Author Topic: UK General Election 2017  (Read 99707 times)

bluehillside Retd.

Re: UK General Election 2017
« Reply #1075 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
May’s attempt at coalition with the homophobic, science denying NI fruit loops doesn’t hold, Corbyn asks for support from SNP & Lib Dems to run a minority Government, either or both agree but the price is a Parliamentary vote once Brexit deal available, Brexit negotiated, Parliament decide it’s worse than remaining, sets up an independent office of fact checking and holds second referendum, public looks over the cliff and rejects the deal, Article 50 application to leave withdrawn, bluehillside buys nice little barn conversion in Tuscany.

You read it here first folks! 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:05:23 PM by bluehillside »
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1076 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »
Seen elsewhere 'The DUP manifesto is basically just the Bible, with fortnightly bin collections'

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1077 on: June 09, 2017, 11:51:09 AM »
And from the cackling George Osborne's Evening Standard 'Orange is the new blue'

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #1078 on: June 09, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
PS Am I the only one who find Nichola Sturgeon just a little bit, you know, foxy?

I'll get me jacket...

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1079 on: June 09, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
Also seen elsewhere 'All elections end with Farage resigning as leader of UKIP, or taking over as leader of UKIP, and sometimes both'

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #1080 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:40 PM »
Lord Buckethead

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/06/09/all-hail-lord-buckethead-our-new-king/#.WTpIPfn-SNM.facebook

I remember Lord Buckethead at the 1987 GE, he stood in Maggies constituency. Maggie dressed in a dark blue ballgown was making her big speech about having defeated the enemy within....and a few feet away there was this bloke with a bucket on his head.

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #1081 on: June 09, 2017, 12:08:35 PM »
More seriously. FTR I am 57. Twenty years ago my generation thought that we had broken the ya boo two party system, in favour of multi party politics where sensible people could sit around the table & come to acceptable compromises.

And now the teens & the grannies have thrashed us.

Rhiannon

« Reply #1082 on: June 09, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
Just reading about the possibility there's s glass cliff effect here for May.

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #1083 on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »
May’s attempt at coalition with the homophobic, science denying NI fruit loops doesn’t hold, Corbyn asks for support from SNP & Lib Dems to run a minority Government, either or both agree but the price is a Parliamentary vote once Brexit deal available, Brexit negotiated, Parliament decide it’s worse than remaining, sets up an independent office of fact checking and holds second referendum, public looks over the cliff and rejects the deal, Article 50 application to leave withdrawn, bluehillside buys nice little barn conversion in Tuscany.

You read it here first folks!

319 + 10 hell would freeze over before they saw Corbyn in office.

However, LD could support Tories holding another Brexit vote for deal \ less austerity \ more taxes, as the price.

It conveniently gives the Tories someone to blame if the right wing arm get too horrified by a freedom of movement of Labour move.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1084 on: June 09, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »
Tim Farron being pretty strong

'no deal is better than a bad deal'

Gonnagle

« Reply #1085 on: June 09, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »
Dear Sane,

Lord Buckethead :P Makes more sense than "I haven't a clue May"

10. Legalisation of the hunting of fox-hunters.

Never work, that lot would not lend us their horses, dogs and little horns :o :o

Dear Blue,

May’s attempt at coalition with the homophobic, science denying NI fruit loops doesn’t hold

God!! ( yes it does demand a touch of blasphemy ) the Tories and the DUP, dear god in Govan >:(  never mind, a certain section of Scotland are very happy at the moment, they will be tying their shoe laces together ( watch them march and you will understand ) and polishing their little tin flutes as I type this >:( >:(

Gonnagle.

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/shop/shop-search.htm

http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Go on make a difference, have a rummage in your attic or garage.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #1086 on: June 09, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
Who would have thought Scotland saved us from Corbyn, thank you Scotland! :)
Hmm - and you'd have us to believe that over the past couple of weeks you are weighing up whether to vote for May or Corbyn with both as a serious possibility.

I think we all saw through that pretence but at least you are starting to be honest in your posting now.

floo

« Reply #1087 on: June 09, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
Dear Jim,

You leave our Maj alone ;) at least she is one treasure that the bloody Tories can't sell off >:(

Gonnagle.

I agree, it is The Queen who has kept this country together, imo.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #1088 on: June 09, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »
jak,

319 + 10 hell would freeze over before they saw Corbyn in office.

However, LD could support Tories holding another Brexit vote for deal \ less austerity \ more taxes, as the price.

