 on: June 19, 2018, 02:38:41 PM »
This is rubbish, NM. Not only rubbish, but really bad aoplogetics. Scientists - real scientists, that is, are tryying to determihne the existyance of an object which should orbit outside that of Neptune. By infinitely small changes in orbit, they know something is there. ....but can't as yet find it. "Infinately small", NM. So small that this body has as much influence as a feather orbiting Mars does on Earth's orbit and climate. They've been trying to find this object for over a ecade, using all the instruments at their disposal, but no luck. So how the blood and stomach pills could the greatest scientists - many of them Christian - miss an entire planetary system which you claim.....with absolutely no evidence whatsoever - is influencing Earth in some way? That's an insult to the intelligence.....and takes away from the Gospel. Way to go, NM, double negative......

Well put Anchor, only trouble is I think your'll find that your target is impenetrable to reason.

Regards ippy

SteveH

• From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!
« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2018, 08:39:34 AM »
It's true in my observations Seb...but of course you have your own perspective and maybe live in a part of the world that has a window through what is blocking my view. What is more than likely though is that you are following a pattern that many others are doing and, without any observations at all, accept that what is above you is what you remember and , without looking critically, you expect it is still the same...an illusion which it is wise to break by doing your own research.
Oh, come on, Nicholas! The stars are perfectly visible on a clear night!
True godliness don't turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it, and excites their endeavours to mend it.
William Penn

NicholasMarks

« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2018, 11:58:25 AM »

Seb/Maeght/bhs R/Steve H/ippy/Anchorman/ekim...

There is enough evidence to prove that I'm right...especially by way of the hydrogen bombs and the nuclear bombs and all the other bombs of the two world wars...If they aren't earthquakes, in diverse places, I don't know what is...diverse here being places where they shouldn't happen.

As far as gravity is concerned, I'm afraid it is an unknown property until we realise the true nature of the universe. Gravity is an imploding force created by mass warping space and space can only be warped if there is a clash of two universal forces...and indeed there are...our dimension is one of those forces and the static dimension, made known to us in the Holy Bible, is the other. They run side by side except the static universe is a relic from before the big-bang whilst ours is travelling at the high speed of the expanding universe...hence all the scientific laws that are made known to us by our modern science becomes null and void when we accept there is a higher science, of which, Jesus Christ, is the only scientist of any worth.

What this all means then is that when someone makes a point which is difficult to understand then it is wise to do some research before shooting from the hip.

ippy

« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »

There is enough evidence to prove that I'm right...especially by way of the hydrogen bombs and the nuclear bombs and all the other bombs of the two world wars...If they aren't earthquakes, in diverse places, I don't know what is...diverse here being places where they shouldn't happen.

As far as gravity is concerned, I'm afraid it is an unknown property until we realise the true nature of the universe. Gravity is an imploding force created by mass warping space and space can only be warped if there is a clash of two universal forces...and indeed there are...our dimension is one of those forces and the static dimension, made known to us in the Holy Bible, is the other. They run side by side except the static universe is a relic from before the big-bang whilst ours is travelling at the high speed of the expanding universe...hence all the scientific laws that are made known to us by our modern science becomes null and void when we accept there is a higher science, of which, Jesus Christ, is the only scientist of any worth.

What this all means then is that when someone makes a point which is difficult to understand then it is wise to do some research before shooting from the hip.

Nothing about time in there then Nick?

Regards ippy

NicholasMarks

« Reply #457 on: June 20, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
Nothing about time in there then Nick?

Regards ippy

There is if we include that in God's declaration about the static universe...a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years a day...a few thousand years before Einstein said...at the speed of light, time stands still.

ippy

« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »
There is if we include that in God's declaration about the static universe...a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years a day...a few thousand years before Einstein said...at the speed of light, time stands still.

What about the distortion of space and time combined pushing us down on to this little speck called Earth.

Don't tell me your little righteous superabundant electromagnetic inexhaustible forces are giving up on you and not giving you all of the necessary info?

Now I'm starting to worry about you Nick.

Regards ippy

PS Any idea where I can get some black candles Nick?

Maeght

« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »

Research is good. Believing the nonsense on Conspiracy Theory websites written by people with over active imaginations isn't.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »

There is enough evidence to prove that I'm right...
...about not being able to see the stars because of 'pollution'  in the UK?
I don't think so.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #461 on: June 20, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

Were you shooting from the hip Nick when you gave us this?

