Author Topic: Former President Trump  (Read 185460 times)

Sassy

Re: President Trump
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
That has never stopped Sass! ;D

Shouldn't that be!

"Never stopped Owlswing?"
We never witnessed the resurrction of Christ . . . but you KNOW thgat it happened . . .

Do you think that most posters on here have it in for me? LOL
As you can see Owlswing started the religious bit off.
I merely posted about your statement and it being seen as:-

Quote from: Sassy on April 24, 2017, 05:09:57 AM

Is that slander?  You need to be careful Floo,
We don't know because we never witnessed it.
Mud throwing is something the USA do very well.

Apologies accepted... ::)
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #551 on: May 09, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
Yes a few times, she posts here occasionally but  didn't introduce religion on this thread, if you look at previous page it was brought up out of the blue by someone else & she has now responded.

Thank you Robinson.

Have shown them.  :D
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #552 on: May 09, 2017, 10:16:18 AM »
No you haven't got it Sassy, Trump refused to pay what he had agreed.
He broke promises.

Almost lost some small business men their livelihood

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/13/politics/trump-small-business-owners/

Small businessmen can't afford not to be paid.

3500 claims of him not keeping promises and not paying people, is a lot.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-lawsuit-contractors

He thinks he can do what he wants, to anyone.

Including women.

Aren't you mixing business with politics?
The fact is he is being stopped from keeping the promises he made.
He cannot and will not be able to run his businesses as president of the USA.
They are two different things. JeremyP out of everyone here should have known that.
Complaining about him as a business man has no bearing on his role as the President of the USA.

Sassy

« Reply #553 on: May 09, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
Good piece in the Slate yesterday:

I have to add I find it really difficult to listen to him on any form of media, he has the attention span of a dead goldfish and the mental capacity of a puppy.

He seems incapable of stringing his words together to create any coherent sentences; he strings sentences together that seem totally unrelated to each other.. [see here for example. https://youtu.be/2E2vLjJOig0]

He is the supreme definition of a Nobber!!

You mean he has the same affect as alcohol on you? Were you drunk or drinking when watching him?
Personal dislike of him is human nature, but for goodness sake at least bring some evidence to the table of what he has done
in his role as president to deserve your disdain of him. Or do you just hate anyone who isn't you?

Sassy

« Reply #554 on: May 09, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-39743332/what-trump-misses

Is this guy for real? He says he thought being President would be less busy than that of his previous life!!!! :o

Guess you have no idea of how a top business mans life would be when busy?
You think he plays golf all day and let's others make his decisions?
I too, given the number of aides the President has, would of thought his life less busy.
But I suppose having people in power who won't let you do what the people put you in power to do, would make it more difficult and requiring a lot more effort and work.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #555 on: May 09, 2017, 10:21:38 AM »
The fact is he is being stopped from keeping the promises he made.

No I think you'll find his promises were not possible in the first place.

'We'll build a wall and the Mexicans will pay for it.'

Good luck with that.

'We'll replace Obamacare with a better health system.'

The very same poor working class people you so correctly defend are being targeted by Trump's changes to healthcare. He isn't sticking up for ordinary working people. He's sticking it to them.

He's failing bigly, because he lied bigly.

FYI List of conditions that were covered by Obamacare but not covered by Trumpcare. You think the rich will suffer, nah me neither.

AIDS/HIV
 Lupus
 Alcohol abuse/ Drug abuse with recent treatment
 Mental disorders (severe, e.g. bipolar, eating disorder)
 Alzheimer’s/dementia
 Multiple sclerosis
 Arthritis (rheumatoid), fibromyalgia, other inflammatory joint disease
 Muscular dystrophy
 Cancer within some period of time (e.g. 10 years, often other than basal skin cancer)
 Obesity, severe
 Cerebral palsy
 Organ transplant
 Congestive heart failure
 Paraplegia
 Coronary artery/heart disease, bypass surgery
 Paralysis
 Crohn’s disease/ ulcerative colitis
 Parkinson’s disease
 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)/emphysema
 Pending surgery or hospitalization
 Diabetes mellitus
 Pneumocystic pneumonia
 Epilepsy
 Pregnancy or expectant parent
 Hemophilia
 Sleep apnea
 Hepatitis (Hep C)
 Stroke
 Kidney disease, renal failure
 Transsexualism
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:25:27 AM by Trentvoyager »
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Sassy

« Reply #556 on: May 09, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »
Silly wotsit!

I wondered about the Christian enthusiasm in the USA for Donald Trump and googled - Is Trump a Christian?

Loads of stuff came up, too much to pick one to post here. One talked about his recent conversion, another said he is quiet about his faith because if he talks about it it comes out wrong.