It conveniently gives the Tories someone to blame if the right wing arm get too horrified by a freedom of movement of Labour move.

Thought of that but Lib Dems so badly burned by coalition last time that inconceivable they'd try it again I think. Some combination of Sturgeon/Fallon insisting on Parliamentary vote on the Brexit deal though as price of working co-operation with Labour gov't possible maybe, esp if student loans/debts cancelled also part of the deal?   

God

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #1089 on: June 09, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »
Hmm - and you'd have us to believe that over the past couple of weeks you are weighing up whether to vote for May or Corbyn with both as a serious possibility.

I think we all saw through that pretence but at least you are starting to be honest in your posting now.

Can you for just once stop with the insults. I explained in detail yesterday how I had been thinking of voting in this election, you paint that as pretence and not being honest, and I think its a pretty poor show.

People can disagree with you it doesn't make them bad people.
- Voltaire

Gonnagle

« Reply #1090 on: June 09, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »
Dear Floo,

God Bless Her, but ssshhh!! you will have oor Jim foaming at the mouth :P :P

Gonnagle.

Shaker

« Reply #1091 on: June 09, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Good God, what a recommendation ::)
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #1092 on: June 09, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »
jak,

Thought of that but Lib Dems so badly burned by coalition last time that inconceivable they'd try it again I think. Some combination of Sturgeon/Fallon insisting on Parliamentary vote on the Brexit deal though as price of working co-operation with Labour gov't possible maybe, esp if student loans/debts cancelled also part of the deal?   

The numbers are not there, to form a government you have to get a Queens speech through, 329 MP's would block it. Which is why Scotland have voted to in effect to keep the Tories in power, if it were not for the 12 seats gained in Scotland the Tories (with DUP) would only have 317. If it were not for this gain Corbyn would be odds-on for PM.

What you are proposing is like contemplating a SNP \ Tory deal!
- Voltaire

Alan Burns

• I lay it down of my own free will. John 10:18
« Reply #1093 on: June 09, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »
My wife and I prayed for a government which would return to traditional Christian values, but with no idea how this could be brought about with all the main parties all drifting away from such values.  So we now have the possibility of a coalition with the DUP which is very pro life and anti gay marriage.  So thank you God!  :)
The truth will set you free  - John 8:32
Truth is not an abstraction, but a person - Edith Stein
Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. - CS Lewis
Joy is the Gigantic Secret of Christians - GK Chesterton

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1094 on: June 09, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »
My wife and I prayed for a government which would return to traditional Christian values, but with no idea how this could be brought about with all the main parties all drifting away from such values.  So we now have the possibility of a coalition with the DUP which is very pro life and anti gay marriage.  So thank you God!  :)

So you support parties supported by paramilatary groups.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #1095 on: June 09, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »
Can you for just once stop with the insults. I explained in detail yesterday how I had been thinking of voting in this election, you paint that as pretence and not being honest, and I think its a pretty poor show.

People can disagree with you it doesn't make them bad people.
It isn't that I disgree with you voting Tory that is the issue.

It is the pretence (clear for all to see) that somehow you were seriously considering voting for Corbyn instead. All you have done throughout the past few weeks is carp and criticise Corbyn and Labour (and I'm not fan of the former, no longer a member of the latter and didn't vote Labour). You were going to vote Tory all along, that's clear for all to see. Just start being honest.

And the notion that the social care policy turned you into a don't know is just laughable given that you spend post after post defending it when I was critical.

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #1096 on: June 09, 2017, 12:52:18 PM »

FTR the DUP consider the Orthodox to be another version of the hated RC.

Yes I know it gives me problems too...

Gonnagle

« Reply #1097 on: June 09, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
Dear Mr Burns,

Christian values >:( >:( You really are a lovely poster boy for the religion of Churchianity :(

Gonnagle.

Shaker

« Reply #1098 on: June 09, 2017, 12:57:37 PM »
So - given the 70% + support for marriage equality in NI - you support a party which doesn't support democracy. Why am I not flabbergasted?
Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back. - Al Swearengen, Deadwood.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #1099 on: June 09, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
So you support parties supported by paramilatary groups.
Oh the irony.

So the Tories (and their media chums) spent the whole election campaign demonising Corbyn for his links to republicans who were closely associated with paramilitary groups.

And it looks as if May will end up being propped up by the DUP, a party who are closely linked to loyalist paramilitary groups.