"Recent devastating earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and China, as well as magnitude 7 plus earthquakes in Indonesia and California, might give the impression that earthquake activity is increasing. In fact, a quick look at earthquake statistics over the last twenty years shows that this is not the case. On average there are about fifteen earthquakes every year with a magnitude of 7 or greater. As with any quasi-random phenomena, the number of earthquakes each year varies slightly from this average, but in general, there are no dramatic variations. So far this year, there have been six magnitude 7+ earthquakes, in keeping with the annual rate"

Thanks to your accurate research Nick, we can rest assured that there are no issues with earthquake statistics for now.
Albert Einstein

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2018, 03:14:03 PM »
Sparky,

Your assertion was that the incidence of earthquakes is increasing. You've had the fact explained to you that the incidence of earthquakes is in fact only varying (ie, both increasing and decreasing over time) within narrow, statistically expected and unexceptional ranges. This means that you were mistaken.

If you ignore the facts and continue to make your evidence-assertions, this means that you are lying.

Why are you lying?
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »

Look, guys; I need a bit of help here:
If I run this through Google Translate, will it, perchance, make sense?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2018, 03:29:48 PM »
Anchs,

Look, guys; I need a bit of help here:
If I run this through Google Translate, will it, perchance, make sense?

Try selecting the setting "English → Gibberish".
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Robbie

« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2018, 05:19:23 PM »
I'm giving up here Nicholas, all the best to you.

(Unless Trippy wants to start a dialogue about Evasion & something, I'll join in with that.)
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Sassy

« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2018, 12:17:29 AM »

Ah, right....
So no red dragon yet.
I'm well aware of Revelation, NM.
Wee story:
When the Good News Bible was being issued, you could buy the individual books as handy pocket sized versions.
Revelation was thirty eight pages.
On the shelf below, there were about thirty tomes purporting to understansd Revelation.
One such had thirteen hundred pages.
I rest my case.
Thanks

And you! what say you?  Can you explain Revelations?  Or do you only know what you have read?
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #467 on: November 10, 2018, 12:38:25 AM »
And you! what say you?  Can you explain Revelations?  Or do you only know what you have read?

I don't know ANY theologian worth reading who fully understands Revelation, Sass.
But I DO know that Revelation, like all Scriptural books, needs to be read in context.
Revelation is classed as  "Apocalyptic writing".
By its' nature, it is couched in language familiar to its' hearers, but lost to modern hearers - because most of those original hearers were first century Jewish believers steeped in the apocalyptic language of the later O.T and Apocryphal books...and living in first-century Asia Minor under the duress of Roman rule.
Much of Revelation can be shown to represent, not some parousial happening - though of course the parousia looms large in the later chapters - but first century Rome.

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #468 on: November 10, 2018, 11:48:15 AM »
It's not the dropping of the pencil that causes the earthquake Sebastian.

It is the enormous fart given out when you stand up straight after bending down to pick it up.
Brains evolved the capacity to integrate multiple multi modal sensory input streams into a single experiential flow eons ago...

SteveH

• From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!
« Reply #469 on: November 10, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

It is the enormous fart given out when you stand up straight after bending down to pick it up.
;D
True godliness don't turn men out of the world, but enables them to live better in it, and excites their endeavours to mend it.
William Penn

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #470 on: November 10, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »

No, that would be a hurricane.
If you are going to attempt to be funny, do try make some effort?
Albert Einstein

Walt Zingmatilder

• PAY THE NURSES!
« Reply #471 on: November 10, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
No, that would be a hurricane.
If you are going to attempt to be funny, do try make some effort?
It got a smiley face Seb.

That's one more than the entire history of antitheist comedy.
Brains evolved the capacity to integrate multiple multi modal sensory input streams into a single experiential flow eons ago...

Roses

« Reply #472 on: November 12, 2018, 09:01:46 AM »
If I had my way Revelation would be removed from the Bible, and flushed down the sewer. The interpretations of that stupid book people have come up with since it was included in the Bible, have often done harm to gullible believers. >:(
“What seems like a good idea at the time, more often than not bites the dust spectacularly” RJG

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #473 on: November 12, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
If I had my way Revelation would be removed from the Bible, and flushed down the sewer. The interpretations of that stupid book people have come up with since it was included in the Bible, have often done harm to gullible believers. >:(

And yet, much of the book is in plain language, and offered both soundadvice and comfort toindividuals andchurches undergoing persecution.
A sweeping statement, LR, as per usual.

Roses

« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »

And yet, much of the book is in plain language, and offered both soundadvice and comfort toindividuals andchurches undergoing persecution.
A sweeping statement, LR, as per usual.
#

Give some examples of 'sound advice' from that horrible book?
“What seems like a good idea at the time, more often than not bites the dust spectacularly” RJG