Catholic Herald went on a bit and ddin't reach a point.

Hey ho.

If you a mock a believer you mock the God who made him and the saviour (in this case) who died for him.
Why do you believe that it is written:-

King James Bible
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

It isn't a personality contest of whether I like Donald Trump or Not. I believe in higher powers and that all powers are their by the will of God. Do I know why God put Donald Trump in power? Guessing and looking at facts in the world it could be because of the lack of the last president to help secure Israel the nation and the City of Jerusalem where they need to be. It could also, (which I do believe) be about end times coming into force and the powers that be finally being brought to book.
What I do know is that God is no ones fool he has told the end from the beginning.
My personal beliefs about Donald Trump as a man or business man has no bearing on the fact he is in power because God allowed it, and it will eventually serve the greater plans of God for the good and future of mankind.

You mention you have a faith Robinson. Well, so do I, but it is not based or founded in what others call the 'rights' and 'wrongs' of the world. It is based on belief in God and that he has everything worked out to the last detail.
If Trump is in power you need to know God has real good reasons for it.

Sassy

« Reply #557 on: May 09, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
If you a mock a believer you mock the God who made him and the saviour (in this case) who died for him.

That is hilarious, even for you Sass! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I suppose you have laugh, otherwise how would you explain what you actually understood from it?
I love you, Floo. Never afraid to voice something, even if, you don't really understand it.
But I worry one day you might miss something important.
Faith in God, is not really an 'us' and 'them' situation.

When you think seriously for a minute... you yourself have said how horrible the death of Jesus Christ was.
Do you not realise that in mocking someone who believes in God and Christ Jesus you are mocking those
they believe in? What about Christ's death or the way he died, do you find hilarious?

I know you wrote what you did because you did not understand what I said. I took no offense at what you said.

In the reality of what Christ did and went through because he wanted to save mankind.
Can you think anything which would be funny about it?

Sometimes the reason people do things is not always clear. But you could ask what they mean rather than just laugh and say
it is hilarious. :(

Robbie

« Reply #558 on: May 09, 2017, 04:48:41 PM »
I didn't know Donald Trump was a believer.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #559 on: May 09, 2017, 05:32:58 PM »

My personal beliefs about Donald Trump as a man or business man has no bearing on the fact he is in power because God allowed it, ......

I think God must have had a little too much altar wine. In his inebriated state he let Hilary Clinton win 3,000,000 more votes than Donald Trump. So, knowing that he had cocked it up, he had do a fiddle whereby each voter in Wisconsin was worth three times the vote of each elector in California.

He certainly works in a mysterious way. I suppose he could be ensuring that, by eliminating their access to affordable life-saving medical attention, the poorest God-fearing (what a condition) Republican supporters will die early and thus get to Heaven quickly.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #560 on: May 09, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
You mean worse things will happen than the 9/11 where the people were allowed into the country to perform the executions?
Trump's healthcare reforms will almost certainly kill more people than died on that day. His environmental policy might end up killing us all.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #561 on: May 09, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »

Complaining about him as a business man has no bearing on his role as the President of the USA.

It's the same ammoral arsehole. He admitted he likes sexually assaulting women on video, for Dog's sake. How bad does he have to be before you'll reluctantly admit he is a bad man?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Robbie

« Reply #562 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:02 PM »
Going back a bit because I still don't know: is Donald Trump 'a believer'? If he is I would not mock or criticise for his faith which is entirely his affair but feel at liberty to criticise him as a politician.

Apart from that I have problems with the idea that God put him in power.  By same token God would have put Saddam Hussein or Hitler in power!

I don't believe God puts people in power, people do that. God doesn't stop us from from having success nor making mistakes & we bear the consequences.

Trump being President of the USA is not God-ordained.

(I realise all this is academic to anyone who doesn't believe in God but as it has come up, it made me think.)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:26 PM »
Going back a bit because I still don't know: is Donald Trump 'a believer'? If he is I would not mock or criticise for his faith which is entirely his affair but feel at liberty to criticise him as a politician.

Apart from that I have problems with the idea that God put him in power.  By same token God would have put Saddam Hussein or Hitler in power!

I don't believe God puts people in power, people do that. God doesn't stop us from from having success nor making mistakes & we bear the consequences.

(I realise all this is academic to anyone who doesn't believe in God but as it has come up, it made me think.)
so you can mock him for his beliefs as a politician but you think you  shouldn't because of faith beliefs? What's the difference ?

Robbie

« Reply #564 on: May 09, 2017, 11:38:03 PM »
I knew I would regret saying all that!

if someone worships in private it's their business.
I might criticise him/her if he linked some outrageous (in my view)political policies and actions to religious beliefs, like using religion to justify them.

Sassy

« Reply #565 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:06 AM »
I think God must have had a little too much altar wine. In his inebriated state he let Hilary Clinton win 3,000,000 more votes than Donald Trump. So, knowing that he had cocked it up, he had do a fiddle whereby each voter in Wisconsin was worth three times the vote of each elector in California.

He certainly works in a mysterious way. I suppose he could be ensuring that, by eliminating their access to affordable life-saving medical attention, the poorest God-fearing (what a condition) Republican supporters will die early and thus get to Heaven quickly.
  Humbling ourselves we see that God works things for good would if trusting make us see that nothing has been left to chance.
You have no faith, I understand that. But even so, you have no way of knowing personally if trump was the lesser of all evils.

Sassy

« Reply #566 on: May 10, 2017, 12:30:16 AM »

How do you measure his politics compared to others in the great scheme of things?

God allowing these people into power has nothing to do with anything but the fact God has told the end from the beginning.
God allowed them into power and we all know what happened to them. They fell really hard at the end.

King James Bible
There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

16 We may make our plans, but God has the last word.[a]

The final outcome is always Gods.  Who created Trump? How did Trump come to faith?

Bubbles

« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2017, 07:41:17 AM »

King James Bible
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

It isn't a personality contest of whether I like Donald Trump or Not. I believe in higher powers and that all powers are their by the will of God. Do I know why God put Donald Trump in power? Guessing and looking at facts in the world it could be because of the lack of the last president to help secure Israel the nation and the City of Jerusalem where they need to be. It could also, (which I do believe) be about end times coming into force and the powers that be finally being brought to book.
What I do know is that God is no ones fool he has told the end from the beginning.
My personal beliefs about Donald Trump as a man or business man has no bearing on the fact he is in power because God allowed it, and it will eventually serve the greater plans of God for the good and future of mankind.

You mention you have a faith Robinson. Well, so do I, but it is not based or founded in what others call the 'rights' and 'wrongs' of the world. It is based on belief in God and that he has everything worked out to the last detail.

Does that apply to people like Hitler, pol pot, and other unpleasant people in power? Do you support them as well?

Bubbles

« Reply #568 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:35 AM »
I didn't know Donald Trump was a believer.

Apparently in the USA it's a big issue, anyone who wants to get on in politics has to pay lip service to Christianity, atheists don't get taken seriously.

Bubbles

« Reply #569 on: May 10, 2017, 08:08:02 AM »

King James Bible

Trouble is your post kind of answers why Christians in Germany in ww2 could support Hitler and gaily wave the Jews into gas ovens.

It was all ordained by God, and no one should point out the negative side of it all.

After all Hitler had the same aims, make Germany a great nation, just like Donald Trump wants to make America great again.

If god did have a purpose Sassy, maybe it's to sort those who blindly follow someone like Hitler, instead of objecting to the things they do and evil traits they have.

A lot of Christians over there (USA)  seem to have fallen off the narrow path, into the precipice.

Believing Trump or any leader is beyond criticism because they are God ordained is horrific imo.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/2017/02/16/pat-robertson-opposing-trump-is-revolting-against-what-gods-plan-is-for-america/

Not surprisingly the wolves in sheeps clothing support this idea.

That tells me all I need to know.

No one should be above criticism, especially those who are in control of others.

It's how atrocities happen, people don't question.

How Donald Trump behaves to those beneath him, matters.

How he behaves when he thinks he can't be held accountable, matters.

It's those things that matter.

It's what shapes a persons integrity.

Unfortunately many Christians who support him don't know what integrity is.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #570 on: May 10, 2017, 08:23:14 AM »
Rose

I was thinking of responding to Sassy in much the same way that you have done.

You beat me to it, and you have done so splendidly. Your response is more complete than ever mine would have been. I concur with you every word. Thank you.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #571 on: May 10, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »
How he behaves when he thinks he can't be held accountable, matters.

Prescient given this morning's news about the head of the FBI.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

wigginhall

« Reply #572 on: May 10, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »
Incredible that Trump actually praised Comey at the time for investigating Clinton, now he gets fired for it.   Obviously, lots of stories that Trump is trying to protect himself from investigations into Russia links.   Very Nixonian.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!

Rhiannon

« Reply #573 on: May 10, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »
He's just made it clear to just about everyone that he's got stuff to hide. Idiot.

wigginhall

« Reply #574 on: May 10, 2017, 03:33:57 PM »
Yes, he's like the kid who comes out of the kitchen with his  face covered in chocolate, and says, who me, I've been doing nothing.
They were the footprints of a gigantic hound!